• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kadaj's Final Mission: Lifestream Crisis

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Marluxia_Xii said:
NOOO! This story's so awesome, I can't wait for more. But, understand the stress, so get some rest! Exams are the source of all evil I tell you, source of all evil...
I might not do a chapter tonight. I'm drained of my creative mind. Or maybe I will if it does come back. I might probably get another chapter in by the weekend when I've finished school! Or perhaps it could be tonight or tomorrow.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Got chance to post one, two or EVEN three chapters today since I have half a day off from school cos I left! YIPEE!

Chapter 8: The One Winged Angel

Kadaj was seen floating into what was a metal surface with chains that were possibly strong enough to withstand the Jenova cell power. Kadaj looked very angry indeed about the process of being captured and taken into custody by the person he least liked, Hojo. And to make it even worse, President Shinra was there. He used most of his strength trying to get out, but he sighed when he was being electrocuted by small mini guns that appeared by his side.

"Now if you try to even escape, then these guns will shoot sparks of electricity and you will feel the pain," said Hojo, giggling like the mad scientist he always was. "They cannot kill you due to the Lifestream's main status at the moment. Not even the Mensiks could cure it. I am sure that the pathetic guardian of the Lifestream is fearing for his or her life right now. They will be obliterated once my son has been restored to his former glory and power."

"Sephiroth will lead SOLDIER once again," said President Shinra. "He will be the best one there. All SOLDIER will obey my company and I will rule the world one day."

"Some super villain you are," said Kadaj sarcastically.

"Why, you ought to be electrocuted," said Hojo.

"Silence, Hojo, you pathetic dog," said President Shinra.

"Yes, Mr President, of course," he sniggered and went off to check on the forces of SOLDIER.

"I like your courage to stand up to even me," said President Shinra, coming closer to Kadaj. "You should have seen me before Sephiroth killed me. I was so powerful and the people of this earth worshipped me because I used the Mako energy to bring them rich and plentiful lives. Now the Mako energy is limitless due to the Lifestream being broken and the lives of so many dead people coming back to the planet. Kadaj, you should appreciate what Sephiroth is doing. He is your brother, after all."

"My brother? As if!" said Kadaj. "And why would you help a man who killed you even now? Would you not resent him for taking your life?"

"All is forgiven in the afterlife remember," said President Shinra, glaring coldly at him. "Sephiroth promised me that we would take over the planet if I put him back to his full strength. And since you were the last person to become him, he needs your power to get back to where he is."

"You think I'll do that for HIM?!" yelled Kadaj. "You can think again, Shinra! I will escape this place and I WILL put everyone back where they belong."

"And I can't even see goodness in you either," said President Shinra. "Besides, once you are done with you will be of no use to Sephiroth. After all, he's replacing you in that gang of yours. The one that was with those monsters you could summon and with Loz and Yazoo."

"He's replacing them?" whispered Kadaj. He felt sad, but felt no anger either.

"You feel sorrow? Even a mere puppet such as yourself should be pitied after all," he continued to say. "It is too bad that Sephiroth cannot see you as of yet now. He's too weak without your power. Your power made him even stronger than he was before he fought Cloud three years ago. And I ensure you that you will be the mere puppet you once were before the Geostigma went away."

"We are ready when you are, President Shinra," said Hojo in his strange voice.

"Excellent," smiled President Shinra evilly and nasty. "It seems that we are ready at last. The preparations have been done and now ... it is finally time to start the Reunion. Loz! Yazoo! Bring Sephiroth to us now."

And then moments later, Kadaj saw it all with his own eyes. Loz and Yazoo were carrying Sephiroth's almost lifeless body towards him. He was wearing the normal clothes he had once worn. Loz and Yazoo were giggling as they always normally did.

"Brother, you'll finally become normal," said Yazoo. "Do you not want that, Kadaj?"

"Yeah, all Sephiroth needs is your power and we can be together forever," said Loz.

"We will be reunited with Mother," said Yazoo. "You'll be normal like us. We gave our part to Sephiroth and now it's time for you to give yours to him."

Sephiroth's green eyes opened and they were set on Kadaj.

"It's been a while ... Kadaj," said Sephiroth, glaring at him.

Kadaj's eyes were full of shock. "You ... you're alive?" he whispered. "I thought you'd be severely crippled by now."

"All I need is your power, Kadaj," said Sephiroth. "I need you and then it'll all be over. We'll be reunited with Mother and we'll become normal. After all, the only family you've ever had was Loz and Yazoo. Through this act, we will be united as brothers. You'll be free of all the pain and misery you feel right now. It shall be replaced with something even worse."

"I thought you said it would go?" said Kadaj.

"You're a traitor, Kadaj," said Sephiroth. "A mere traitor that does not deserve to live in this planet. Alas, we cannot change that. We can only just hope that there is hope left for you. You are a lost cause, Kadaj. Yet join us and you may be able to find what you have been missing."

"I will never join your scheme!" yelled Kadaj.

