• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI makes a KH game! Sub-Discussion: Story Scripts and Outlines(Read First Post)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkrend

I've been meaning to make this thread.

I have a general suggestion to make:

Frankly, this thread is crowded with ideas; it's difficult to make sense of them all.
Suppose we create a separate thread for submitting and deciding upon scenarios--meaning the scenes and scenarios of the individual worlds. This thread would then be reserved solely for discussing the broad story as a whole. Thoughts?

EDIT: By the way, I'd just like to claim scenes featuring/relating to Prydain and the Horned King. I actually have a few things planned out that I'd at least like to submit for consideration.

The main project thread can be found here. Any information you need can hopefully be found by following the links.

Now in this thread we will discuss scenarios and scripts. These scripts are not the final versions. The scripts found here are rough drafts. The final versions will be the thing that is playable. In video game development parts of the story and script will change if development requires it to.

We will attempt to discuss things in chronological order.

Please take ideas on the story and events to the proper threads. We only discuss fully fledged scripts here and outlines.

Please submit works separated by cutscene as that is the best way to separate parts.

Outlines should be in a list format with each item representing a cutscene. Remember that most cutscenes are only thirty seconds to one minute long.

The world order has been decided.

A * next to world's name means that the script for that world has been completed. Legacy city will have multiple scripts so it will have multiple *s next to it.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Currently we are refining the following scripts

- None

These are the scripts that will be open for submission next

- Raine in Legacy City = Marx
- Legacy City Festival = Arkrend
- Emperor's New Groove = Inverse

Currently Making Outlines For...

- Prydain = On hold
- Legacy City Festival

Only scripts in bold can be submitted at this point. Scripts with names next to them are the people who have asked to write them. Scripts that are in red are currently being heavily edited and it is best to wait until the completed scenario is rethought in the appropriate thread.

Once all scripts in bold have been submitted and then the next set of scripts may be submitted.

Scripts that are being refined are a priority for submission.

If you are curious about a world's plot then check the spoiler tags for a summary. World's that do not have an outline or a script will have summaries in their respective places. Summaries are purely for reference and before you start writing an outline or script please ask if the summary present is the final version. Some summaries are only here to be archived in case they become lost in a pile of posts in their respective threads.

From now on a script will only be added to the OP when it is complete, and compiled into a single spoiler tag.

Edit Log

- Outline for Brand's Homeworld has been added.
- The first few scenes for Emperor's New Groove and Beauty and the Beast have been added.
- Brand's Homeworld, hopefully the final draft in this format, has been added.
- Super City script has been added.
- Mushu has been added to Linnea's arrival in Legacy City.
- First 12 scenes of Wondrous Circus have been written
- First three scenes of Linnea's Homeworld have been added to the OP
- Added the full Alberosa script
- Added the full Wonderland script

Credits Go to...

- Dark Riku, Marx, Inverse, Orideth, Bond of Water, Arkrend, small502, KingMickeyRules.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

DarkRiku-12

Re: KHI makes a KH game! Discussion Sub-Discussion: Story Scripts (Read First Post)

I could write up Linnea's side of coming to LC. Just wondering a few things first, are there a specific place where the fab four meet at the end of Marx's Raine and Brand stories (I want them to fit together as much as possible) and which of Linnea's homeworld stories are we using? (Mine or Marx's) just to clear that up (I'd personally perfer mine, as even Marx said his needs a bit of cleaning up) I'm sorry if that sound self righteous of me, just asking. XD

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Re: KHI makes a KH game! Discussion Sub-Discussion: Story Scripts (Read First Post)

I could write up Linnea's side of coming to LC. Just wondering a few things first, are there a specific place where the fab four meet at the end of Marx's Raine and Brand stories (I want them to fit together as much as possible) and which of Linnea's homeworld stories are we using? (Mine or Marx's) just to clear that up (I'd personally perfer mine, as even Marx said his needs a bit of cleaning up) I'm sorry if that sound self righteous of me, just asking. XD

I think there is a certain meeting point, Arkrend made it like this and I suspect Marx will base his stories of the ones that Arkrend made so I suggest checking Arkrend's stories to know what the meeting place is. As for Linnea's homeworld, I like yours and Marx's for different reasons, both have something the other doesn't have and those things happen to be things I like very much so, like I suggested already I think, is to write the Linnea story once more and make a mix from yours and Marx (working together on this one might be the best option) + the discussion of Linnea's homeworld wasn't really finished so I think this one needs more discussing before deciding on a final one :)

DarkRiku-12

^ I agree. Mine had a some stuff missing too (ie. as Arkrend pointed out, Linnea getting sudden bursts of confidence when she should be a little more reluctant, the Dive needs some work, ect.) it'd be best to merge them both together.

