• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHIII demos

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KHIII demos

• I would never look at a KHIII story or major gameplay teaser trailer.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I would look at any KHIII trailer, SPOILERS BE DAMNED

Votes: 30 81.1%
  • I would look at a KHIII trailer that shows off a large amount of gameplay, but not with spoilers.

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I would look at any KHIII trailer with unless they show too much gameplay. Spoilers are meh.

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumblescored

Awards
My sanctuary, where fears and lies melt away
Since 2.8 demos have been released in E3 I shut myself off from any information about it at all. I realized that even though I want to know as much about the games as possible I would never want anything truly substantial that tells me too much about the games. Story, real/longer game play footage even any filler cinematics, I just know I'm going to avoid them like the plauge. This is despite watching a hundred analysis videos for every trailer that's come out. So I just want to see if I'm the only one who would never watch any trailers with major story elements for KHIII or even minor ones.

aqualight

I can't personally do the same, i want everything that comes out,
i need to be able to caress it with my eyeballs
take in the sounds
i have a mighty need and i must sin, let me know all the dirty secrets the trailers have to tell

Maverick-flame

Website
fission-firaga.tumblr.com
I'm on tumblr so I'm basically going to know anything that happens with 2.8 or 3. I don't really mind and I doubt they would show us anything that would truly spoil the story of either game. (AKA Terra's newest secret from the demo isn't going to be that big of a deal compared to other stuff that happens in 0.2) (I don't know how to do the spoiler box thing)

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
The only way i won't bother is if we have a release date already.As long as there's no release date i'm gonna continue watching every trailer.

SephirothZ

The only way i won't bother is if we have a release date already.As long as there's no release date i'm gonna continue watching every trailer.

Im pretty similar. I am avoiding most information regarding 2.8 now, but if a KH3 trailer or new release comes out, I will eat it up 100%. This may be due to 0.2 being so short. I feel like anything would spoil everything for that now.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I wouldn't be able to fight the urge even if I wanted to.

Besides, I have kind of just gotten the mindset that if something is in a trailer or TV spot, then it's not really a spoiler. Because trailers and TV spots are meant to be advertised to the general public and entice people to buy the game. So if just about everyone already knows about it before the product comes out and it is an official trailer and not just some leak, is it really a spoiler? I dunno, to me, I just don't think so.

At first, when I saw the Civil War trailer that revealed Spider-Man, I was thinking, "Dude, they should have just saved that for the movie and Spider-Man would come on screen and the audience would be freaking out!" But then after seeing the movie, it was better they generated that initial hype from the trailer because seeing the movie in the order the scenes are in wouldn't have had that same "wow" effect that trailer had.

Although those 7-minute trailers are a bit questionable... But it seems like Square is doing better at releasing shorter trailers that don't reveal too much anyway. All of the FFXV trailers have been pretty good about giving us enough to be intrigued without revealing a majority of the plot. And even with KH3, years later and we have really only seen one actual cutscene from the game. So I'm not too worried.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I would look at any trailer. I just want to KNOW what is expected. I'm impatient when it comes to trailers unfortunately. And releases.

Sorakh212

Awards
Spoilers definitely seem to be a big concern these days and not just with video games. Movies, books, TV shows, Anime, Cartoons, etc. Pretty much anything is fair game online though. I find it a bit odd that you'd avoid trailers, announcements, etc. yet you'd watch analysis videos. Seems a bit counter intuitive or redundant if you ask me but it's your choice at the end of the day. I'm kind of torn when it comes to this predicament/dilemma though...or at least with KH3. On one hand I REALLY want to see what new additions have been confirmed and yet on the other I don't want to spoil or ruin the experience at all if I can help it. It's insane how many trailers these days contain spoilers and it's really bad with video games and movie trailers. Seriously though the only solution I know is to either avoid them entirely if possible or straight up disconnect from the internet in the months or weeks leading up to the release. Go completely dark ya know? Personally though I don't think Nomura and the Square-Enix would intentionally spoil anything major. I mean hell Nomura has stated numerous times in various interviews throughout the years how he can't or won't talk about certain things because it's a spoiler or due to is sensitive nature. I really do hope that Sony releases that 2.8 demo on PSN some time prior to the games release. It looks really fun and while there are some obvious spoilers from what I've gathered anyways I still want to see how it feels, plays, looks, etc.
Thing with spoilers though is yeah it sucks to get things spoiled in advance, especially if you're highly anticipating w/e it is you're looking forward to, but I don't think it will ruin the overall experience or at least imho. George R.R. Martin had some really interesting points about spoilers and how even if you know what's going to happen at certain points that doesn't mean you still can't enjoy the experience. More about the journey and not the destination things along those lines really.

George~

Website
steamcommunity.com
I am never able to keep myself away from gameplay/trailers of games that I really want to play. Within a trailer they won't spoil the story that much and they wont ruin anything with demos. It would just be bad marketing unless it's something really obvious/a cliff hanger. If there is a KH3 Demo I will be playing it, no matter what.

wwinterj

I wouldn't watch/read anything that I'd consider major spoilers. I doubt any Kingdom Hearts 3 trailers will have spoilers in them though so I've no issue watching them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back