• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH vs. KH2 in feel

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

griever

I am of the opinion that for several reasons (not just that in KH1 the main bosses are all disney characters), that Kingdom Hearts one has much more of a disney feel to it, while KH2 has much more of a final fantasy feel.

I say this based on a few things, for one the story of KH2 took a slightly more serious, darker tone from KH1.

For two, Sora's design went a lot more towards "Kool teen" from "Innocent kid on a mission"

For three: The battles, Sora's battle style (as in the way he actually uses his keyblade) is a lot more anime style in KH2.

I was wondering if anyone else noticed this, or got the same feeling, but I'm also interested to know any other distinct differences you noticed between KH1 and 2 (aside from the blatanly obvious, like drives etc.)

Last edited:

ifly

Awards
You are right.Kh2 is more ''mature'' than Kh1 (although Sora started singing and dancing in kh2 Atlantica) The fight become more serious such as Sora himself.But thats not bad in my opinion. ;D

Rix

:)
Awards
i like the feel in KH1 better and I honestly can't see why KH2 is sooo much more mature than KH1 like everyone says.. Only thing is that Sora and co got a better and more mature design and maybe that there are more original characters that's important to the main storyline, but other than that I don't feel that KH2 is more mature than the first one.

Txamt

I sort of like KH1 because it seems like it had hard work from Squeenix in it like how in Halloween Town gives off more spooky vibes like fog on the screen and the monsters in there gets altered a little like Shadows would be more grainy, Search Ghosts more dull colors, and etc.
Meanwhile in KH2, it's just ... plain to be frankly. There's nothing "spooky" at the beginning. No fog on the screen or somewhat.

I would give more but I will just stick with one example.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
I am of the opinion that for several reasons (not just that in KH1 the main bosses are all disney characters), that Kingdom Hearts one has much more of a disney feel to it, while KH2 has much more of a final fantasy feel.

Wut?

You noticed only now? D:

Lol, to put it simple:

Kingdom Hearts 1: Disney part of the game > Final Fantasy part of the game

Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Fantasy-and-original characters/plot-that-look-like-they-jumped-out-directly-of-an-FF-game > Disney part of the game

Akans

「moriya」
Lol....

But KH1 was more of a "fun child game", while KH2 really focused more on story... the platforming and maps in KH2 were really dissapointing, but the battle was much better. I loved how Sora could stay in the air for 25 attacks or so...

But then again, KH1 was more realistic.... a kid dragged from his island home cant really do anime-style flips and fancy attacks.

But then again, the whole freaking game was unrealistic XD

lux_crusader

People only prefer KH1 based on nostalgia. KH2 had plenty of Disney villians, and their insignificance comes from their role in the story, they are a broken army that Maleficent and Pete are going around trying to restore. Maleficent, Pete, Jafar, Oogie Boogie, Barbossa, Scar, that mongolian guy, Sark, Hades, I just can't stand how people will tell me that KH2 had no disney in it. Sure, Organization XIII were the main villians in the end, but Xehanort was the main villian in the end of KH1. And the Organization were actually supporting the Disney villians to create more heartless for Sora to destroy. I mean, they're the ones who revived Maleficent.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
You can feel a little bit of the difference between the two games.
KH2 does have it's work of adding more Final Fantasy characters into the storyline, but not as much as the Disney they also added.
Most of the FF was in Hollow Bastion (except for Auron) while there was still Disney spread out.

The storyline had to get darker eventually.

For two, Sora's design went a lot more towards "Kool teen" from "Innocent kid on a mission"

lol Kool teen, to me, Sora didn't look that innocent.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
i prefer kingdom hearts one and chain of memories over kingdom hearts ii...

Last edited:

septiroth99

somewhere in the dark...hitting menos grandes!
well, the storyline is a bit better in kh2 and sora fights a lot better. you can see he controles the keyblade better. and he knows what he's doing.

for the FF feeling, in kh2 it is better. they all use the good outfit (squall' FF7 outfit, cloud, tifa and yuffie's advent children outfit).

and the game gets darker every time. but i don't think it's getting more draker. couse it stays a childs game (although mature people play it as well)...

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
well, the storyline is a bit better in kh2 and sora fights a lot better. you can see he controles the keyblade better. and he knows what he's doing.

for the FF feeling, in kh2 it is better. they all use the good outfit (squall' FF7 outfit, cloud, tifa and yuffie's advent children outfit).

and the game gets darker every time. but i don't think it's getting more draker. couse it stays a childs game (although mature people play it as well)...

really ? i don't see that. >.> because most of the disney characters felt like they were just putted there for no reason but more as a filler. i don't think sora handles the keyblade very well opposed to kingdom hearts one. it looks very loose the way he handles it and it makes him look like he's flying. making it seem like the keyblade is mostly doing the work for him than his normal strength.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
The first Kingdom Hearts gave off a better feeling, it made you feel like you were actually playing the game for a cause. Kingdom Hearts II feels like you're just running around killing people for fun, and it seems alot easier.

Like the first time I had the second battle with Riku, I played my heart out. When I play KH2 I just win and feel like I don't need to give any effort at all.

BTW, Riku's battles were always the best.

A

Anima Relic

KH1 was better than KH2, KH2 never gave a Final Fantasy feel to me, because last time I checked none of the Final Fantasy games were button mashers, though Dissidia might change that :glare:

FINALDISNEY

Kagemane no Jutsu
i like kh2 better i can play it over and over again(73times). also i love anime sword play so i call the flashy moves a plus+. although i liked both story wise but kh1 more(felt more disney-esque)kh2 actully felt to me like devil may cry(1,3,4 2SUCKS)

and through all three it gets a darker tone DARK=more BADASS-ness

P.S. BBS sposed to be even darker so get used to the dark tone

antiroxas

i like kh II better because it seems more serious then kh I and it focuses on battling awsome organization villains compared to mostly disney characters. Although i didi not like the end on how you had to restart the game once you beat it. I thought that this time you could play after you beat it oh well...

Rix

Awards
Am i really the only one that can't see how KH2 is sooooo much more darker and serious than KH1!?

Is everyone here joking? KH2 wasn't hardly serious at all. KH1 had a better story, better characters, and better worlds. What did KH2 have? A bit better gameplay, albeit much easier.

Rix

Awards
Is everyone here joking? KH2 wasn't hardly serious at all. KH1 had a better story, better characters, and better worlds. What did KH2 have? A bit better gameplay, albeit much easier.

Thanks! Finally someone that I can agree with!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back