• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH III Marluxia's Role Theory (Spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DemoAspect

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum so I don't really know how it works but I need to talk to more people about the lore of this game. My and my cousin have been doing a great amount of discussing and analyzing Marluxia ever since the D23 trailer came out. We came up with a pretty cool and semi-logical theory I wanted to share.

So in KHUX, it is assumed that Marluxia's human form is one of the Dandelions, "Laurium". Now we all know Ventus is "from" the time period of KHUX but does this altercation with the five new Union leaders really take place during that time? I know this may be a push, but I believe the meeting of the five new leaders may all be Ventus's dream as he is asleep in the Chamber of Waking.

If Ventus is from the fairy tale time (time of khux), then maybe he was brought to the current world by Xehanort by some sort of time travel, as we all know its a possibility. It is possible that he can regain memories from his past while is sleeping in Chamber of Waking. So assuming Ventus is dreaming of the meeting of the five new union leaders (he even has the same clothes on from his current sleeping body) his dreams may be enterable. From DDD we know that dreams can be entered. With this being said, maybe Marluxia entered Ventus's dream which may be why he appears in KHUX as the fifth member.

Strelitzia was meant to be the fifth member, but maybe when Marluxia entered the dream realm he was aware of this and killed Strelitzia in order to communicate and meet with Ventus. Again, another push, but when Strelitzia is laying on the ground after her attack, her hair ties symbol "XI" which is Marluxia's number in the organization (Nomura stated nothing in KH is a coincidence).

Now of course this makes him a "bad" guy is he is responsible for the death of Strelitzia, but I do not think he has bad intentions. I have a feeling Marluxia knew that Xemnas was looking for Ventus in Castle Oblivion and he somehow managed to get into Ventus's dream as "Laurium" to warn him of Xehanort and his intentions. Marluxia even has BLUE eyes in the D23 trailer, signifying he is not one of the 13 Seekers of Darkness. So maybe, he will assist in the finding/waking of Ventus. Also in his "death" scene he appears to reach to Sora as he dies as if he was reaching for Ventus (this is a push but thought it was cool).

I know that the events of KHUX actually happened with the foretellers and Luxu, but I believed the gathering of the five new union leaders is Ventus's dream, which explains why Maleficent and Pete are able to go to the world of KHUX, they may have entered Ventus's dream realm by whatever means. And as for why Marluxia is still alive, the same reason why Lea, Ienzo, and the some of the other members are still alive. Ultimately, I think he will end of being a good character going against the 13 Seekers of Darkness by the end of KHIII. At the end of the day it is Kingdom Hearts and ANYTHING can happened so I wanted to share this. I welcome and discussion, agreements, or objections!

Last edited:

chenoehii

Awards
Hey everyone, I am new to the forum so I don't really know how it works but I need to talk to more people about the lore of this game. My and my cousin have been doing a great amount of discussing and analyzing Marluxia ever since the D23 trailer came out. We came up with a pretty cool and semi-logical theory I wanted to share. So in KHUX, it is assumed that Marluxia's human form is one of the Dandelions, "Laurium". Now we all know Ventus is "from" the time period of KHUX but does this altercation with the five new Union leaders really take place during that time? I know this may be a push but the meeting of the five new leaders may all be Ventus's dream as he is asleep in the Chamber of Waking. If Ventus is from the fairy tale time (time of khux), then maybe he was brought to the current world by Xehanort by some sort of time travel, as we all know its a possibility. It is possible that he can regain memories from his past while is sleeping in Chamber of Waking. So assuming Ventus is dreaming of the meeting of the five new union leaders (he even has the same clothes on from his current sleeping body) his dreams may be enterable. From DDD we know that dreams can be entered. With this being said, maybe Marluxia entered Ventus's dream which may be why he appears in KHUX as the fifth member. Strelitzia was meant to be the fifth member, but maybe when Marluxia entered the dream realm he was aware of this and killed Strelitzia in order to communicate and meet with Ventus. Again, another push, but when Strelitzia is laying on the ground after her attack, her hair ties symbol "XI" which is Marluxia's number in the organization. Now of course this makes him a "bad" guy is he is responsible for the death of Strelitzia, but I do not think he has bad intentions. I have a feeling Marluxia knew that Xemnas was looking for Ventus in Castle Oblivion and he somehow managed to get into Ventus's dream as "Laurium" to warn him of Xehanort and his intentions. Marluxia even has BLUE eyes in the D23 trailer, signifying he is not one of the 13 Seekers of Darkness. So maybe, he will assist in the finding/waking of Ventus. Also in his death scene he appears to reach to Sora as he dies as if he was reaching for Ventus (this is a push but thought it was cool). I know that the events of KHUX actually happened with the foretellers and Luxu but I believed the gathering of the five new union leaders is Ventus's dream, which explains why Maleficent and Pete are able to go to the world of KHUX, they may have entered Ventus's dream realm by whatever means. And as for why Marluxia is still alive, the same reason why Lea, Ienzo, and the some of the other members are still alive. Ultimately, I think he will end of being a good character going against the 13 Seekers of Darkness by the end of KHIII. At the end of the day it is Kingdom Hearts and ANYTHING can happened so I wanted to share this. I welcome and discussion, agreements, or objections!

