• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Master Xehanort a pure darkness?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alecs27

According to MX's plan, he wants to fill his vessels with a piece of his a heart, is that means he's one of the pure darknesses that the X-Blade release when was destroyed in the first place? If that so why Xehanort wants to create 12 darknesses artificially? Because he wants the legendary key for himself? And who are the the REAL pure darknesses that the X-Blade release when was destroyed? Are they actually exist?

Please, discuss.

Samhain

Bronze Member
No
Throw the pure darkness and pure light stuff out the window for now. That is not the right way to make the X Blade

It's 7 lights vs 13 darknesses not 7 pure lights vs 13 pure darkness

Sora, and Riku have darkness in their heart so clearly it's not "pure light"

Gram

Banned
Awards
Exactly as Samhain said. Another reason to throw it out the window is cause the 13 vessels themselves clearly aren't pure darkness either.
Many of them are made from combinations of MX's heart with another which hardly makes them pure.

I imagine so long as the light & dark between the 7 & 13 equals out it doesn't matter. (i.e the large amount of darkness in Xehanort is equaled out by the large amount of light in Sora or Aqua)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
That sounds.... I mean in the entire collective history of a million worlds never once was there a occurrence of 7 good guys fighting 13 bad guys before? Given enough time & a large enough population, such a thing could happen entirely by accident somewhere.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I some how doubt the thirteen pieces became people like the princesses.

Personally I'm skeptacle about Xehanort's plan. They've always somewhat worked but suffer from some large miscalculation or him being prideful. His new plan about seven GoL and thirteen Darknesess fighti to forge the X-Blade is one of those things that doesn't sit right with me for some reason.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Keep in mind that Xehanort's whole deal is that he believes that light and darkness are meant to exist in perfect balance with one another. For him to be a pure darkness, that would contradict his entire belief system. He's merely using the darkness because of the power that it gives. His heart isn't entirely evil. Only completely evil heart we know of is Vanitas.

That sounds.... I mean in the entire collective history of a million worlds never once was there a occurrence of 7 good guys fighting 13 bad guys before? Given enough time & a large enough population, such a thing could happen entirely by accident somewhere.

But, were they Keyblade wielders? And were all 13 dedicated to darkness and all 7 dedicated to light? Keyblades are picky, remember.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Keep in mind that Xehanort's whole deal is that he believes that light and darkness are meant to exist in perfect balance with one another.
This is actually a very good point.

For him to be a pure darkness, that would contradict his entire belief system. He's merely using the darkness because of the power that it gives. His heart isn't entirely evil. Only completely evil heart we know of is Vanitas.
Darkness doesn't dictate or make one evil, Rikus showed this. MX is evil bit if evil as Vanitas and we've seen that in every title through his plans and his various selves.

It's also fair to remember that Vanitas was always with MX so a great deal of him likely rubbed off on Vanitas.

But, were they Keyblade wielders? And were all 13 dedicated to darkness and all 7 dedicated to light? Keyblades are picky, remember.
Nothing says they have to be wielders though. It just so happens most of the likely candidates are. The vessels themselves only have one know wielder in MX. (Terra too depending on his status)
Though given the stunt he pulled on YX it's likely possible for all of them to access MXs keyblade when completely possessed.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Darkness doesn't dictate or make one evil, Rikus showed this. MX is evil bit if evil as Vanitas and we've seen that in every title through his plans and his various selves.

But, we do know that darkness is born from evil. In the beginning, when everything was light, darkness came from greed. While being greedy does not equate to being evil, greed in and of itself is undoubtedly an evil thing. Greed is selfish, and as we've seen over and over again throughout KH, being selfless and helping others is what ultimately wins in the end.

So, no, darkness does not automatically make a person evil. But, complete darkness, given that darkness is born only from bad, would be evil. However, that was my whole point with why MX isn't pure darkness.

Gram

Banned
Awards
But, we do know that darkness is born from evil. In the beginning, when everything was light, darkness came from greed. While being greedy does not equate to being evil, greed in and of itself is undoubtedly an evil thing. Greed is selfish, and as we've seen over and over again throughout KH, being selfless and helping others is what ultimately wins in the end.

So, no, darkness does not automatically make a person evil. But, complete darkness, given that darkness is born only from bad, would be evil. However, that was my whole point with why MX isn't pure darkness.
Being greedy does not equate to evil. It's a fast track to it yes but that still doesn't make MX less evil just because he isn't pure darkness or Vanitas evil by default because he is.

Darkness feeds on negativity not evil itself. Shown by even beings of pure light like Cinderella who expressed emotions of sadness and maybe even depression drawing the embodiments of negativity, Unversed, right to her.
And if a being lacking any darkness can show negativity that means a being lacking light should be able to show the opposite.

Point being Vanitas was created from Ventus by MX, trained by MX, all his time was spent either with MX, fighting Ven or Aqua.
Vanitas didn't have a chance to show anything otherwise than the evil he was exposed to by Xehanort.