Sephiroth laughed. "That's just too bad," he said as he touched Kadaj's forehead and it burned Kadaj in his mind. "That strength! It is enormous and immense. I must have ... more!" He touched his forehead again. "I love this power! Give me more!" All of Kadaj's power was transferred to Sephiroth ... at least there was only a small amount left in Kadaj's body, anyway. The chains were released and Kadaj fell on to Sephiroth, who was now back at full power.

"Why ... did you ... do ... this?" he whispered.

"It will be all right, my brother," said Sephiroth. "You are normal again. You will return to your full strength soon. Your mind will be cleansed and you will regain what has been lost. The missing gaps will be filled." He whispered in his ear. "Welcome back to the fold ... Kadaj."

He then took out his sword and then slashed Kadaj who went flying a few miles away. Sephiroth's black wing unfolded and he flew at Kadaj, who couldn't even fight for himself. Kadaj tried taking out his sword, but he was too weak and fell down to the ground.

"That's right, Kadaj," said Sephiroth. "Bow down to me! Show me your forgiveness! You are my slave, you pathetic clone!" He slashed him again. "And you thought your cure was in Junon? How pathetic. You deserve to be cast away from the face of the planet. You are too weak to fight me now."

He was about to stab Kadaj, but then a familiar sword stopped his own. Destiny stood there blocking Sephiroth's attack holding the duplicate Buster Sword. "Don't think you're going to get past me," she said as she gathered her strength and pushed him back with the Buster Sword. She bent down to Kadaj and helped him up. "Are you all right, Kadaj?"

"Thanks to you ... I think I am ..." he whispered and smiled.

Sephiroth landed next to President Shinra. "What happened?" asked Hojo. "What happened, my son?"

"I was interrupted!" yelled Sephiroth. "Some girl holding a sword similar to Cloud's just appeared out of nowhere. She ... has more power than Kadaj. But it seems she does not use it to her advantage now."

The truck came speeding up. "Wait here," said Aeris to Denzel and Marlene. "He's here." She got out of the truck and ran over to Kadaj and Destiny. "What happened?"

"Dunno, just got here myself," said Destiny. "Get him to the car. I have a submarine ship that can get us to safety for now. Take Kadaj to Junon and wait for me there. I'll be fine!" She ran forward and clashed with Sephiroth, who had unexpected her attack.

Aeris helped Kadaj to his feet and got him to the truck. "Make sure he's all right!" she said to Denzel and Marlene. "I don't know what's wrong with him, but make sure he's ok." She drove off and then Sephiroth set eyes on Aeris once he had made an attack on Destiny.

"It's her ..." he whispered. "That Ancient I killed three years ago ... she must have returned from the Lifestream, too. How unexpected." He turned his attention back to Destiny and unfolded his black angel wing again flying into the air. "You are stronger than you look, little girl." He clashed with her time and time again.

"That's because you seriously underestimate my power," said Destiny as she too clashed with Sephiroth. "And here you are. The original one with the Jenova cells, the One Winged Angel. I thought I'd fear you if I ever fought with you, but I guess I'm wrong then. I don't fear you. You match up to my standards. But I suppose this fight will be cut short." She knocked the sword out of Sephiroth's hands and then landed on the ground. You should NEVER underestimate a Mensik. And with that, she got on Kadaj's motorbike and sped off to catch up with the others.

"You let them get away," said Hojo.

"It was not my fault," said Sephiroth. "That impudent girl interrupted as you may recall. You are not the only Jenova cell master here, Hojo. Or shall I say ... father now that you told me about yourself? After all, I have you to thank for my immense strength and speed. But without Kadaj, I would be nothing."

"True, true," said President Shinra. "We may have had our differences in the past, but I must say that you are worthy of leading SOLDIER to get rid of Kadaj and his friends."

"We have one more problem," said Hojo.

"And what is that?" asked President Shinra.

"The girl, that Ancient," replied Sephiroth. "She is vital to them. As I recall, she is a friend of Cloud. It was her who helped him to defeat Kadaj and myself a year ago. But nevertheless, Cloud is locked up where he should be. Perhaps a touch of his power will make me god-like."

"An excellent idea, my son," said Hojo.

"Very well," said President Shinra. "Hojo, take Sephiroth back to Midgar. As for you, Rufus ..." He pointed at Rufus who had been hiding all this time. "It is finally time that you obey ME and stop plotting against ME!"

Rufus sighed. "Fine, whatever," he said. "I don't like taking orders anyway. But seeing my position compared to yours ... what choice do I have?"

Meanwhile, Barret and Vincent were now on the road to Corel Town. "My former home ..." sighed Barret. "Everyone'll still hate me, even if I did helped to save the world a year ago. They'll kill me!" They walked along the bridge and then saw that everyone wasn't pointing and yelling at him; they ran over to him and begged.

"PLEASE!" said a young child. "HELP US!"

Barret nodded and then saw where the crowd was standing. And there, shooting his gun from his arm ... was Dyne.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ok, guys. Here is the next chapter.

