• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix Collector's Edition Unboxing!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Underwhelming Collector's Edition is underwhelming.

I at least appreciate that there was a teeny bit of effort here, but I really wished there was more of an incentive to get this one...

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Right? I've said this before but the tastes of Japanese fans and the tastes of western fans are not so different. We love soundtracks, we like shirts, we like BIG artbooks (30 pages of stuff we can find online in super high quality? how cute), we love figures.

Why did they not think about offering us Limit Form Sora? Or an OST sampler? Why didn't they design the box like the Japanese ones which were gorgeous. Ours is just a paper box with grayscale KH2 Sora art that very few like. The new 2.5 artwork is nowhere to be seen.

I appreciate the effort and the fact we got a CE. I really do. I can't help but complain, though, because I know that fans can get better than what is offered.

The fact we are even interested in these games from Japan should show enough that we are interested in the same goodies they get over there. Wish they'd wake up to that fact already. I much prefer almost 99% of the time the Japanese editions over the ones we get, if we even end up getting one.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I feel like releasing a survey that gave us the impression that what we answered would have a more substantial impact was sort of in bad taste? Like, what did they even do with the results?
^^^

They had all of the necessary data to deliver a really cool CE from that survey and yet they squandered it.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Right? I've said this before but the tastes of Japanese fans and the tastes of western fans are not so different. We love soundtracks, we like shirts, we like BIG artbooks (30 pages of stuff we can find online in super high quality? how cute), we love figures.

Why did they not think about offering us Limit Form Sora? Or an OST sampler? Why didn't they design the box like the Japanese ones which were gorgeous. Ours is just a paper box with grayscale KH2 Sora art that very few like. The new 2.5 artwork is nowhere to be seen.

I appreciate the effort and the fact we got a CE. I really do. I can't help but complain, though, because I know that fans can get better than what is offered.

And look, I'm grateful to get something, but I will voice my "issues" with a product I'm purchasing that I'm not 100% satisfied with - not only because it pales in comparison overseas releases, but to the other collector's editions released in NA this year. FFX-HD (the imported music disc - great idea), Theatrhythm CC (a practical, adorable 3DS carrying case), Lightning Returns (a goddamn pocket watch - really diddlying cool) - these CEs all had really interesting, great concepts, so I can't help but think SENA dropped the ball here. That survey is just salt in the wound. If I had filled out a survey for FFX would I have gotten a pin instead? It makes me think I wasn't listened to and that I wasted my time. Hah.

Continuity is kindof an issue here as well, and there's really no standard expectation for these preorders. They're kindof all over the place. It's be one thing if we had tiers of preorder incentives like Japan, but here we just take what we can get.

I think in this particular case, I would have preferred similar packaging to 1.5, containing a similar 'okay' artbook at a comparable price, rather than being let down lol~

It would be redundant since the official remaster soundtrack will have already been released by the time we even get our hands on the game.

It would be about as redundant as 1.5 though, right? I'd much prefer the soundtrack.

Articus

I'm okay with this.

Imagine that KH3 gets a super awesome mega collection with a bunch of cool stuff. How many super cool collections will you want?

That's assuming KH3 gets one. It probably will and may be awesome. This will make me happy for now. All I care is that it looks nice on my shelf.

kykiske05

guys!!! no one told me about this :*( they are sold out!!!! noooooooooooo if anyone purchased 2 would u want to sell one to me!!!!! i would love you forever!!!! i been so busy caught up with work i hate i missed out on this collectors edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back