• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHIII and KH2.8 on PS4k/NEO

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xera Highwind

Awards
I am aware that the is no official announcement for the PS4K/NEO but there are some sources that seem reliable, I'll be referencing this one:Sony’s upgraded 'Neo' PS4 will reportedly have smoother games and better graphics | The Verge

If this is real that would mean both KHIII and KH2.8 would be required to add support. I would really like it to be and I honestly don't think it would cause much trouble for them to add. What excites me the most is thinking about higher graphics, more fps, and smoother transitions, etc. KHIII already looks amazing so upscaling it even more is quite a feat.

Would you all WANT them to be compatible with it or do you think it would just be too much of a hassle due to it causeing more work for the development team and the less likely chances of having a special edition console? Comment you thoughts!

Muke

whatever
Awards
Um, if there will indeed be a PS4Neo, they will have to create versions for that one whatsoever, so I guess... idk?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i'm indifferent. i don't see why they can't just have the system automatically upscale games, making two versions of each one is going to alienate Sony.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I don't think it can be stopped now and Microsoft takes the same route too. It's time to go full PC and release every Kingdom hearts there too.:biggrin:

There are numerous rumors regarding the PS4.5 floating around and no official statement by Sony whatsoever. According to them Sony has put guidelines in place so that every game is still supported by both PS4 consoles the same way, even in multiplayer so we probably won't see better frame rates at all for the Neo.
Another two years from now on the Neo will probably replaced by Novus and the oldest model not be supported any longer.

Last edited:

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Like many others, I think the NEO is a huge mistake. Something like this is way too early for the generation that hasn't exactly found its footing yet. I'm not surprised they're doing it, I'm just surprised it was this early. Especially something they might alienate a lot of people. It's not out of the realm of possibility for Sony to pull the plug given the amount of negative feedback.

As far as KHIII and 2.8 being on PS4 Neo is gonna be my same answer for the Nintendo NX: A big, fat throbbing MAYBE. It depends on a lot factors working, particularity with developers being on board with it or not. Whether they don't need to develop anything new or special for the hardware that would take longer for port to be made or they do and that sounds like a pain in the butt. Regardless, I think 2.8 will be out before these two systems even appear publicly and I guarantee KH3 will be out before then too.

WastedPenguin

Awards
I think that a PS4K would be pretty pointless for most core gamers since barely anyone has or can afford a good 4K tv.
They should probably just leave the PS4 as it is right now and save that stuff for the PS5.

Hallowseve

I think that a PS4K would be pretty pointless for most core gamers since barely anyone has or can afford a good 4K tv.
They should probably just leave the PS4 as it is right now and save that stuff for the PS5.

This. I agree with you 100%.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
The devs have to support both "base" and "neo" modes, so it's not a question of may.
Are we positive they have to support both? Or is it maybe that if a dev is going to utilize neo then they have to make a base mode too? As in, is it possible for someone to only make a base mode and choose not to do a neo mode since the base mode would be playable on both?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Knowing Square Enix, they'll play it safe and stick with the regular PS4. There's too big of an install base on the current PS4 just to create a more visually faithful iteration of Kingdom Hearts III on an alternate PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back