Chapter 9: Crippled and Weakened

Aeris was waiting for Destiny to come to the Junon docks. No one recognised them at all. She was standing there with Denzel and Marlene, whilst Kadaj was still in the truck. "Come on, Destiny ..." she muttered. It did not take Aeris much longer to spot Destiny who was riding on Kadaj's motorbike as the way of escape. She stopped and swerved coming off and approaching them.

"What took so long?" asked Aeris.

"I had some trouble with Loz and Yazoo," answered Destiny. "Also, Sephiroth got in my way. Besides, I can handle him for now. He's not much of a problem."

"You can fight Sephiroth?" she stared.

"Of course I can!" smiled Destiny. "It's what I call my power. Mensiks are a race of humans not to ever be underestimated. We're almost as strong as the Ancients."

"But I think you surpass the Ancients," said Aeris. "After all, you're powerful and use your powers for offense. We only use ours for defence."

"You're still strong no matter who you are," said Destiny as she helped Kadaj to his feet and then opened the hatch to the submarine. "Take Kadaj in here. I'll put the truck and motorbike in as well."

Aeris went to help Kadaj. Denzel and Marlene was also helping, too. Denzel still blamed himself for Kadaj leaving, but now he blamed himself for Kadaj being in this state. But yet, Aeris had told him over and over that it was not his fault and Kadaj had done it out of free will. In the meantime, Destiny had the vehicles to attend to. She put the truck in the submarine basement when she lifted it up and then she put the motorbike in as well. Once it was done, the hatch was closed and the submarine was ready to leave for the next continent. Destiny was at the wheel.

"Ok, now we're heading for the new continent," she said. "You guys better be ready. I know somewhere where we can be safe for the time being. We can be safe there for the next week or so at least. But I'm not guaranteeing anything as of yet."

"Where is this place?" asked Denzel.

"Yeah, but I really want my daddy ..." said Marlene.

"B-Barret ... escaped ..." whispered Kadaj.

Marlene ran to Kadaj who was laid on a bed. "What did you say? Barret is my daddy's name! What did you say?" she asked.

"That was the other part of my story," said Destiny. "It seems that Barret and Vincent have escaped from the Shinra building. My best bet is that they have reached the other continent by now."

"Knowing their skill and power, yes," said Aeris in agreement. "They're strong knowing the journey they made three years ago."

Kadaj closed his eyes. He did not know what had drawn him to where Shinra and his SOLDIER army was waiting for him. Perhaps it was something familiar there that drew him there. Nevertheless, it was over. Kadaj had endured the pain and it was over for now. He was regaining his strength again, but now, Sephiroth was back at his full strength. If it had not been for Destiny, who had arrived at the right time, then he would have been as good as gone by now ...

"We should arrive at Costa Del Sol very soon," said Destiny. "Probably be about another hour or so."

"I've never been to other places other than Midgar and Edge," said Denzel.

"I think I have," said Marlene. "I remember my daddy taking me from Corel Town to Midgar when I was really little. He told me all about it when I was a little older when he told me about what happened two years ago with Cloud and everything happening with that Sephiroth."

"I don't know about my family," sighed Denzel.

"You have a family, Denzel," said Marlene. "You have me and Cloud and Tifa."

"Well, maybe you're right!" smiled Denzel.

"I'll go check on Kadaj," offered Destiny.

"No, you handle the submarine," said Aeris. "I mean, I don't want to be rude, but ... you have a job to do. I'll do mine. We don't want to get attacked, right?"

"Well, no one knows about my submarine," said Destiny. "But if you insist, go ahead. I'll look out for anyone firing any stuff at us."

Smiling weakly at Destiny, Aeris rose to her feet, leaving Denzel and Marlene to play a game together, and went to sit on a chair next to the bed where Kadaj lay. "You're hurt ... aren't you?" she whispered. "I wish I could help you, but ... it's nothing I can do."

"I ... I should be fine in the ... next few hours," said Kadaj, whispering. "Hey ... how the others doing?"

"Denzel and Marlene are fine," smiled Aeris. "Destiny's our friendly captain. Yeah, everything is fine."

"I'm ... glad," smiled Kadaj. "I'm ... glad that everyone's ... ok."

"You get some rest and save your strength," said Aeris. "You can get some sleep. You haven't slept since we left the Lifestream when it broke."

Kadaj nodded and then closed his eyes. For around twenty minutes, Aeris sat there watching over him. He was already asleep by then sleeping silently to himself as he breathed in and out regaining his strength.

"Here," said Destiny. "You need to eat." She handed Aeris a cheese sandwich. "I made it myself. Even if you might be walking in a dead body in the planet, you still need to eat. Here, I also made one for Kadaj too."

"Thank you," whispered Aeris, as she gladly accepted the sandwich and placed Kadaj's sandwich on the small table.

"You really ... care about him, don't you?" asked Destiny.

"Well, we are united in our cause to restore the Lifestream," said Aeris. "And that is why we went against what Sephiroth wanted. Sephiroth wants to attempt something new. But we just don't know what it is. Loz and Yazoo have also joined him. Everyone from the Lifestream has joined him. We're a mere resistance group. But just remember this ... three years ago, our mission to stop Sephiroth did start off with AVALANCHE, the resistance group. But it ended up with meeting more people and we managed to defeat Sephiroth having knowing everything we knew and gaining the strength on the way. I was still with them, even if Sephiroth had killed me."