*sorry I don't have time to comment on the whole thing*

But I think what the trailer suggests is that this is actually Marluxia, so he's not the reborn Lauriam, which is why he can control the nobodies. Apparently in COM Sora and Co weren't sure if he was gone and decided to lock the room he was in (or something like that.) So I don't think he's complete like Lea. I definitely don't think he's a SoD because of the eyes, that would be a pretty big departure of everything this game has told us. Xehanort eyes = bad guy connected to Xehanort or simply a being of darkness (Vanitas).

Edit: and welcome! Hi :biggrin:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think Marluxia will be an antagonistic force, seeing how we have to fight the Nobodies he commands. However, he could evolve into an “enemy of my enemy is my friend” scenario. We also don’t know why he and Larxene wanted to overthrow the original Organization. Maybe Lauriam learns something from the Book of Prophecies that leads him to move forward in time, infiltrate the organization, and stop Xemnas any means necessary. I’m just spitballing, but who knows?

DemoAspect

I think Marluxia will be an antagonistic force, seeing how we have to fight the Nobodies he commands. However, he could evolve into an “enemy of my enemy is my friend” scenario. We also don’t know why he and Larxene wanted to overthrow the original Organization. Maybe Lauriam learns something from the Book of Prophecies that leads him to move forward in time, infiltrate the organization, and stop Xemnas any means necessary. I’m just spitballing, but who knows?

That is a valid point, he does control the nobodies enemies we have to fight. But in the trailer when he said he serves the "only" organization, I could only think of two things: Either he is indeed himself Marluxia and may try to bring back the "Castle Oblivion Gang" I'll call it, with Larxene, Vexen, etc, with himself being the leader (his original plan in COM), or in fact he's referring of the Organization being the five new dandelions with Brain, Ephemer, Sculd, and Ventus, due to memories of his time as "Lauriam" or his own memories if my theory hold true.

mouflon

Awards
Dang, I really, really like this idea. Possibly one of the only times the “it was all a dream” (sort of) cliché would actually be interesting and important. It would potentially make him killing Strelitzia seems a bit less of a BS move (on the writers' half, not Lauriam's) if there were some grander plan behind it all (whilst also raising the question of; what really happened to Strelitzia? Potential post-III and/or future KHUX plot point?)

If true, it would also have the potential to go either way. Marluxia/Lauriam might be contacting Ven in order to warn/save him, or he may be approaching him for his own agenda. I know some are concerned that Marluxia being another villainous party alongside the ‘Norts and Maleficent and whoever else could overcrowd KHIII, but it’s not impossible.

The possibility of Marluxia being an ally (or even a neutral party) does remind me of people joking re the revelations in 3D; that Marluxia was aware of the “true plan” all along and was trying to overthrow the Org in order to save its members from Xehanort. Certainly would be a more interesting spin on the character than what we have now. I like Marluxia, but let’s face it, he’s pretty much got the depth of cardboard right now.

