• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Johnny Depp

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm not sure if it's still in the air or not (rumor), but I read that it was confirmed that Johnny Depp would be reprising his role as the Legendary Captain Jack Sparrow.

semisweetangel

It would be kind of weird if it was anyone else..I mean, I'm sure they could find someone who sounded like him, but it just wouldent be the same..

CidHighwind

well they could do like in the first and use voice impersonaters [mushu (eddie murphy) and genie (robin williams)]

dejah

:|
i'm wishing they really use Johnny. drool... i'm not sure is IMDB's got the KH2 listing yet. you can check if you want.

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
It works with animated characters though but not here. They are using Depps likeness, I mean if you look at the character of Jack in KH2 the first thing you notice is that it looks JUST like Johnny Depp, so it would feel really weird to see him, someone who is Johnny Depp, but hear another voice. It's easier to fix with cartoons since the face doesn't always go with the voice. When I see a little red dragon I don't go "EDDIE MURPHY!" but when I see Johnny Depp, I expect his voice! THEY BETTER! *shakes fist*

Cael

Silver Member
Website
tinyurl.com
>_>

dejah you're a freaking n00b for believing the crap of IMDB. Depp is not confirmed and the jap version has an impersonator which means the english very may get an impersonator becuz Depp is filming 2 movies and has a personal life.

Youkikun

KL... you might want to check yourself before going off and flaming "n00bs"

did you just use the fact that they use an impersonator in the japanese version as proof that they'll use one for the english version?

i'm sorry but I laughed very hard after reading that

I highly doubt Depp speaks fluent japanese. ALL the voices are impersonated in the japanese version

semisweetangel

Well yea, they would kind of HAVE to be impersonated..Or you know, Square could always kidnapp their american cast and say, "You have 2 weeks to learn fluent Japanese, don't screw up....Or else!"

Bwaha!

semisweetangel

Well considering the fact that I'm realllllyyyy not looking forward to a chicken little summon, I could really care less..

Youkikun

what would he do anyways? can he do anything in the movie? i havn't seen it

drop stars and planets on you??

Ayden

Website
profile.myspace.com
It possible that Depp will be the voice of Jack Sparrow, I mean there is a lot of famous people in KH. Say the guy from Angel(Whoohoo) and the guy from 7 heaven

Super Sonic

Bronze Member
This is around the 10th time this thread has come up.

Random Dan love:
Dan Castellaneta played Genie in the animated series, he wasn't just picked to sound like Robin Williams, he's a master of voices (Homer Simpson, Earthworm Jim, Robot Devil etc.).

~CLosed~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back