"Wait," said Destiny. "Sephiroth ... killed you?"

"Yes, he did," nodded Aeris. "But I have no regrets. I was the last Ancient. I did not know I was meant to die. It was Sephiroth's plan and I was a part of it. He wanted to 'heal' the planet by killing me. The past doesn't mean anything now. It's all right."

"I hope you'll be all right," said Destiny. "But I know you will anyway. We'll pull through this." She started to walk back to the wheel when she felt an enormous amount of pain. "A-Aaaahhh ..."

"Are you all right, Destiny?" asked Aeris.

"I ... I think I will, it's just ..." began Destiny. "A-AAAAHHH!"

She fell to the ground and put a hand on her chest. Her eyes kept opening and closing. Anyone could tell that she was in extreme pain. Denzel and Marlene had just noticed this. Denzel tried to pull Destiny up, but she was too heavy for him to lift up.

"Destiny! Are you all right? Destiny!" he said.

"Please be all right, Destiny!" said Marlene.

Aeris ran to Destiny and helped her up into the driver's chair. "What's wrong?" she asked. "Please, Destiny. Tell me, I'm here for you."

"H-He went down," said Destiny.

"Who went down?" asked Denzel.

"Yes, who went down?" said Aeris.

"Is Destiny going to be all right?" said Marlene.

"A Mensik went down, he's d-dead," said Destiny, as tears streamed down her face. "Hayate. He is a friend of mine. He is, or rather WAS, the guardian of the Lifestream. Now, another Mensik has the burden of being the guardian. If the Lifestream is hurt, then so will the guardian be as well."

"How did he die?" asked Aeris.

"Sephiroth," said Kadaj. He was sat up on his bed glancing to see if Destiny was all right.

"But ... but how did you know?" she said.

"He used my power to do it," whispered Kadaj. "I can't believe it. I saw it all ... with my own eyes." He slid down the bed and closed his eyes again. "I just want this all to end ..."

"Me, too!" said Denzel. "I'm fed up of Sephiroth. I change my mind. Sephiroth is even badder than you, Kadaj."

"Th-Thank you, Denzel," said Kadaj.

"And I want my daddy!" said Barret. "It's not fair! I want my daddy to be ok!"

"We'll be able to once we get rid of Sephiroth," said Aeris. "But for now, life will be unpredictable. Destiny, are you all right now?"

"I ... I should be," said Destiny. "There'll be pain, but I think I'm fit enough to be driving this submarine." She let out a little laugh. "I guess I'll be the only one able to drive this thing."

As the submarine continued towards Costa Del Sol, Barret saw that Dyne was giggling uncontrollably. "D-Dyne ..." he whispered. "Oh my god ... I never thought I'd see you again."

"Well, you thought wrong!" yelled Dyne. "I'm gonna fight you and this time, I'm gonna win. I'm gonna get custody of Marlene. At least, that's what Sephiroth promised me. I knew you'd break out of prison sooner or later."

"WHAT?" said Barret. "That white-haired b*stard is getting you to do his dirty work? Hell, I'd like to kick his ass all the way to the Lifestream."

"You can kick mine, but I doubt you'd be able to," said Dyne.

"He's got style, but I don't think he tells the truth," said Vincent to Barret. "And he lacks creditability as well."

"So what about it, Barret? Why don't you fight me?" taunted Dyne. But then his expression changed. "Or perhaps ... why don't you join me? Join us and we can have joint custody of Marlene."

"Dyne," said Barret. "You said that Marlene wouldn't know who you were three years ago. And that's why I had to fight you and win."

"I killed myself, but I guess I have to thank whoever broke the Lifestream," said Dyne. "I have to give them credit. If it hadn't happened, then I would never be here. I get another chance in life. I guess there is second chance at everything."

"Barret, what are you gonna do?" asked Vincent.

"Hell, I'm gonna blast his purple-haired ass to the Lifestream!" said Barret as he turned his metal arm into a machine gun. Monsters appeared. He shot at them and killed them. "Make sure the people are safe, all right?"

And with that, he ran forward and clashed arm-guns with Dyne.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It's here!

Chapter 10: On The Run

Dyne had no Materia, but Barret did have some that he and Vincent had found that Cloud had stashed in Costa Del Sol. He cast Fire on Dyne, which annoyed him very greatly. "So I take it you do not wish to join the mighty Sephiroth," said Dyne. "He's a good man, Barret. He's just trying to be normal and be alive again. We all want a second chance."

"Yeah, but we both know that ain't gonna happen!" said Barret, as he shot at Dyne's shoulder. Only a few bullets hit his shoulder. Dyne ran on ahead towards the bridge.

"Let me show you something that you might remember, old buddy," he said as he came to the spot where their fate had been decided ... where both of their arms had become useless and had to be turned into arm guns. "Remember this place? Shinra soldiers shot us here. But they're on my side now. Shall we get rid of that other hand you have?" He clicked his hands and then the forces of SOLDIER then appeared in front of him.