Arkrend

I could write up Linnea's side of coming to LC. Just wondering a few things first, are there a specific place where the fab four meet at the end of Marx's Raine and Brand stories

:rolleyes:
You didn't read the entire original post did you Riku?

Click on the spoiler tag, "The four arrive in Legacy City."

Currently there is a Ciel and Linnea script.

Feel free to rewrite Linnea's story, but key events can't really be changed.

I'd suggest everyone to read to homeworld stories one more time, Linnea's story has had a few edits.

Linnea no longer says, "It's alright dad! I've got it!" When a fifty foot tall monster is massacring her home.
:wink:

I'd also suggest everyone read the arrival stories of Ciel and Linnea. I posted them for feedback, rewrites, and critique.

The four don't actually meet until the end of their first visit to Legacy City. I didn't come up with this it was Marx who gave the general idea of what would happen.

Raine is the only one who meets other members of the four prior to the end of his visit. He meets Linnea in the very beginning and Brand in the end.

Ciel is the only one who never actually meets any of the four until the end of her arrival.

Linnea befriends Raine when she first arrives, see Ciel from a distance, and is the first to arrive Oswald officially without leaving.

Brand only meets Raine right before Lightening drags him and Raine to Oswald.

And I decided to post an edited version of your Linnea story Riku. In the end which scripts we use is up to the community, but I decided an edited version of yours fits Linnea the best.

DarkRiku-12

Ya got me! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I didn't even notice that they were there. Reading them now. :)

EDIT: I read them all, so just ignore what I said earlier about writing Linnea's view. I think it's just fine. :)

Last edited:

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

To add my two cents for the moment....I never even finished my Linnea story. lol.
I do like DarkRiku12's, it's nice.

But yes, I will have Raine and Brand's visit to LC done soon. Hopefully in less time than it took for me to do Ciel's HomeWorld.

Again Arkrend...the dialogue is a little....iffy in my opinion. Mainly for Ciel's LC visit. But again, that's just my opinion.

micbeasty

The one for Linnea.. It's okay, but Jim Crow shouldn't be there.. Linnea is going to his world (Wondrous Circus) already as her first solo world. I would also limit the Jose in it. Your off to a good start but I think there are improvements to be made.

inverse K-blade7

Marx's Raine and Ciel stories seem to have approval, but i don't think the Linnea or Brand stories did. And I'm not talking about the script, I'm talking about the actual plot of the level. Which, if it hasn't actually been confirmed, would not be discussed in this thread, right?

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

^ I agree with micbeasty and Marx. Like I said before, the stories you wrote are a great base of how things should look like but they still need work. Like Jim Crow f.e. being in it is indeed something that needs to be changed. The dialogue is ok but also could use work. But like I said, making a foundation to build on is one of the most important things to do so you're doing a great job! :)

Also guys, I put up a summary of gameplay mechanics in the gameplay thread, if you're interested, it's there now ^^

Arkrend

Remember guys that I know basically nothing about these characters. This not my story so trying write it is irritating at best. I am continually guessing who these freaking characters are and why I should even care about them.

The generic summaries haven't really helped me understand who the four are.

It's awkward and weird because this isn't my story. I don't really know what fits for who. I have no idea what Ciel's personality is like so I can't write anything for her. These aren't my characters so I can't do anything with them.

Please feel free to rewrite or edit any of the above scripts excluding Ciel and Raine's homeworlds.

This thread exists to edit scripts and decide on a canon.

DarkRiku-12

To add my two cents for the moment....I never even finished my Linnea story. lol.

Yeah, sorry about that...:p It's just that Ophan put my Linnea story in the story summary thread and Arkrend put yours here. It confuzled me. :p It's been a pretty long week, so myattention to detail is fading. lol

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

Yeah, sorry about that...:p It's just that Ophan put my Linnea story in the story summary thread and Arkrend put yours here. It confuzled me. :p It's been a pretty long week, so myattention to detail is fading. lol

What do you mean, it looks like yours is in the OP.

