• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Jesus and sin

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirates

Just a quick question.
Is Jesus, being fully human and fully god, able to sin?

If he is human, he is like me, who can sin.
If he is god, he is well.... god, who cant sin.

Which is it?

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Well, I do not believe that Jesus = God.

To make the answer short:

According to the scriptures, as a perfect human was Jesus able to sin? Yes. Did he? No.

As a perfect spirit being is he able to sin? Yes. Did he? No.

Last edited:

1+1=FISHXD

yup explain that xD
memes-if-jesus-was-gods-only-son.jpg

but all in seriousness Jesus was gods son he was not god in the bible it is said that jesus had the traints and personality of god but he is not god himself he is jsut technically human with gods personality but god is god so jesus could sin since he is not really god :D

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Jesus when he was in human form was able to sin. This is why the devil tempted him, because he new Jesus in human form was capable of sinning. But unlike normal people, Jesus was also God, so it was much easier for him to stay away from sin due to the godly nature of Jesus. This why Jesus was able to live a perfect life as a human.

He was able to sin, but he never did sin.

Pirates

Jesus when he was in human form was able to sin. This is why the devil tempted him, because he new Jesus in human form was capable of sinning. But unlike normal people, Jesus was also God, so it was much easier for him to stay away from sin due to the godly nature of Jesus. This why Jesus was able to live a perfect life as a human.

He was able to sin, but he never did sin.

That was what I was taught.
But then that begs the question "can the father (god) sin?"

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
That was what I was taught.
But then that begs the question "can the father (god) sin?"

No. God the father never came into human form. It was only when Jesus came in human form was he able to sin. By being in a human body, Jesus was capable of sinning just like all humans. In their true form as God, neither the father, son, or holy spirit is capable of sinning because sin is rebellion against God, and God being just in nature cannot rebel against himself.

Pirates

According to the scriptures only 3 perfect humans lived on Earth. Adam, Eve, and Jesus. But because of what Adam and Eve lost,* we are imperfect. So nobody can be perfect today.

How were Adam and Eve perfect if they were capable of sinning (as they obviously did)? I am the same as them

No. God the father never came into human form. It was only when Jesus came in human form was he able to sin. By being in a human body, Jesus was capable of sinning just like all humans. In their true form as God, neither the father, son, or holy spirit is capable of sinning because sin is rebellion against God, and God being just in nature cannot rebel against himself.

So the son cant sin, Jesus is the son and jesus could sin?
Just to be clear?

But the trinity says that Jesus is the father. They are the same thing.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
How were Adam and Eve perfect if they were capable of sinning (as they obviously did)? I am the same as them

Perfection as it's used here refers not to the inability to sin, but rather the ability to abstain from sin. Unlike Adam, Eve, and Jesus, all other humans are inherently born with the predisposition to sin due to Adam and Eve's original sin. From the time of birth, we carry the "sin nature" (or whatever you might call it). Jesus didn't have this, because he was born by a virgin through God (I personally believe that Jesus is God, but that's another issue altogether). The reason this works is because the sin nature is believed to be passed down through the man, since he is the head of the family and the one ultimately responsible for his family's sin.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
But the trinity says that Jesus is the father. They are the same thing.
haha dude don't even bother with trying to talk about the trinity
its purposefully designed to be confusing and vague so that you can't apply logic to it thereby giving it the guise it's infallible and can't be argued against

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Artificial insemination without breaking the hymen and bam virgin birth rite.

Fire up the new relligious regime because we're cloning that virgin-birthed baby as well just to angrify the Catholic Church

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
To be honest I think God is really a woman. Burns people for half the book while protecting her 'Children,' and then after said countless murders dupes the population into knowing her as loving;

It all bonking makes sense.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
If God is male, then there has to be a female God.

God should not have a gender.

God doesn't have a gender, he simply uses takes on "masculinity" in the Bible due to the man being the head of the household (yada yada yada), and therefore authoritative. He can appear to be or speak through whatever he chooses.

Also, I never said that God actually had ghost sex with Mary and came inside her.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
God doesn't have a gender, he simply uses takes on "masculinity" in the Bible due to the man being the head of the household (yada yada yada), and therefore authoritative. He can appear to be or speak through whatever he chooses.

Also, I never said that God actually had ghost sex with Mary and came inside her.

Or more like a bunch of dudes thought God should be male to further the male agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back