"What? Huh? SOLDIER?" said Barret. "I thought they were done for!"

"So did I until Hojo experimented on them," sniggered Dyne.

"Not that freaky guy again ... wait!" he yelled. "Damn! Hojo got out too? Oh, man ..."

"All those who are dead got out," said Dyne. "Including Eleanor. But I don't know bout your wife, buddy."

"Where is she? And where's Eleanor?" shouted Barret. "Dyne, you better not have done something to them!"

"So what if I have?" giggled Dyne. "It's time that I got what I wanted. Just imagine it, Barret. You defeated me and I threw myself off the cliff committing suicide. But now I have a second chance. I can see Marlene when I get rid of you. Barret, I might not be able to kill you ... but I can still hurt you!" He shot many bullets at Barret, trying to aim for his head.

Barret jumped right away and then shot at Dyne. The citizens of Corel Town kept on watching. Amongst them, was Eleanor hidden in a black cloak. "Please ... win this, Barret," she whispered. It seemed she was not under Sephiroth's influence.

SOLDIER shot at Barret. They were incredibly strong. Barret had never known them to be this strong. "Wha the hell?" he said. "How'd they get THAT strong?!"

"Ever heard of Jenova cells?" asked Dyne.

"You're damn right I have!" said Barret.

Dyne smiled and crossed his arms. "It's very simple really," he smiled nastily. "Since Hojo came back, he implanted Jenova cells in them. They're doomed to be no longer human, they're just mere robots obeying the commands that we have for them. Trust me, Barrret. Sephiroth only wants to be normal. But to do that, he has to restore to his full strength and I bet he has now with the help of Kadaj."

"Whoa, whoa!" said Barret. "Kadaj is in the picture?"

Meanwhile, the submarine had reached the docks of Costa Del Sol. The truck and motorbike was taken off. Forces of SOLDIER were already there. Kadaj was now back to his full strength. He took out his double sword and waited to see if they recognised him.

"Hey, look out! It's Kadaj!" shouted the SOLDIER general.

"Well, I knew this would happen," sang Destiny.

Kadaj ran at them immediately and jumped at high speeds slashing them all until they were dead. Destiny ran over to them and touched the emerald necklace around her neck. Their souls returned to the Lifestream without no trouble.

"Well, are we done here?" she asked.

"I suppose so," nodded Kadaj. "Aeris! It's all right to come out now. We're ready."

Aeris came out of the submarine with Denzel and Marlene. They went to the truck right away. As soon as they were in and Destiny got into the vehicle, a helicopter appeared in the air. Kadaj looked up, still swinging his double sword around. The helicopter descended upon the ground and then Rufus Shinra stepped out of it.

"Rufus Shinra," said Kadaj, looking angry.

"Ah, it's good to see you too, Kadaj," said Rufus. "Well, at least ... at least now I'm free and able to speak to you."

"What do you mean?" asked Destiny, who had come out of the truck.

"Hojo used me as a mere 'test' for his Jenova cell experiment," said Rufus. "He only infected me with Jenova cells, so that his takeover of Shinra Inc could be ensured. I have come to help you."

"Help us? Get real, Shinra," said Kadaj.

"Real? We're all about business," said Rude.

Both Reno and Rude came out of the helicopter along with Tseng and Elena. "I have some additional help for your mission, Kadaj," said Rufus. "We want to help get rid of Sephiroth as well. Even if my father took over Shinra Inc, the Turks have remained loyal to only me and do not forget that Barret and Vincent escaped prison. I was wrong to imprison them in the first place. But when I found out about this, I suppose I was too late. All this time, I was being manipulated by Hojo. Please ... forgive me, Kadaj."

"He's right, Kadaj," said Destiny. "Allow me to find out. But I have a hunch he's right." She approached Rufus. "I'm not going to hurt you." She put her hands on his mind and had a vision of Hojo arriving at Shinra Inc and then infecting Rufus with Jenova cells. She instantly let go since the ordeal was traumatic. "He's right and I knew it. Gee ..."

"I am entrusting you with Reno and Rude," continued Rufus. "For now, Tseng and Elena will accompany me. We will be heading for somewhere safe. In the meantime, use Reno and Rude to your advantage. Farewell, Kadaj. I hope that we meet soon."

He got into the helicopter with Tseng and Elena. The helicopter went up into the air and headed away from both the continent where Kadaj was and the one where Shinra Inc was.

Reno and Rude approached Kadaj with fierce looks on their faces. "Ok, let's put aside our differences and get to work," said Reno. "Right, Rude?"

"Whatever," said Rude, nodding in agreement.

"Did something happen before you met me?" asked Destiny.

"Hey, I don't remember you being with him," said Reno. "Hey, how you doing?"

"It's Aeris!" said Rude.

"A-Aeris?" asked Reno.

"Yes, hi," said Aeris, smiling. "As you know, I'm alive as well."

As Rude just stood there and looked smart, Reno approached Aeris and scratched his hair. "Uh ... you know ... Tseng has a crush on you ..." he began. "And uh ... well ... you know ..."