DarkRiku-12

^ Oh sorry, it must have been changed. Once again, my attention to detail is fading. I need to go to bed. -.-"

inverse K-blade7

The part of the LC script where Oswald explains everything (and the festival) shouldn't happen until after the first solo world. The solo worlds are supposed to be a test/initiation to the idea of multiple worlds, right? So it doesn't make much sense for Lucius to have their goals and everything explained to them until after they've proved themselves. Otherwise, going to those worlds alone is redundant

Arkrend

The part of the LC script where Oswald explains everything (and the festival) shouldn't happen until after the first solo world. The solo worlds are supposed to be a test/initiation to the idea of multiple worlds, right? So it doesn't make much sense for Lucius to have their goals and everything explained to them until after they've proved themselves. Otherwise, going to those worlds alone is redundant

We can just have Oswald tell them they need to go to the solo worlds. Oswald wouldn't explain everything. He'd just tell them Heartless are looking for them and that they need to help them repair four bridges as a test.

When they come back Lucius could make everything clear.

Point is Oswald only needs to say enough to make the reason why the four go to solo worlds clear.

Edit:
I think there is a certain meeting point, Arkrend made it like this and I suspect Marx will base his stories of the ones that Arkrend made so I suggest checking Arkrend's stories to know what the meeting place is.

I'd like to make it clear that this isn't true. I didn't make these scripts up on my own. I didn't make it like this because it was my idea.

Marx told me that Linnea would run into Raine, then she would be on her own, and then she would meet Oswald.

Marx told me that Ciel would wander around the most, then overhear Raine and Brand, and then meet Oswald by following Raine and Brand.

Marx pretty much told the important things that would happen. The level ending with the four meeting Oswald was Marx's idea.

I added a few things. Max and PJ, Jose's game, and the junkyard. Marx pretty much had Brand and Raine's stories fully thought out and told me the concept behind Linnea and Ciel's stories.

inverse K-blade7

We can just have Oswald tell them they need to go to the solo worlds. Oswald wouldn't explain everything. He'd just tell them Heartless are looking for them and that they need to help them repair four bridges as a test.

When they come back Lucius could make everything clear.

Point is Oswald only needs to say enough to make the reason why the four go to solo worlds clear.
Ah, okay. just clarifying

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

I have a suggestion, if I may:

Wouldn't it be better to have this thread be titled "Scenario Planning"?
Firstly, writing the actual script(s) is the last stage of the story process, after everything has been planned out. Secondly, it help organize everything so much more efficiently:

Everything from the story, world, and character threads would then be sorted through and structured into basic plotlines--leaving the actual script-writing process as a simple, organized "plug-and-chug" process.

That is just my two cents' worth of advice; considering I'm not a very active contributor, feel free to discard it.

Arkrend

I have a suggestion, if I may:

Wouldn't it be better to have this thread be titled "Scenario Planning"?
Firstly, writing the actual script(s) is the last stage of the story process, after everything has been planned out. Secondly, it help organize everything so much more efficiently:

Everything from the story, world, and character threads would then be sorted through and structured into basic plotlines--leaving the actual script-writing process as a simple, organized "plug-and-chug" process.

That is just my two cents' worth of advice; considering I'm not a very active contributor, feel free to discard it.

There is a very good idea, but this is something that would have been better done during the brainstorming period.

We've pretty much finished brainstorming. Now naturally people are still suggesting ideas, but other than a few kinks everything is kind of done. Now naturally it doesn't mean nothing is subject to change. It's just that I think it's time a little more focus was put into things.

It's kind of time to really start finalizing things. In a sense it's a figurative "kick in the pants" to start putting things in stone. The chain of events is decided.

The thing is there are two ways to write things: Planning everything out in detail, and making it up as you go along.

This forum is the latter. We decide on something and then adjust it to make it work. We haven't really been in favor of just kicking something off. We just make it work one way or another so that nothing major is changed.

Naturally the OP will be continually evolving until we reach the very end and things are beginning to hit computerized form.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Now these are things that I don't see changing since everything managed to fit together. There are more details, but those are details. Point is I feel confident that we are ready to press forward to finalizing this story.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

Hmm, perhaps my suggestion was poorly phrased...

What I mean to say is that, currently, the script-writing process seems messy and haphazard. To remedy this, each individual visit to each individual world should be summarized, with a list of important events and character development(s) that need to take place.

From there, the script writers will have a nice complete list to choose from, rather than saying, "Ooh, let me write a script for this one scene at this one time, with minimal indication of where it fits in relation to any of the other scenes."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back