• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH III Marluxia's Role Theory (Spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I feel like the Realm of Sleep would explain Ventus not aging, but Marluxia's presence in the Tangled world brought the possibility that Lauriam's survived this long through a completely different method.

Think about it. His elemental abilities are centered around flowers. He appears to Sora in a world based on Tangled, where Rapunzel's hair can restore someone's youth, and the ability originated with a flower. See where I'm going with this? I think that Marluxia is going to be working with Gothel, but not in a way where he replaces the Stabbington brothers. Depending on how long ago the Keyblade War was, Marluxia may have been doing the whole "sing to the flower to stay young" thing since before Gothel was born, and may even have been the one to teach her the song himself.

As for why Marluxia would take the slow path instead of spending centuries in the realm of sleep like Ventus might have been doing before Xehanort found him, I just had another about that. Here's what might have happened: something happens that forces the Dandelions to go into the Realm of Sleep. But they need someone outside, awake in order to pull them out again when the time is right, and Lauriam was given that job.

Man, I wish I seen this earlier but this is a genius theory. This is a smart means of better integrating the Disney properties in Kingdom Hearts with the original lore of the series.

Though I do have one question regarding this, how does Lauriam get involved with Organization XIII throughout all this (assuming that Marluxia is indeed Lauriam's Nobody)?

ImVentus

Awards
Sadly (time travel) could be involved for him to be back, but I would just loathe if they are gonna go even further into the time traveling in KH3. Yet what really happens to person once it's nobody is fading to darkness? We all saw Axel come back as Lea and so many others did the same.

I really hope that Marluxia won't just be killed off in KH3.

KeybladeOrder

Awards
Man, I wish I seen this earlier but this is a genius theory. This is a smart means of better integrating the Disney properties in Kingdom Hearts with the original lore of the series.

Though I do have one question regarding this, how does Lauriam get involved with Organization XIII throughout all this (assuming that Marluxia is indeed Lauriam's Nobody)?

Right now my working theory is that Marluxia recognized the Recuscant Sigil in the naming scheme for what it was when he was first recruited, and stuck around to spy on Xemnas, figure out his true goal, and do whatever he had to do in order to thwart Xehanort's plans.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Sadly (time travel) could be involved for him to be back, but I would just loathe if they are gonna go even further into the time traveling in KH3. Yet what really happens to person once it's nobody is fading to darkness? We all saw Axel come back as Lea and so many others did the same.

I really hope that Marluxia won't just be killed off in KH3.
I wonder if Marluxia will try to get Roxas involved. Nobodies don't age. So, if Laurium became a Nobody some time after the events of Union X, it's possible that he's spent centuries as a Nobody, never aging and just wondering from world to world. He probably heard something about Organization XIII and for reasons unclear to us joined.

Empress Mitsuru

I wonder if Marluxia will try to get Roxas involved. Nobodies don't age. So, if Laurium became a Nobody some time after the events of Union X, it's possible that he's spent centuries as a Nobody, never aging and just wondering from world to world. He probably heard something about Organization XIII and for reasons unclear to us joined.

Is it actually confirmed that nobodies don't age? Nomura's apparently switched back and forth on the subject. One thing that muddies the water is Xemnas is confirmed to be about 30, but Terranort split into him and Ansem SOD about a year after his arrival on Radiant Garden and turned the apprentices (Ienzo included) beforehand. Also we clearly see in said flashback that Ienzo was still a kid at the time, but following his revival he's aged up to a teen. So he clearly aged as a Nobody.

Hirokey123

Awards
Nomura's never switched back and forth on that subject. He said Nobodies don't age but he also said Roxas and Namine were special Nobodies and had a "feeling" that Xemnas was a special Nobody too (now we know why he said that hindsight 20/20) aka Xemnas aged because he was special.

That being said Lauriam looks to be about 10-15 years younger than Marluxia which makes perfect sense. Remember Ventus would look MUCH older and closer to Marlxuia's present day age if he had been allowed to age normally instead of put into body time stasis. Lauriam and Ventus likely arrived in this world at the same time just a few years at best before BBS and then Lauriam would age normally for the next 12 years while Ventus wouldn't resulting in Ventus still being a child.

Ienzo looks like a little kid yes...well not really Ienzo was 13 at his earliest but given his face closer to age 14 or 15 (his model is extremely similar to Kairi's in terms of height and has KH1's Riku facial structure). Except when he comes back he is in a totally different outfit that fits him perfectly meaning that is what he was wearing before he became a Nobody. In short what you see in that scene is a result of Osaka as usual being to lazy to show proper aging, they just ported the BBS models of the apprentices to use for those few seconds and once they made an older Ienzo model they never bothered to go back and update it. Much like how 4 years pass for TAV before we play as them and they don't age at ALL visually, looking the same in those 4 year flashbacks in an extremely jarring way. Because Osaka is just...really lazy when it comes to details like that.

Empress Mitsuru

There was no reason for them to use Ienzo's BBS model, they could have easily used his DDD model.. And don't forget the confirmation that Xemnas is about 30, even though he only came into being about a year after BBS.

ImVentus

Awards
Ienzo looks like a little kid yes...well not really Ienzo was 13 at his earliest but given his face closer to age 14 or 15 (his model is extremely similar to Kairi's in terms of height and has KH1's Riku facial structure). Except when he comes back he is in a totally different outfit that fits him perfectly meaning that is what he was wearing before he became a Nobody. In short what you see in that scene is a result of Osaka as usual being to lazy to show proper aging, they just ported the BBS models of the apprentices to use for those few seconds and once they made an older Ienzo model they never bothered to go back and update it. Much like how 4 years pass for TAV before we play as them and they don't age at ALL visually, looking the same in those 4 year flashbacks in an extremely jarring way. Because Osaka is just...really lazy when it comes to details like that.

That also explains why most of the habitants in Radiant Garden called Ven a child. I always believed Ven was 15 and Ienzo maybe 13. I just don't see Ienzo being younger than 11. Then again in RCOM Zexion does look like he's a young adult.

Yeah that flashback does feel jarring, just too much laziness to make younger versions.

Empress Mitsuru

That also explains why most of the habitants in Radiant Garden called Ven a child. I always believed Ven was 15 and Ienzo maybe 13. I just don't see Ienzo being younger than 11. Then again in RCOM Zexion does look like he's a young adult.

Yeah that flashback does feel jarring, just too much laziness to make younger versions.
I've always thought Zexion was in his late teens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back