"Reno," said Destiny. "This isn't the time. Tseng can tell her later. We gotta get to Corel Town first."

"Corel Town? Why there?" asked Reno.

"Because my daddy's gonna be there!" said Marlene.

"Daddy? Oh yeah ..." said Reno. "You mean ... Barret."

"None other," said Denzel.

"If it isn't Denzel," said Reno. "How've you been, kid?"

"Fine," grinned Denzel.

"Ok, less talk and more travelling," said Kadaj, interrupting this small talk. "We go to Corel Town right away and see what's going on there. My best bet is that his old friend called Dyne is gonna do something nasty."

"Oh yeah, I remember someone called Dyne many years ago," said Reno. "It was five years ago or something like that. Got an arm-gun, right? Well, let's go bust his head."

"You can talk," said Rude.

Reno and Rude joined Aeris, Destiny, Denzel and Marlene in the truck. In the meantime, Kadaj got on his motorbike. "Don't look back now," he said. "We get to Corel Town ... NOW!"

And then both vehicles sped off. Now back in Corel Town, Dyne was gaining the upper hand over Barret. He punched him to the ground. "Pathetic little punk!" yelled Dyne. "You're not fit enough to look after my little Marlene!"

"I am ... she's beautiful, Dyne ... you should see her ..." said Barret, whose lip was now bleeding. He shot Dyne and he went down. "I offered you for both of us to see her in Midgar ... but instead, you chose to fight me. And in turn, I ... I beat you ... and you committed suicide."

"True, but that's only because she is my biological daughter and I'm the REAL father!" yelled Dyne. "I deserve her! I thought she was dead ... but she's alive and I'll get her!"

"Dyne, you've gone mad," said Barret. "Please, Dyne ... don't do this ..."

Dyne grabbed Barret and then pushed him near to the edge of the cliff. "Remember this part, old buddy?" he sniggered. "Oh, but I do. I remember it all too well ..."

"STOP RIGHT THERE!" came a voice.

Kadaj sped down on his motorbike with his double sword being held in his right hand. He was way ahead of the others who were still in the truck. He swerved on the motorbike knocking some of the forces of SOLDIER down the valley. Kadaj jumped up into the air and slashed the remaining SOLDIER. His attention was turned to Dyne who now was about to throw Barret off the cliff.

"Don't do it, Dyne!" he yelled. "There's no point in this!"

"I want to see Marlene," said Dyne. "You give her to me now and I will spare his pathetic life!"

And then the truck arrived. Destiny jumped out of it and then touched her emerald necklace. The souls of the SOLDIER forces that had died returned to the Lifestream. Once that was done, Reno and Rude came out of the truck shutting the door. And then, Vincent jumped out of his hiding place. He pointed his gun at Dyne to his head. "Let it go, Dyne," he said. "Marlene is here. Do you want to see her face just the one time? Let Barret go and you can see her. She's in the truck right now. Get up slowly and make no sudden movements."

Aeris saw that Barret and Vincent were here as Kadaj had expected. So they are here. But will they see me as well? What will they say? What if ... what if Cloud had been with them? What would I say to him?

"All right, all right!" shouted Dyne as he walked away very slowly. He walked towards the truck.

"I guess we're on," said Denzel. "Are you going to let Marlene see Dyne, Aeris?"

"We can't break a promise," said Aeris, answering to his question. "Anyway, we have Reno and Rude with us now as well as Kadaj and Destiny. We can handle him even if he is a lost Lifestream soul like myself and Kadaj."

"Do I HAVE to see him?" asked Marlene.

"Please, Marlene," said Denzel. "Will you do it for me?"

"Ok then," she said. She got out of the truck and approached Dyne. For a moment, Dyne just stood there and smiled at her. He liked to see her face.

"You look just like your mother," he whispered.

Barret rose to his feet next to Vincent and glanced down at Kadaj. "I thought I'd never say this, but I never thought I'd be glad to see your silver-haired ass here!" he said.

"It's time to return to where you belong," said Destiny suddenly. "You had your moment."

"I know," said Dyne. "I finally got to see her." He turned to Barret. "Maybe you're right. Maybe Sephiroth just wanted to use me after all. I guess it's time I really did return to where I belong. At least I saw your face, Marlene."

Destiny approached Dyne and touched her emerald necklace. "I love you," was his last words as he faded away to return to the Lifestream. Marlene smiled.

"Who was that?" she asked Barret.

"Someone really important to the both of us," smiled Barret. "Well! If it ain't the Turks! Least I got my little girl back and ..." He saw that Denzel had also got out of the truck along with Aeris. "It can't be ..."

"Aeris," said Vincent. "So you have returned. Welcome back."

Aeris nodded. "Yes, it's good to see you again," she said. "But now, we need to get out of here."

"Agreed," said Kadaj. "Everyone, get on to the truck. Destiny, show us where you can make sure we're safe."

"With pleasure," said Destiny as she got everyone into the truck and Kadaj got on to the motorbike. "Ok! Here we go!"

