• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Coded for iPhone in NA?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

krexia

Translator
Awards
what luck. none of the translators are on *sarcasm*
=__=
Sorry, went to bed early so I could get up early for TGS today. (Was just on my way out.)

I have to say that in everything I've seen about coded so far, I've never seen the title written in kanji like that, only ever in katakana (コーデッド) or English (coded). Even in the game logo it's written in English with katakana underneath, not kanji. That's enough to make me pretty suspicious.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Regular phone means none touch based as in has keys and what not.
And yes something would have to be ported.
The thing is theyd have to REMAKE the games whole coding to do so.

They don't have to. They can give them 'touch panels' that replicate the buttons. Directional buttons, attack, magic, all on the iPhone. Look at Resi4 iPhone, look at a few platformers that isn't forced with touch screen. It can work.

Again thats a dumb move not everyone is sitting on an Iphone like you.

Not our fault you're so bloody poor or wasted all your money on the PS3 [/joke]. And you do know it doesn't have to be an iPhone. It can be an iTouch.

Ports ARENT this heavy.
Ports usually are just different button mapping MAYBE a lower graphics level.
NOT A WHOLE game rework

And Coded doesn't have to be reworked!

Allister Rose

French Lover
They don't have to. They can give them 'touch panels' that replicate the buttons. Directional buttons, attack, magic, all on the iPhone. Look at Resi4 iPhone, look at a few platformers that isn't forced with touch screen. It can work.

Not our fault you're so bloody poor or wasted all your money on the PS3 [/joke]. And you do know it doesn't have to be an iPhone. It can be an iTouch.

honestly, if it went on ipod touch or iphone, then it will be exclusive to phones that have that censor movement thing. i dont think that's a good idea unless they the phone one came out and then the ipod version. but highly unlikely.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?

Bad example sir.
That was a whole new project.
From the base up coded is ALREADY made.
Again no theyd still have to remapp the buttons for touch censor.

Eeh joke or not thats a bit to far.
Its called not wasting money on stufff.
Anyways.
Either way too much to waste on a port if you ask me.
Theyd have to remake the game.
Look at Beofre Crisis and Agito.
If it were going to be moved to a different phone or w.e it would of been already.

Failed logic.
Yes it would.
That game wasnt made for touch it was made for keypad.
Thats like saying.
HEY LEMME PUT MY PS3 GAME IN MY XBOX THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE DISC ! TYPE!

thenapster777

You and I should tag-team. I've been sticking up for Apple over in the Coded section.

Answer: YES! We should - All hail the great Apple and its leader Steve Jobs... Apple! Apple! Apple!

if they expect coded to come to north america, the iphone is def the best phone for it to be on, could ne other phone really handle it? good thing i got my 3gs :D lol

Answer: I also have an iPhone 3GS - mine is the 32gb model! =)

Answer @ Chrono Mizak: U took the words right out of my mouth! U OFFICIALLY ROCK IN MY BOOK!

Oh... and @ Reno/Axel: Put the Up to the Shut! Nobody wants to hear you... get outta' here! Your such a negative person - it's sad really! U need some help!

Last edited:

Allister Rose

French Lover
we agreed before.

anyways, i'm guessing any texting phone can handle it. anyone else think that might work?

Captain Garlock

I dont think anyone would lol.

I think its more of the matter of the phones layout.
A phone like the enV yes i could see it happening.

The Ipohone just isnt strong enough in my eyes.
We need a phone everyone could get theres tons of things limiting people from them the cost and the plan that goes with it.

Itouch the same thing price.
You might as well go get an XBOX 360 with that cash or something.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Regular phone means none touch based as in has keys and what not.
And yes something would have to be ported.
The thing is theyd have to REMAKE the games whole coding to do so.
You don't need to completely recode a game to port controls..you just need to recode the..controls..portion..

Again thats a dumb move not everyone is sitting on an Iphone like you.
Not everyone is sitting on a DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, your point? The iphone is the largest mobible phone gaming market, so if it has to go to a phone, it would likely go to the iphone, because thats where the most POTENTIAL customers are.

Ports ARENT this heavy.
Ports usually are just different button mapping MAYBE a lower graphics level.
NOT A WHOLE game rework.
You know nothing about game development =/

Anyway, I think krexlia's post pretty much confirms this is a fake.

Captain Garlock

You don't need to completely recode a game to port controls..you just need to recode the..controls..portion

The game would have to work on a touch screen basis which the game does not thus REWORK INDEED.

Not everyone is sitting on a DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, your point? The iphone is the largest mobible phone gaming market, so if it has to go to a phone, it would likely go to the iphone, because thats where the most POTENTIAL customers are.

I dont think so.
I never said a console did I?
I said a good phone.
A generic phone.
Like the enV which ALSO supports apps.

You know nothing about game development =/

The thing is I do.
Mugen community for years.
Also friends with game coders who study it who explain it to me.
Also takes logic.

What your saying is lets stick a ps3 game in an xbox 360

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
Just saw this, and I agree with krexia. The way it's been written makes it look fake. That's not saying it's not possible of course (personally I'm rooting for a Wiiware release) but I wouldn't trust this source.

XYZ

I don't see why it is so controversial to everyone that the iPhone would get the International Coded release exclusively*. It is a superior phone. And it seems that everyone has forgotten that when Coded was released, it was exclusively for the NTT Docomo Prime Series-P-01A phone. And it's still limited to that one phone.

*Assuming that this is fo sho.

Allister Rose

French Lover

there are more people who have cell phones, more than iphones,

so no one is going to buy iphone or ipod touch just to get the game. but then again not many people will buy cell phones just to play coded.

but there are more cellphones in the world than iphone and ipod touches. that's all i want to say

Captain Garlock

Again Allister said it.

To the guy who says Iphone is superior.
EnV has the same stuff cat.

tacochance

I don't truest the source. :31: I'm pretty sure that NA will get it as a PSP/PSN or Wii Ware port. Perferably PSP/PSN for mobility. Anyway, if it is released for I-Touch or I phone, does anyone have an emu for it? :p Cuz that's going to be the only way i get to play it, lol.

EDIT: Definately unreliable, their user tag, thing says "Joined Today" "Posts: One" ONE

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The game would have to work on a touch screen basis which the game does not thus REWORK INDEED.

But it's not that difficult, if you read the OP, it says they'd add a virtual touchscreen joystiq, which would then act as any joystiq would. Lots of iphone games do this,

I dont think so.
I never said a console did I?
I said a good phone.
A generic phone.
Like the enV which ALSO supports apps.
The iphone is the best phone on the market currently. =/

The thing is I do.
Mugen community for years.
Also friends with game coders who study it who explain it to me.
Also takes logic.
Lmfao, Mugen isn't real game coding. And your coding friends are idiots.

What your saying is lets stick a ps3 game in an xbox 360
No what I'm saying is your arguments are silly because you say it shouldn't be on an iphone because not everyone has one. Well not everyone has a console either, that point is null. (And likewise, not everyone has an MP3 player, phone, computer, PDA, laptop, HD television, etc etc)

A

Audo

Why is everyone so iPhone based? If it were to come out in such a way, it would be for both the iPhone and the iPod Touch. And yeah, a lot of people have those >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back