I’m also just spit balling. I love thinking about/getting carried away with stuff like this...

DemoAspect

I’m also just spit balling. I love thinking about/getting carried away with stuff like this...

I absolutely love getting carried away as well hahaha. Nomura has created analyzer fans like never before with this series.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Hate to intrude but the subs for that trailer were wonky. Marluxia was just saying "I'm Marluxia of the True Organziation XIII." He didn't use "only". Original dialogue has him saying "Shin Juusan Kinkan" which is basically True Organization XIII. Granted "shin" could also mean "new" since Sora also used it. It was basically a play on words for that scene with Sora saying if Marluxia was with the "New" Organization XIII while Marluxia corrects him by saying he's from the "True" Organization XIII which implies he knows the original Organization/"Moto Juusan Kinkan"(which Sora calls out with this phrase when the trailer opens up) was a fake. Young Xehanort also refers to their group as True Organization XIII with the same wording as Marluxia.

Why Marluxia's eyes aren't yellow could be due to Nortification being at it's early stages with him as we don't really know how fast the changes begin to show since we didn't see the exact moment Braig and Isa were Norted. Nortification changes could vary from person to person. Terra's changes happened immediately simply because Xehanort shot his whole heart inside of him which transformed him to yellow eyes and white hair since Terra was going to be Xehanort's prime vessel. Braig/Xigbar nor Isa/Saix show signs of white hair yet well at least Xigbar doesn't have full white hair yet. Nomura has also said in a DDD interview that the process to becoming a full Xehanort clone were gradual since they were all going to become Xehanort in the end.

So in conclusion, Marluxia could be at the early stages since as Nomura has also stated in the past, he and the other missing former Org. members could have been picked up by Young Xehanort and crew some time during DDD like how he said YX and crew picked up Braig and Isa(which we see in 2.5 secret ending). I'm sure later on in the game as it goes on Marluxia will begin to show the signs of a nort with yellow eyes and such.

DemoAspect

Hate to intrude but the subs for that trailer were wonky. Marluxia was just saying "I'm Marluxia of the True Organziation XIII." He didn't use "only". Original dialogue has him saying "Shin Juusan Kinkan" which is basically True Organization XIII. Granted "shin" could also mean "new" since Sora also used it. It was basically a play on words for that scene with Sora saying if Marluxia was with the "New" Organization XIII while Marluxia corrects him by saying he's from the "True" Organization XIII which implies he knows the original Organization/"Moto Juusan Kinkan"(which Sora calls out with this phrase when the trailer opens up) was a fake. Young Xehanort also refers to their group as True Organization XIII with the same wording as Marluxia.

Why Marluxia's eyes aren't yellow could be due to Nortification being at it's early stages with him as we don't really know how fast the changes begin to show since we didn't see the exact moment Braig and Isa were Norted. Nortification changes could vary from person to person. Terra's changes happened immediately simply because Xehanort shot his whole heart inside of him which transformed him to yellow eyes and white hair since Terra was going to be Xehanort's prime vessel. Braig/Xigbar nor Isa/Saix show signs of white hair yet well at least Xigbar doesn't have full white hair yet. Nomura has also said in a DDD interview that the process to becoming a full Xehanort clone were gradual since they were all going to become Xehanort in the end.

So in conclusion, Marluxia could be at the early stages since as Nomura has also stated in the past, he and the other missing former Org. members could have been picked up by Young Xehanort and crew some time during DDD like how he said YX and crew picked up Braig and Isa(which we see in 2.5 secret ending). I'm sure later on in the game as it goes on Marluxia will begin to show the signs of a nort with yellow eyes and such.

Fair points, it is up in the air, but I still believe he is a mystery at this point with the given information.

Nevbix

Hate to intrude but the subs for that trailer were wonky. Marluxia was just saying "I'm Marluxia of the True Organziation XIII." He didn't use "only". Original dialogue has him saying "Shin Juusan Kinkan" which is basically True Organization XIII. Granted "shin" could also mean "new" since Sora also used it.