The truck sped off. But before Kadaj left, he looked at the woman called Eleanor. "You ... really want Barret to father your child, don't you?" he asked.

"And I do," she smiled as she herself managed to return to the Lifestream alone. "Goodbye, Kadaj."

Kadaj smiled and then sped off to catch up with Destiny and the others.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
*Dies at the prospect of cookies and takes them right away*

Ok, guys. I haven't posted for a while due to exams, so I have a week off now and then I'm back in again next week. Next chapter is here. Enjoy!

Chapter 11: Mensikia

"Many people think about us, about the Mensiks," said Destiny. Vincent was convinced that she was more than human and had requested her to tell them more about the Mensiks. And so, she willingly did so. "The Mensiks are like guardians of the planet. When the calmity of the skies fell so long ago, we were scattered across the planet and forced to hide. We could not protect the Ancients. Jenova's power was ... wonderful and terrifying at the same time. Because she fell so long ago, all of these events have been taken into place."

"Events?" said Barret.

Destiny nodded at this. "Events such as your journey," she answered. "The rise of Sephiroth's power, discovery of the Ancients, Shinra taking the Mako energy, Aeris's death and Sephiroth's final defeat ... events like that have been caused by Jenova. For everyone to be completely normal, Jenova has to be killed. But it's almost impossible. No one has that power to stand up to her and get rid of her."

"So all of this carries on until Jenova is truly gone?" asked Vincent. "That's funny. But where do the Mensiks come into this. They're supposed to protect the planet and make it safe."

"Yes, but our main job is to maintain the Lifestream and support it with our power," said Destiny. "Now, every Mensik is in danger."

"And why is that?" asked Aeris.

"Because Sephiroth knows of their existence and he will do anything to get rid of them," said Destiny. She glanced at Kadaj, who was listening to this. But he did not show any signs of talking. "He'll kill everyone of us until he gets ultimate power of the Lifestream. Right now, my cousin is the guardian of the Lifestream. All that pain will be inflicted on him should the Lifestream suffer."

The truck and the bike Kadaj was on came across a small river near the Gold Saucer. "Hey, Kadaj," said Denzel. "Aren't you forgetting something?"

Kadaj looked at him and then realised. I almost forgot. I can't go now. We still need to be safe. He turned to Denzel and crossed his arms. "We can't do it now," he said. "We have to get to safety first. You understand right, Denzel?"

"Yeah ... I suppose," he said in a low unsatisfied voice.

"Well!" said Kadaj. "Destiny, lead the way. How far are we from this place?"

"It won't be far," said Destiny, replying to his question. "It needs a Mensik to enter this sacred place. And I'll get you there." She drove the truck and Kadaj followed at the side. In the meantime, they were being watched from above ...

"Hey, Loz," said Yazoo. "Isn't that Kadaj and that girlfriend of his?"

"Of course it is!" yelled Loz.

"Don't let them see us by you yelling!" whispered Yazoo angrily.

"S-Sorry," sighed Loz.

"So," said Yazoo. "Kadaj is there. He's protecting them. He's helping the group with that girlfriend of his."

"Sephiroth said she was different from them," said Loz.

Yazoo nodded in agreement. "You're right," he said. "Something is strange about her. She matched Sephiroth's power when they were in battle. It's rare I've seen such power against the Jenova cells we have." He took out his guns. "I think we should make an appearance."

"I say we give it sometime," said Loz.

"No!" hissed Yazoo angrily. "We obey the will of Mother and Sephiroth. We want to do them well and make them proud of us. Let's go now whilst we can!" He drove down the hill with Loz not far behind him.

"Destiny!" said Kadaj.

"I see them," said Destiny, nodding. "Someone! Quickly! Get behind the wheel!"

"Hell, I will!" said Barret, taking over the wheel. "Go and do what you gotta do!"

With a slight nod, Destiny jumped to the back of the truck and then jumped into the air on to Kadaj's motorbike. "Miss me?" she said and smiled, teasing him. "All right, we got company. You ready for this?"

"I was born for this," said Kadaj, as he drew his double sword and Destiny drew the duplicate Buster Sword.

Barret used his arm gun to shoot at Loz and Yazoo whilst driving with his other hand. Vincent did the same with his gun. Aeris offered them protection, whilst comforting Denzel and Marlene.

"Hello, brother," said Yazoo as he came closer to Kadaj.

In reaction to this, Kadaj knocked a gun out of Yazoo's hand. But once Loz clashed, the three motorbikes toppled over and all four warriors went tumbling to the ground.

"That ... was not good," said Loz.

"You're telling me?" smiled Destiny. "Come on, you wanted to gatecrash our party. Now you better start speaking or else we'll be fighting!"

"They don't want to fight," observed Kadaj.

"How do you know?" she asked.

"He is our brother," said Yazoo. "He knows our motives and our moves. So what will it be, Kadaj? Will it be eternal suffering with these weaklings? Or will it be a chance to be normal with us?"

"Sephiroth has the power to make us normal," said Loz.

"I hardly doubt that," said Destiny. "The only way you can be normal is to defeat Jenova and kill her!"

