• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 guess release date .

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rodx

I created this tread to guess KH 3release date do you believe will be on 2017 ?

HakaishinChampa

Awards
It is the 15th anniversary of Kingdom Hearts in 2017, so I wouldn't be surprised if KH3 comes out sometime next year.

G-SANtos

Awards
No. We are already getting two HD collections in 2017, so I think it's too early for a release, specially since they haven't released any story trailer yet. I think KHIII will be released 2018 at the earliest.

My guess is summer 2018 at the earliest and early 2019 at the latest. I don't see it coming early 2018 because it's too close to 2017.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
No. We are already getting two HD collections in 2017, so I think it's too early for a release, specially since they haven't released any story trailer yet. I think KHIII will be released 2018 at the earliest.

My guess is summer 2018 at the earliest and early 2019 at the latest. I don't see it coming early 2018 because it's too close to 2017.
um one just a port so it not new as for the other game it was made i the same same with 3 so it doesn't really rule khh3 next year it could come out end of the year next year plus if you looking for a story trailer there will be lot of times to show one since next year will be tons of kh news

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

They haven't released a story trailer because they have essentially held off on nearly all KH3 news for a year~ to put the focus on 2.8. Trust me, once 2.8 comes out we'll be getting a story trailer, likely almost nearly immediately given how they still plan on having KH3 announcements "this winter". Also, keep in mind 2.8's release in 2017 was not planned and was only pushed into 2017 because of FFXV. Having 1.5+2.5 release early in the year to get people ready for a KH3 release at the end of the year is not very farfetched at all, tbh. The point of 1.5+2.5 is to help hype up and market KH3 after all.

Also keep in mind that by the end of 2017 KH3 will have been in development for pretty much 5 years, which is more than necessary time for them to have finished it.

namidawa

They haven't released a story trailer because they have essentially held off on nearly all KH3 news for a year~ to put the focus on 2.8. Trust me, once 2.8 comes out we'll be getting a story trailer, likely almost nearly immediately given how they still plan on having KH3 announcements "this winter". Also, keep in mind 2.8's release in 2017 was not planned and was only pushed into 2017 because of FFXV. Having 1.5+2.5 release early in the year to get people ready for a KH3 release at the end of the year is not very farfetched at all, tbh. The point of 1.5+2.5 is to help hype up and market KH3 after all.

Also keep in mind that by the end of 2017 KH3 will have been in development for pretty much 5 years, which is more than necessary time for them to have finished it.

By that logic, they could postpone KHIII just to give room for 2.8+remixes. I hold my bet on 2017 regardless, but there's no telling what SE has planned for KHIII's release date.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
March 2018.

I know people wanna stick with the 15th year anniversary thing but there's already 2.8, and 1.5 + 2.5 coming out next year and KH3 will have had ZERO marketing in about 2 years when news drops next year. I know the game will be close to finish by then but I just feel like it's rushing things to have it come out next year just for the 15th year anniversary. Plus, I love March as a release date for the game.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
By that logic, they could postpone KHIII just to give room for 2.8+remixes.
Except that wouldn't really make sense given how both of those titles are releasing early in the year. By the end of the year, it's already had plenty room?

March 2018.

I know people wanna stick with the 15th year anniversary thing but there's already 2.8, and 1.5 + 2.5 coming out next year and KH3 will have had ZERO marketing in about 2 years when news drops next year. I know the game will be close to finish by then but I just feel like it's rushing things to have it come out next year just for the 15th year anniversary. Plus, I love March as a release date for the game.
It's actually not a good strategy to market a game two years before release? Marketing is extremely expensive so you tend to only want to really push it in the months leading up to release, not years prior (consider how 2.8 is only really getting a strong marketing push (magazine, render releases, many trailers in close succession) now, two months before release). Using the 15th anniversary to have KH constantly in the news (2.8, 1.5+2.5, the concerts, KH3 announcements, E3, Nomura saying there will be non-stop KH3 news next year, D23) that is all a good marketing strategy to end with the game releasing at the end of the year.