But at the same time, we know that it's always possible that the translations will change the context. They've done this previously, with Kingdom Hearts 2's ending. When Kairi is giving her final letter speech, they changed some of the context in the translation. Perhaps the English version of this is slightly altered, and the translation of the subtitles was the translation that they're going to use in the final English version of the game?

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Fair points, it is up in the air, but I still believe he is a mystery at this point with the given information.

It's not really up in the air. Him being a member of True Organization XIII is confirmed by him. Whether he has ulterior motives beyond just Xehanort is what's up in the air at the moment.

But at the same time, we know that it's always possible that the translations will change the context. They've done this previously, with Kingdom Hearts 2's ending. When Kairi is giving her final letter speech, they changed some of the context in the translation. Perhaps the English version of this is slightly altered, and the translation of the subtitles was the translation that they're going to use in the final English version of the game?

Could be but the original context is what matters and what the original context has Marluxia introducing himself as a member of True Organization XIII not "The only Organization. Which I Marluxia serve." I mean even then all it really says in context or what it looks like to me is that he's simply correcting Sora in both dialogues original and subbed when Sora said "new".

DraceEmpressa

Awards

tbh the translation is kinda busted too on the scene where Vanitas reach out to Sora the english sub says "insignificant speck" when the jap dub says "remnants of my heart".

It's actually kind of greenish in the lower part of his eyes if you zoom in. So maybe he was already norted. Braig was Norted during BbS playthrough-sometime after his fight with Terra and when he shows up in Keyblade Graveyard. When he fights Terra his eyes are brown and his ears are normal. When he showed up in Keyblade Graveyard his eyes already fully yellow and his ears are pointy.

Sora also has green tints in his eyes in the newest trailer, but maybe because of Ventus, not Xehanort. When talking to both Marluxia and Vanitas-who both are related to Ventus, his eyes have some green tints, but is completely blue in other scenes.

ok sunny

Awards
What if Marluxia's intentions are just based off of what the book of prophesies says?

I don't really have any evidence to back this up but he could just be against Xehanort for whatever reason. It could be as if he is somehow supposed to foil the 'Nort according to the book. Or he could just be going completely against it for whatever reason and has his own private motives, similarly to Maleficent. Hell, he could just be an anti-hero of sorts.

I'm just coming up with stuff, anyway. I don't really care one way or another if he is with Xehanort or not.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
What if Marluxia's intentions are just based off of what the book of prophesies says?

I don't really have any evidence to back this up but he could just be against Xehanort for whatever reason. It could be as if he is somehow supposed to foil the 'Nort according to the book. Or he could just be going completely against it for whatever reason and has his own private motives, similarly to Maleficent. Hell, he could just be an anti-hero of sorts.

I'm just coming up with stuff, anyway. I don't really care one way or another if he is with Xehanort or not.

In the KH3 trailer where Marluxia introduced himself he put his hand on his chest, like when Lauriam introduced himself to the dandelions. You may think that's a character gesture of his but nope. in back cover that gesture comes up several times , when
1: Invi leaves Ira
2: The Master in Invi's flashback.
3: Ava when she gives her speech on the fountain plaza
4: Luxu when he's alone in the wasteland

Notice that in all these four scenes they all said the similar line.

"May your/my heart be your/my guiding key." taught by the Master.

That is true when Aqua and Mickey said it they didn't do the gesture, must be a UX thing. and Aced... he's in the middle of a fight, duh. Anyway, the point is that perhaps during the two scenes Marluxia/Lauriam is telling himself "May my heart be my guiding key" telling himself he's doing the right thing, is actually feeling doubt in those scenes, and working for the Master all along. I wouldn't be surprised if KH3 ends with the same scene as Back Cover, but with Marluxia/Lauriam instead of Luxu, dragging the box and the No Name somewhere else.

The Master told Luxu to pick and apprentice and passed down No Name. Which the Keyblade is meant to be passed down and has been in Xehanort's hand for too long, and the Master didn't like that. Perhaps Marluxia/Lauriam's task is simple, take No Name from Xehanort and give it to someone else that can see more interesting future. And if they refused to pass it, he had to make them pass it by force. Again and again....

