• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 coming to Xbox One!?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Yes, it's coming out on Xbox One, but it might not be optimized very well for it.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Yes, it's coming out on Xbox One, but it might not be optimized very well for it.

Yeah, S-E says they are developing for a primary console and then porting it over to the other.
It's safe to say that the primary console belongs to the company that hosted the announcement for the game.

wolfshadow

So, it might be probable that the ps4/3 will get it first then the xbox one will? Or will they might release them at the same time?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
So, it might be probable that the ps4/3 will get it first then the xbox one will? Or will they might release them at the same time?

Possibly. It's really too early to say at this point.

Setsuna ♥

Awards
Why would you get an XboxOne over a PS4 :v Sarcasm aside I don't think they would release a major title such as KHIII on two separate days for each console, I haven't seen it before unless it was the case of a game being exclusive to one system and then later losing that exclusivity to be ported.

wolfshadow

I plan to get both systems, i just saw that the xbox one was going to eventually get kh3, so I was making sure that was correct.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Setsuna ♥;6021284 said:
Why would you get an XboxOne over a PS4 :v

So I can have KH3 all to myself and not worry about my friends nagging at me to borrow my copy

Bandicoot

It wouldn't feel the same playing it on the Xbox, I prefer Playstation. I'll stick with the console I've always loved since the beginning! :)

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
It wouldn't feel the same playing it on the Xbox,
Kingdom Hearts has been on the PS2, PSP, GBA, DS, 3DS and mobile. In terms of controller layout, it's had five different schemes, and of seven original games only two of those matched what we'd see with a PS4 KH entry. On four of those titles, there hasn't been any △, □, O or X show up in the game itself. All of them have had different levels of graphical fidelity, though relatively similar art direction. In terms of ergonomics for a platforming action-adventure game, the PlayStation and Xbox controllers are about equal. Every single title has played, looked and sounded different from any of the others, so how do you even establish what 'feels the same' when its changed seven times, nine including remakes?

What I'm getting at is saying KH - even a main title - doesn't feel right on the Xbox holds no water, especially so when you say it before we even get comparative footage.

tenchi ryu

As someone who's getting the Xbone first, this is great for me. I was contemplating on getting the PS4 solely for KH and FF15, but them being announced as multiplat really made me happy. Now not only don't I have to worry about how to play the 3, see no need to get a PS3 for 1.5 either.

Starting up the PS2 and getting to work oldschool style is good enough for me. Component cables don't make it perfect, but a lot better on a HDTV compared to composite.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Yeah, S-E says they are developing for a primary console and then porting it over to the other.
It's safe to say that the primary console belongs to the company that hosted the announcement for the game.

Not sure where you read this, i got this from the interview with Nomura:

"They talk about the difficulties of working on new hardware such as the PS4 and XBONE. Nomura says that they way they have to make the game is very different from how they have done things so far. They are using the method of making the base of the whole thing on PC and then adjusting for the features of each console, which is apparently the best way to go about ported projects."

They are developing it on PC and then porting it over to 2 consoles...
I think you are mistaking it for FF15, where the primary console is PS4 and its being ported over to xbone.

Kingdom Hearts has been on the PS2, PSP, GBA, DS, 3DS and mobile. In terms of controller layout, it's had five different schemes, and of seven original games only two of those matched what we'd see with a PS4 KH entry. On four of those titles, there hasn't been any △, □, O or X show up in the game itself. All of them have had different levels of graphical fidelity, though relatively similar art direction. In terms of ergonomics for a platforming action-adventure game, the PlayStation and Xbox controllers are about equal. Every single title has played, looked and sounded different from any of the others, so how do you even establish what 'feels the same' when its changed seven times, nine including remakes?

What I'm getting at is saying KH - even a main title - doesn't feel right on the Xbox holds no water, especially so when you say it before we even get comparative footage.

However each time a KH title has been made, it has been exclusive for that console.
Never has a single game been developed for more than one console at once.
I quote Mr. Nomura again:
"Nomura says that they way they have to make the game is very different from how they have done things so far"
This is why I am worried.

crash13

Awards
KH3 was going to be the reason I'd buy a PS4 but since it's going to be on Xbox One I have no reason to buy a PS4 since I don't care for any of their exclusives.

I Tube I

Not sure where you read this, i got this from the interview with Nomura:

"They talk about the difficulties of working on new hardware such as the PS4 and XBONE. Nomura says that they way they have to make the game is very different from how they have done things so far. They are using the method of making the base of the whole thing on PC and then adjusting for the features of each console, which is apparently the best way to go about ported projects."

They are developing it on PC and then porting it over to 2 consoles...
I think you are mistaking it for FF15, where the primary console is PS4 and its being ported over to xbone.

However each time a KH title has been made, it has been exclusive for that console.
Never has a single game been developed for more than one console at once.
I quote Mr. Nomura again:
"Nomura says that they way they have to make the game is very different from how they have done things so far"
This is why I am worried.

I'm glad you cleared this up, because I was sitting here thinking..."I just read that article like 25 minutes ago.."

Don't expect it to play as intended on a port, guys.

So do you think KH3 is just going to flop on consoles since both are basically getting ported versions?

TheRoadToDawn

After watching E3 for the past few days and having everything sink in, I cant find a reason to own an Xone...anyway I began the saga on PS2 years ago and I intend to complete it on Sony`s console.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Setsuna ♥;6021284 said:
Why would you get an XboxOne over a PS4 :v Sarcasm aside I don't think they would release a major title such as KHIII on two separate days for each console, I haven't seen it before unless it was the case of a game being exclusive to one system and then later losing that exclusivity to be ported.
Early on this generation, some games got delayed ports to the PS3 due to the architecture and optimization. Case in point: the Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion.

Actually, the DS/3DS button layout was not entirely dissimilar, with the exception of loss of analog sticks and shoulder buttons. same with PSP.
After watching E3 for the past few days and having everything sink in, I cant find a reason to own an Xone...anyway I began the saga on PS2 years ago and I intend to complete it on Sony`s console.
I'll drink to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back