And, again, by the end of 2017 KH3 will have been in development for around 5 years. That is actually considered overly long for a game's development. Most games have an average of 2-3 years development. Nomura has also said that the game has been on track and developing smoothly, and the fact that they haven't had to worry about any public-facing press for KH3 for almost two years means they have essentially had completely uninterrupted dev time. There's no real evidence that they would be rushing development to release it in 2017 at this point.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Fall 2017. Release date reveal at E3 2017 coinciding with the World Tour show in Los Angeles that Wednesday.

The 15th anniversary will mark a year of Kingdom Hearts. Not just an HD collection and a remaster port. The entirely of 2017 will be loaded with KH content.

One need only read the signs that have been there since E3 2016.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Fall 2017. Release date reveal at E3 2017 coinciding with the World Tour show in Los Angeles that Wednesday.

The 15th anniversary will mark a year of Kingdom Hearts. Not just an HD collection and a remaster port. The entirely of 2017 will be loaded with KH content.

One need only read the signs that have been there since E3 2016.
This sounds pretty good to me.
What signs? Maybe I'm too stupid, but I haven't, uh, been aware of any 'signs'? (I know what kind of signs you mean lol)

Rix

:)
Awards
My guess is fall 2018. The release date will probably be revealed next year. It will first be revealed as a late 2017 release, but the release date will be pusher back a couple of times.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This sounds pretty good to me.
What signs? Maybe I'm too stupid, but I haven't, uh, been aware of any 'signs'? (I know what kind of signs you mean lol)

The World Tour's dates are one. The last shows being in June, with one show specifically during E3 2017 week implies some big hype for the series (and not just because there would be the perfect gathering of game enthusiasts at that time who would be willing to spend money on a concert).

The second was Nomura's continual insistence about waiting for KH3 news in the winter after 2.8. Like Audo laid out, marketing for games is expensive so you only start promoting a game when the game's release it growing closer

If all things had gone according to plan, 2.8 would have come out December and next year would have only been 1.5+2.5? Why hype news for nothing?

Even though 2.8 is coming out next year now, that won't change the fact that their new financial year starts April 1st and they will need games to fill 2017.

On page 8 of their projected sales for FY 2017 (here are the slides), they expect HUGE gains from a major title in the full year despite low expectations for the 1st half.

Besides FF7R which I don't think is anywhere close to releasing next year (but who knows), what kind of game would bring such a massive spike that could beat out 2016? c:

Of course FY 2017 extends into 2018 so there is always the potential 2018 release but Sep/Oct/Nov are big months for AAA games and I doubt SE would miss out on that.

Third is the fact that Nomura has teased that the 15th anniversary year will be big for Kingdom Hearts. Why hype up nothing?

My guess is fall 2018. The release date will probably be revealed next year. It will first be revealed as a late 2017 release, but the release date will be pusher back a couple of times.

I'm struggling to figure out why they'd push the release date back if they are on schedule with development and there are no FFXV-like games currently slated for release to force a delay. Besides 2.8, no past KH games have been delayed.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Was it ever confirmed if they are going for a worldwide release or will we have to wait a few months after the Japanese release?

If so maybe winter 2017 for Japan and spring 2018 for other countries

kairihaorenoyome

Was it ever confirmed if they are going for a worldwide release or will we have to wait a few months after the Japanese release?

If so maybe winter 2017 for Japan and spring 2018 for other countries
Nomura said it will probably release in Japan a little earlier, but it will be near simultaneous. So it'll probably be like the gap between 2.8 and 1.5+2.5's Japanese and worldwide releases.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Nomura said it will probably release in Japan a little earlier, but it will be near simultaneous.
That comment was actually about 2.8, if I remember correctly. Early translations of that interview/summary thought he was referring to KHIII but when they translated the full text interview he was talking about 2.8 (Which makes sense given how in the same interview he talks about them putting KHIII news and discussion on hold for 2.8. No point saying that only then to talk about KH3's future release lol)

I think we can expect them to plan a near simultaneous release though, especially for such a big title.

Muke

whatever
Awards
^Yeah, I don't think SE would be dumb enough to make a big gap between releases. That said, I think they'll settle for either the same week or the same months.

But I still hope they'll try to release it worldwide on the same day, like FFXV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back