Perhaps he was too focused on getting a keyblade because, being a keykid was an important part of his self and without a keyblade, he feels incomplete like a Nobody and Vanitas would, but now he can wield a keyblade again (if he's recompleted), he can focus on his task of watching No Name again.

ebenbork

Awards
I should really quote the members who I'm referencing but it's difficult to on mobile phone for me.

First off the comment about Marluxia overthrowing the True Org 13 is something I've been talking about since we found out about the True Org.

2nd off I'm thinking that his eyes being blue supports this SOOOO much because at the time of 3Ds ending, Xehanort says Sora was the last piece of the puzzle and unity was not achieved when Sora was saved. Am I wrong to assume the other 12 were Norted at that point in time??

Lastly I think the True Org is actually the Unions or at least the dandelions. I have a TON to back that up but in reality I'm on the opinion that the MoM is evil and the foretellers are blind followers. Which again I believe I have enough evidence to make me believe that.

But as we all know, every single one of us could be so wrong xDD

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I think Marluxia will be an antagonistic force, seeing how we have to fight the Nobodies he commands. However, he could evolve into an “enemy of my enemy is my friend” scenario. We also don’t know why he and Larxene wanted to overthrow the original Organization. Maybe Lauriam learns something from the Book of Prophecies that leads him to move forward in time, infiltrate the organization, and stop Xemnas by any means necessary. I’m just spitballing, but who knows?
Marluxia and Larxene probably found out that Xemnas wanted to use them as vessels for his own gain. So, they likely betrayed the Organization because they couldn't tolerate being Xehanort clones. That might be some sort of clue as to what MX gave during his face off with Riku and Mickey when rescuing Sora.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
I should really quote the members who I'm referencing but it's difficult to on mobile phone for me.

First off the comment about Marluxia overthrowing the True Org 13 is something I've been talking about since we found out about the True Org.

2nd off I'm thinking that his eyes being blue supports this SOOOO much because at the time of 3Ds ending, Xehanort says Sora was the last piece of the puzzle and unity was not achieved when Sora was saved. Am I wrong to assume the other 12 were Norted at that point in time??

Lastly I think the True Org is actually the Unions or at least the dandelions. I have a TON to back that up but in reality I'm on the opinion that the MoM is evil and the foretellers are blind followers. Which again I believe I have enough evidence to make me believe that.

But as we all know, every single one of us could be so wrong xDD

Marluxia literally says he's a member of True Organization XIII. That has absolutely nothing to do with the Dandelions who aren't 13 in number at all. Only Xehanort's group is known as True Organization XIII.

There's theory crafting and there's ignoring dialogue from said person to support some theory based on nothing. Not trying to sound rude but it's mind bogglimg how some think the True Organization XIII(Xehanort's group) is Dandelions. Seems more like some people just don't want to accept that Marluxia is playing on Xehanort's team at least in the meantime.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
It's the "moto" part that has me questioning the meaning of this scene. Translating it as "has-beens" is kinda clever but it makes it sound like Marluxia is responding to Sora's taunt, whereas in Japanese it sounds to me more like he genuinely doesn't understand what Sora means by "moto." "Zuibun" indicates a level of surprise or consternation, so it sounds like he doesn't "get" that Sora is referring to a past version of a new construct, which makes sense if we read Sora's "Shin (新) Juusan Kikan" as "New Organization Thirteen" and that makes Marluxia's correction to "Shin (秦)" as in "true" more close to the English reading of that term as "singular/only" rather than "accurate/exact." In other words it sounds like Marluxia is saying, "The 'true' Organization, i.e. the only one that has ever existed." It just seems strange to me to highlight this back and forth if they're both talking about the same thing, but maybe it's just a long-winded way for Marluxia to get around to reintroducing himself to Sora and I'm overthinking it lol.