And look at the list of things done by Vanitas compared to Xehanort. Can you honestly still say Vanitas is more evil than MX simply because of what he is?
No. It's the circumstances of his life that make him how he is in conjunction with darkness' appetite to feed on negativity.

Not that I disagree that MX isn't pure evil although I find it highly impossible any good still remains in him at this point, but my point is that just cause he's not pure dark doesn't equate that he's not pure evil.

This is also shown in the fact that everything is a mix of light and dark with the exception of 9 people, only 7 of which is natural.
The only possible way MX could ever be pure darkness is if he ripped the light out of himself the same way he took the darkness from Ventus because that's the only other way for pure hearted beings to exist in the KH universe.
So no just cause MX isn't pure darkness doesn't mean he is pure or next to pure evil.

Darkness is tied to the negativity but I think we've already seen plenty of reasons, in cases listed as well as with Riku and Eraqus, why it's not as simple as "darkness equals evil" or dictates the level of that evil.
It's far more complex than that.

EDIT:

The best example of what I mean is Terra. He's far from evil but still has a strong affinity for darkness and has since before MX meet him. In fact it was his affinity to darkness that gave MX the idea to target him to start with.
Nothing Terra did in the story was evil and what he was tricked into doing was unknowing on his part so he had no evil intent.
The only time Terra expressed something to feed his darkness was the hatred he developed for Xehanort which finally set his darkness loose but even then Terra didn't lose himself, just made himself open to MX's possession.

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I still find it odd how Xehanort is hellbent on restoring balance to light and darkness, and yet he allows himself to be entirely consumed by darkness. He's not pure darkness, as the thread is asking. But he talks about the balance of the two, and then completely favors darkness. I mean, if he's so keen on balance, shouldn't he want that balance within himself? It's weird. Like "They're balance and they must always be maintained" and then "Give your heart over to darkness!"

Wut.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Personally I think Xehanort's stance on balance is bull and is just an excuse to try and validate his actions, but to put a method to his madness, he believes that the universe is under a "tyranny of light". He's trying to "balance" it out by both flooding the RoL with darkness and standing as a symbol for what light has been trying to oppress.

Gram

Banned
Awards
"They're balance and they must always be maintained" and then "Give your heart over to darkness
Well as far as this line goes let's remember MX possession seems to rely on him opening his host to darkness. The is like the strings to the puppet he's controlling.
So when he says that to Terra it makes sense because to take Terra's body he needs to open up to darkness more.

As for the thing as a whole I agree with Ruran. Even if he did mean it once his actions now show that he doesn't care.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I some how doubt the thirteen pieces became people like the princesses.

Personally I'm skeptacle about Xehanort's plan. They've always somewhat worked but suffer from some large miscalculation or him being prideful. His new plan about seven GoL and thirteen Darknesess fighti to forge the X-Blade is one of those things that doesn't sit right with me for some reason.
If Xehanort wanted to make the X-Blade properly, he would look for both the 7 Lights and the 13 Darknesses, instead of just grabbing the 7 Lights (the PoH) and spreading his ego among 13 people.
So when this little battle between the 7 Guardians of Light and 13 Seekers of Darkness happen, if the X-Blade does appear, it would only be half power and probably be unstable.

I kinda want the thirteen pieces to be people, just to see what they would be like, but I can see them have becoming weapons. Weapons are cool.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Personally I think Xehanort's stance on balance is bull and is just an excuse to try and validate his actions, but to put a method to his madness, he believes that the universe is under a "tyranny of light". He's trying to "balance" it out by both flooding the RoL with darkness and standing as a symbol for what light has been trying to oppress.

It is bull. We know that, because there was a point in history when no darkness existed and everything was perfect. Plus, we also know that Kingdom Hearts is light, and it's the ultimate source of all power, knowledge, life, etc. Therefore, Xehanort's beliefs are flawed. Which is why I've always been confused why he believes that, what with his obsession with knowledge.

But yeah, justification of his actions sounds likely.

Sorry, I'll only tell you that I live in Kentucky~
Well, he does think that Light and Darkness should be on equal terms. This reminds me of HMK's theory about him being good. It's honestly hard to say right now. I want to know more about why he's doing this. But they way he has treated everyone is "pure evil". So he is definitely more bad then good.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I don't think MX is pure darkness, I think a Heartless is pure darkness. Xehanort is just a dude with a strange affinity for the dark.

Master Ultima

Awards
Does Xehanort even realize that if light and darkness were in balance then there would be even more darkness. It's what's inside the darkness that everyone fears and Xehanort might be that kind of person. He's inside the darkness because it's what makes him strong.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Does Xehanort even realize that if light and darkness were in balance then there would be even more darkness.
How so? Light begets darkness and darkness chases light, it's imbalance that causes them to get bigger than the other so you'd think being in balance would neutralize either from getting out of hand.

BlueKey777

Banned
I don't think MX is pure darkness, I think a Heartless is pure darkness. Xehanort is just a dude with a strange affinity for the dark.
Well if he is not pure darkness then what would you classify him as? i mean he shoots dark shadows out of his hands (that pretty dark to me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back