"How dare you speak like that about Mother!" yelled Loz.

"Yes! You even attempt to do it?" glared Yazoo.

"She isn't your Mother," said Kadaj. "She's not the person you believe her to be. Jenova is a monster and you know it." He turned to Destiny. "Can you handle these two with me?"

"Of course I can," she said. "I dealt with Sephiroth before and I have plenty of energy to throw away."

"See? She's different," said Yazoo. "Her energy flow is extroadinary. I must have it now."

"You have the Jenova cells," said Kadaj. "What could possibly be better than that anyway? You crave Jenova and call her Mother. Now you want her energy? You'd be calling her your Mother by now."

"Yazoo," said Loz. "Let's take them."

"I don't want to be mean to the little girl," said Yazoo.

"I'm not some mere girl, Yazoo," said Destiny. "I am more powerful than you could ever imagine. I could take on the pair of you."

"Are you sure?" asked Kadaj. "Cloud had problems with them two, including myself."

"Big brother's in prison now," taunted Yazoo. "Having a copy of his original weapon isn't going to make any difference."

But then Destiny had already gone for it. She knocked the other gun out of his hand with the duplicate Buster Sword and then jumped back to Kadaj. "And you were saying?" she said. "My power glows like the energy flows in me. You underestimate me."

"You must be more than human," observed Loz.

Yazoo picked both guns up and put them away. "We really came to warn you," he said.

"No," said Kadaj. "You came to pester us and try to scare us. It won't happen, Yazoo. I'm not coming to Sephiroth. Even if I have recovered, he won't bring me to your side. Tell him that there is a power greater than himself."

"What? You?" laughed Loz.

"We'll see who it is," said Kadaj. He turned to leave, but then stopped. He spun around and then his double sword had clashed with Loz's electrical arm.

"You are strong, brother," observed Loz. "You haven't lost your touch."

"A year in the Lifestream never affects us in any way," said Destiny.

The two let go and then Loz looked disappointed. "We know about the Mensiks," he said.

"Loz!" yelled Yazoo. "You were not meant to say that!" He kicked his leg and turned to Kadaj, smiling evilly. "And yes, we do know of their existence. We know you may seek their help. Sephiroth will kill them all once he knows where they live and dwell. Until then ... farewell, Kadaj."

Loz and Yazoo boarded their bikes leaving Kadaj and Destiny alone to wonder about their meeting with Sephiroth's two new servants. Destiny followed Kadaj to his bike and they set off looking for the truck.

"I'm sure they wanted to know more," said Kadaj.

"What do you mean?" asked Destiny.

"Like about you," said Kadaj. "They had plans on their minds. I'm sure Sephiroth wants to get a hold of you. He knows of the Mensiks, huh? Well, that's too bad. He won't know where they live or dwell. You know that, don't you?"

"Of course I do," said Destiny. "We're here."

The truck was just near them. Kadaj stopped his motorbike near to the truck and Barret looked impatient. "And how long have you two lovebirds been playing around for?" he said and groaned. "Did we miss all the action? And what are those two white haired bad guys after anyway?"

"Nothing," said Kadaj.

"Hey!" said Barret, shouting. "Just cos you're on our side don't mean that I trust ya. You may have saved Denzel and Marlene and other people, but I ain't gonna trust ya so quickly. Plus, you ain't giving any answers!"

"It really was nothing," said Destiny. She got behind the wheel of the truck. "And if we can now sit back and enjoy the show. You're about to find the hidden paradise on this planet."

"A better paradise than the Lifestream?" asked Aeris.

"It almost matches up to that paradise," she replied. "Hang on tight. You're gonna be in for the ride of your lives. Kadaj, I think it'd be best if you put your bike on the truck. Things are about to get nasty."

"What is?" asked Kadaj.

"Trust me!" said Destiny. "Just do it! You might get left behind and you can't enter this sacred place without me, as I am a Mensik. Now come on!"

Kadaj sighed and then put his bike on to the truck. The next thing everyone knew, they were in for the ride of their lives as Destiny had warned them about. The truck went at high speeds and kept on accelerating higher and higher until they came across a mountain wall. But Destiny kept on driving.

"A mountain wall?" yelled Barret. "Are you crazy, man?"

"Never am I crazier," said Destiny as she touched the green pearl around her neck. It glowed and Kadaj's eyes glowed as he looked into its shiny power. That power sent off a beam towards the mountain wall and a portal was opened. The truck went through the portal and closed behind them.

"What on earth ..." gasped Barret.

"So the legends are true," said Vincent.

"This is incredible," said Denzel.

"It's so ... beautiful," was what Marlene had to say.

"I've never felt such warmth before," said Aeris.

"It's ... paradise," whispered Kadaj.

"Welcome to Mensikia," said Destiny.

It was like any other paradise that existed on the planet. This was indeed a secret place that no one had ever seen before, apart from the Mensiks. The group were the first ones to set eyes on it. A temple resided in the middle. Around the temple, was a village. There were small huts and the landscape around that was awesome. A jungle was also here along with its waterfalls and trees and so on. This was a sight they would not forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back