• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Just Wondering...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
You do know how to count, don't you? One, secret boss. Two, secret boss. Count 'em. Two.

In conclusion, there are TWO secret bosses.
now you're not even trying to convince me at this point....

what does counting have to do with anything? really, this is your opinion. i would like for it to be confirmed a secret boss....or at least be mentioned as so by nomura. I'm sure he will say something about it after BBS releases and some time after we get the chance to beat it.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
It's not my job to convince you, you're the odd one out.

what does counting have to do with anything?
Because if you have the ability to count, you'd be able to deduce that there are two secret bosses.

Whether or not both of these secret bosses are canon/will have impact on the story is a different matter, but, that doesnt change the fact that there ARE two.

Allister Rose

French Lover
It's not my job to convince you, you're the odd one out.

Because if you have the ability to count, you'd be able to deduce that there are two secret bosses.

Whether or not both of these secret bosses are canon/will have impact on the story is a different matter, but, that doesnt change the fact that there ARE two.
that's pretty much calling kurt zisa a secret boss too, which he isn't.......

and I'm not the odd one, if i go by what nomura says..to be honest, it's like you "want" to argue with me, if you don't want a decent discussion...I'm just not incline to judge this boss yet. i know it can be considered as one, but official is what i'm looking for

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

what does counting have to do with anything? really, this is your opinion. i would like for it to be confirmed a secret boss....or at least be mentioned as so by nomura. I'm sure he will say something about it after BBS releases and some time after we get the chance to beat it.

You mean you want him to flat out say it's a secret boss? Because I was under the assumption that him being all secretive about his identity would be proof enough.

Edit: Found this:

The North American release date of Birth by Sleep is approaching soon.

Nomura: It’s on September 7th huh. There were various elements added, so it changed a bit. With Mark Hamil as Master Eraqus and Leonard Nimoy as Master Xehanort, it’s like a dream recital contest between Star Wars and Star Trek. Besides that, a mysterious enemy character was also added. Since it’s terribly strong, you might think it’s unbeatable! The debuggers opinions of it went like “I don’t want to meet it a second time!” and “After 20 times I was finally able to beat it once!”

New game features: The North American release will include a number of new features including an extra boss, additional multiplayer options, and Crown Stickers: a reward system where players earn prizes by collecting and placing stickers into an album

Mysterious enemy character + extra boss = secret boss :p

Last edited:

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
that's pretty much calling kurt zisa a secret boss too, which he isn't.......
Yes, he is. He is a boss that is secret, therefore, a secret boss.

For some reason you seem to have the idea that "Secret Boss = Canon/Story Related"
Which, doesn't have to be the case. Both of the bossess in BBS are Secret Bosses, because they are bosses that aren't directly in the story. Whether or not they both are canon-fights/related to the story (ala Xemnas and LS) is up for question, but what isn't up for question is the fact that they are both secret bosses.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Yes, he is. He is a boss that is secret, therefore, a secret boss.

For some reason you seem to have the idea that "Secret Boss = Canon/Story Related"
Which, doesn't have to be the case. Both of the bossess in BBS are Secret Bosses, because they are bosses that aren't directly in the story. Whether or not they both are canon-fights/related to the story (ala Xemnas and LS) is up for question, but what isn't up for question is the fact that they are both secret bosses.
so every optional boss out there could be a secret boss....

and no, kurt zisa isn't secret boss....that's like calling all data organization 13 in kh2FM secret aswell....

personally, now i think this is argument is going on for the sake of redefining secret boss...

this new boss isn't so "secret" considering it's already known before the game releases, but i want to know if nomura will confirm him as one when the game releases

You mean you want him to flat out say it's a secret boss? Because I was under the assumption that him being all secretive about his identity would be proof enough.

Edit: Found this:

Mysterious enemy character = secret boss.
umm............no. mysterious does not mean secret.

Allister Rose

French Lover
You mean you want him to flat out say it's a secret boss? Because I was under the assumption that him being all secretive about his identity would be proof enough

Mysterious enemy character + extra boss = secret boss :p
pretty much...like he did for Vanitas sentiment. Nomura is being secretive, but we don't know much about this character....i would rather let nomura guide me, then to lean into my own thoughts when it comes to this type of situation.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Seeing how Nomura grouped this guy with LS when he was describing him I think you can say he isn't like Kurt Zisa. Kurt Zisa was an optional boss yes but he had no impact on the plot. This guy "looks" like he is going to be involved in future installments. I'm going by pattern of games.

KH1: Xemnas boss
KH2: Lingering Sentiment Boss
kH0 (Birth By Sleep): This New Guy

(reason why I ruled Vanitas sentiment out was because Nomura didn't treat him in the same light as LS or Xemnas and going by other bosses you don't exactly get weapons from your secret boss (seeing how we get Vanitas's keyblade now). I'm saying that his guy takes VS slot as the new term that I'm gonna use (seeing how Secret Boss is now a taboo term Allister) "Future Plot Boss" or FTB. whatever you wanna call it. Just saying that this guy looks like the boss that will appear in the future installments.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Wow, AlisterRose, really...?

It's obvious both Vanitas Sentiment and the cloaked guy are both secret bosses? Why can't there be 2? Why do you honestly think there needs to be 1 "true" secret boss? Why is it limited to just one? And why in the world would it be confusing to have 2 secret bosses?

Allister Rose

French Lover
Wow, AlisterRose, really...?

It's obvious both Vanitas Sentiment and the cloaked guy are both secret bosses? Why can't there be 2? Why do you honestly think there needs to be 1 "true" secret boss? Why is it limited to just one? And why in the world would it be confusing to have 2 secret bosses?

honestly, when the topic came up not too long ago, you all said the same thing. well not you guys exactly.

you all said "it's not secret, it's just optional" and no one corrected him/her. so why now?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
honestly, when the topic came up not too long ago, you all said the same thing. well not you guys exactly.

you all said "it's not secret, it's just optional" and no one corrected him/her. so why now?

The only time I remember saying that was when we only had the press release to go by, and that referred to it as merely an additional boss.

Allister Rose

French Lover
The only time I remember saying that was when we only had the press release to go by, and that referred to it as merely an additional boss.
but you said it at one point. and i know people can change their opinion, but do some of you really make me look like such an outkast? (well actually it's just skyfoxx)

Relix

A traveler
Awards
To be fair...every "secret" boss (Xemnas, LS, Vanitas Sentiment and Twin Blade) are all "optional"

And I don't think anyone's trying to make you an outcast its just that somethings you say are...kinda...off. I mean, would it be a real shocker if there were two secret bosses instead of one?

Allister Rose

French Lover
To be fair...every "secret" boss (Xemnas, LS, Vanitas Sentiment and Twin Blade) are all "optional"

And I don't think anyone's trying to make you an outcast its just that somethings you say are...kinda...off. I mean, would it be a real shocker if there were two secret bosses instead of one.
i know all secret bosses are optional, but that isn't what makes them secret (heartseam made it pretty clear that she thinks it is).

heartseams is, Skyfoxx always takes it a little too far, and as for sign.......well i don't have any problem with her.

and no I'm not saying it will be a shocker if there were 2, but the way Vanitas sentiments boss is, and the way this new twin blade is, it makes you think if Vanitas sentiment really is one or not. nomura confirmed vanitas sentiment a secret boss, but not exactly to the new twin blade one. So what i said before is maybe nomura might confirm this one as the "true" secret boss seing as how he follows similar pattern the other secret bosses and that the one in Japanese version is just an optional boss (doubt he'll include vanitas sentiment).

for now twin blade is considered one, but not really one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back