• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KH 10th Anniversary Fan Selection Release Date & Boxart!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Awards
Re: KH 10th Anniversary Fan Selection Release Date & Boxart!

So much for a fan selection if that's the case, considering you can only choose 10 off the official site and it's been advertised as such :x

Damn, well the only other thing I can think of is that the songs that were chosen were long as hell, but I don't know of any KH songs THAT long. Maybe it's a single disc, and Amazon has it wrong, idk.

Oran

Awards

It's supposed to be simple :/
Plus I'm pretty sure there'll be more than 10 tracks. I think that's per disc.

Why do you think its meant to be simple you would think they would do something a little more eye grabbing for a 10th anniversary set.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

I thought there was something about there also being select songs included that were not part of the fan choosing? I can't really remember, so maybe I am getting it mixed up. Maybe there is a second disc with something extra we are unaware of?

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

Really?! $45 for tracks we already heard of. RIP OFF!!!

NOt to mention the boxart is terrible and unoriginal. SO not worth the money.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Really?! $45 for tracks we already heard of. RIP OFF!!!

If it were officially localized, the pricing would be adjusted more reasonably as opposed to Japan's prices.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Why do you think its meant to be simple you would think they would do something a little more eye grabbing for a 10th anniversary set.

Well, the art they are using is the Sora that is art from KH1 (where it all started) so I do understand why they went with that image of him. Sadly, that image of him was used in a smaller form on the KH1 OST (just KH1, not compilation) but I see why they used it, it is a nice image and as stated on the last page, perhaps they were going for simple and clean purely for the pun xP

I took that as you buying OSTs purely for the box lol xP

If it were officially localized, the pricing would be adjusted more reasonably as opposed to Japan's prices.

The price of the KH3D OST in Japan was ¥3,800 and had a lot more tracks than this (given the information we know, perhaps this one will have a lot more than 10). This one is prcied at ¥3,500 and even if it did have a lot of tracks on each disc, there is still 1 less disc than the KH3D one, IDK if that one disc is only worth ¥300. So I can see why people think this is badly priced, but at the same time keep in mind that what will be on this disc will be most of the best songs of the series on one disc, which is great for those who have yet to buy any OSTs and aren't into stealing money from SE.

Lvng

The official website has always listed it as two disks (see the 12cmCD2枚組), and it was simply that we were able to make 10 votes for the tracks that would appear, not that there would only be ten tracks. They don't say that they're only taking the top ten from the results, either. They could very well take the entire tracklist from the rankings (as implied by the title). The list on the website now is simply the top ten of the half-way results of the poll. The final list has not yet appeared, but it should soon. I don't think we've heard anything about whether or not the tracks are going to be retouched, but I certainly doubt they'll be expansive new arrangements. I would settle for them having each song end properly as opposed to looping and fading out.

Also, if I'm correct I believe Shimomura confirmed on her twitter something about "Dearly Beloved". My Japanese is still not so good, so someone else can confirm, but I think she said that 5 versions of it made it on the ranking o_o
If they all show up on the disks I will be quite happy, since I was disappointed that the original was the one who showed up on the mid-way ranking. In a perfect world, the ones that made it would be KH1, KH2, Days, BBS and DDD...

And as for the boxart, I have a feeling it's got some sort of sheen to it that simply doesn't show up on the raw image. You guys are too quick to judge.

Last edited:

kupo1121

Awards

And as for the boxart, I have a feeling it's got some sort of sheen to it that simply doesn't show up on the raw image. You guys are too quick to judge.

The boxart will definitely have some sheen to it as the KH Complete, 3D, and BbS/Days OSTs all had a little sheen too it, but people aren't talking about the sheen, they are referring to their dislike for the image itself on the cover, which will most likely look exactly how the photo represented in the first post looks. You are too quick to assume.

Lvng

Sorry, I took 'boxart' to mean the entire package. I also figured something like sheen would fall under the category of "a little more eye grabbing".

I also remember now that Shimomura had posted an image of the two mastered discs that she was to send in. I'm not sure how these things work, but would Square/Disney not already have the masters, allowing them to compile the set themselves? If so, is this evidence that there was some altering done to the tracks on Shimomura's part? (I'm probably just being too hopeful...)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

All the tracks have been rearranged by Shimomura. They're not recycling the old ones, if that's what you're referring to?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

All the tracks have been rearranged by Shimomura. They're not recycling the old ones, if that's what you're referring to?

I didn't realize she was rearranging the tracks. That'll be neat. Though, unless she's going to be extremely faithful to the original songs selected (which may or may not be pointless), I don't see a reason why they wouldn't just post one version of each song on the voting polls. In other words, what does it matter which Dearly Beloved ranked highest, if she's going to make a different rendition?

kupo1121

Awards

I didn't realize she was rearranging the tracks. That'll be neat. Though, unless she's going to be extremely faithful to the original songs selected (which may or may not be pointless), I don't see a reason why they wouldn't just post one version of each song on the voting polls. In other words, what does it matter which Dearly Beloved ranked highest, if she's going to make a different rendition?

Perhaps those 10 songs won't be rearranged, but if there are other songs on the CD that she chose personally, those will be rearranged. Depending on how different these rearrangements are, I might consider picking this one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back