As for the theory, I haven't been following Ux so I dunno much about how Lauriam is involved in the plot of it, but I get the feeling this Marluxia is actually Marluxia and not Lauriam (just a gut feeling, could definitely be wrong). Good thinking drawing on his connection to Ven, though. That does give him relevance beyond either the new or the old Organization and might inform more about his past behavior and what we can expect from him in KH3, so it's definitely worth keeping in mind. If he did actually find the Chamber of Waking, or even figured out what/who was inside of it, that might explain his decision to take over the Organization (and gives added context to positioning himself as the leader of the CO team): if Ven is, say, the key to the rest of the Dandelions, that might be related to Marluxia's ultimate goal, and he might have needed to prevent Xehanort from getting to him. Which might give him reason to assist Sora in KH3, if waking Ven up advances his interests and frustrates MX.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
It's the "moto" part that has me questioning the meaning of this scene. Translating it as "has-beens" is kinda clever but it makes it sound like Marluxia is responding to Sora's taunt, whereas in Japanese it sounds to me more like he genuinely doesn't understand what Sora means by "moto." "Zuibun" indicates a level of surprise or consternation, so it sounds like he doesn't "get" that Sora is referring to a past version of a new construct, which makes sense if we read Sora's "Shin (新) Juusan Kikan" as "New Organization Thirteen" and that makes Marluxia's correction to "Shin (秦)" as in "true" more close to the English reading of that term as "singular/only" rather than "accurate/exact." In other words it sounds like Marluxia is saying, "The 'true' Organization, i.e. the only one that has ever existed." It just seems strange to me to highlight this back and forth if they're both talking about the same thing, but maybe it's just a long-winded way for Marluxia to get around to reintroducing himself to Sora and I'm overthinking it lol.

As for the theory, I haven't been following Ux so I dunno much about how Lauriam is involved in the plot of it, but I get the feeling this Marluxia is actually Marluxia and not Lauriam (just a gut feeling, could definitely be wrong). Good thinking drawing on his connection to Ven, though. That does give him relevance beyond either the new or the old Organization and might inform more about his past behavior and what we can expect from him in KH3, so it's definitely worth keeping in mind. If he did actually find the Chamber of Waking, or even figured out what/who was inside of it, that might explain his decision to take over the Organization (and gives added context to positioning himself as the leader of the CO team): if Ven is, say, the key to the rest of the Dandelions, that might be related to Marluxia's ultimate goal, and he might have needed to prevent Xehanort from getting to him. Which might give him reason to assist Sora in KH3, if waking Ven up advances his interests and frustrates MX.
I just wonder if Sora and Marluxia actually are talking about the same type of Organization since Marluxia might not even know about Master Xehanort and his new organization. I could be far reaching since some time has passed since Marluxia's defeat. He might not even know that his incarnation of the Organization XIII was defeated and think that the Organization in which he served is the "true" Organization XIII.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I just wonder if Sora and Marluxia actually are talking about the same type of Organization since Marluxia might not even know about Master Xehanort and his new organization. I could be far reaching since some time has passed since Marluxia's defeat. He might not even know that his incarnation of the Organization XIII was defeated and think that the Organization in which he served is the "true" Organization XIII.
Yeah, we don't really know what Marluxia's been up to.

I have considered a reason MX might want Marluxia on his new Organization despite his traitorous behavior in the past, though-- and it would be to do exactly what he appears to be doing in the trailer. Nudge Sora closer to reviving his memories of Castle Oblivion. Up until now it wasn't clear what Sora did and did not remember, but it's clear from this new trailer that there's a lot (if not the majority) which he doesn't recall. If MX is still aiming to capture Sora as a darkness, the best way to do that is to destabilize his heart: when Namine pieced the chains of Sora's memories back together, not only was the process itself precarious and apparently somewhat volatile, but it ran into all kinds of unexpected complications with the special nature of Roxas's existence, Xion siphoning memories, etc. There are a lot of potential areas of vulnerability or weak links in the chains there for MX to possibly exploit using characters like Marluxia or Larxene, who can reopen that old wound by forcing his memories of Castle Oblivion back out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back