• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Featured in Famitsu

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
2017 for NA/EU? that's more reasonable for a III release, especially since 2.8 was announced for a 2016 release date. i see no possible reason for SE to push back the date further.

I agree with you, I'm just putting down worst case so as to not raise my own hopes :p (see how i wrote maybe? :D)

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i dont think going to push 2.8 for 2017 i mean all it is just a port,cutscene movie and just a cople hours mini game if it was a big scale game like kh3 then yeah i could that happing

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
  • During this loitering she stumbles across "unknown memories" and an encounter.
If not XH then I think we might see Master Xehanorts original Nobody, I still think he left one behind.
Of course it will also be awesome if we get to visit Ansem on his first Journey or who knows, all the other 6 disciples.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't even have a face yet. Had she turned around fully, Aqua would look like Slenderwoman.

Could be wrong but given the early development, it wouldn't surprise me if they only polished/animated what they absolutely had to.

The game started development in goddamn 2012. It's entering it's fourth year of development. Nothing is early anymore.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
KHDDD%20TWEWY.jpg

That HD DDD Riku.... he looks really great! Ooh, and the DDD gang on a big tv with HD glory as well. Can`t wait to fight against YMX on my big tv-screen, it is gonna be awesome!

Hmm, so Aqua stumbled to something interesting in the RoD? I am curious to see who or what it was.

Sdog

Awards
When in 2016 you guys think its going to be released?

I'm thinking Q2/3. Mostly cause I'm still hopeful for a 2.9 release with 1.5 and 2.5 before 3 comes out ;-;.

hemmoheikkinen said:
Hmm, so Aqua stumbled to something interesting in the RoD? I am curious to see who or what it was.

All shall be revealed, 0-0. I'm just curious as to when she meets Ansem. Assuming before for at least some of the game since Aqua looks to still be walking where she was at the end of BBS.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
The "encounter" could be what gives her these "unknown memories", but it sounds a little more like she finds them laying around. I'm definitely intrigued by this. Maybe this will be how the other scenes from the secret movie will be integrated, but I wouldn't think these would just be drifting around the RoD.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
All shall be revealed, 0-0. I'm just curious as to when she meets Ansem. Assuming before for at least some of the game since Aqua looks to still be walking where she was at the end of BBS.

Hmm, after wandering for at least ten years in the RoD calculated by the passing of time in the RoL, she stumbles upon Ansem in the Dark Margin. I remember reading that the "moon" they seen in the horizon is actually the realm of light, so maybe she crossed vast distance of the RoD, to end to the "edge" of that world. So Aqua meeting Ansem would be at the very end of 0.2, or that is how I imagined it. Not sure if 0.2 will cover all of her wondering it the RoD or the meeting of Ansem. I think the DDD secret ending also shoved Aqua staring the moon at the beach, so maybe she is just waiting there for now?

The "encounter" could be what gives her these "unknown memories", but it sounds a little more like she finds them laying around. I'm definitely intrigued by this. Maybe this will be how the other scenes from the secret movie will be integrated, but I wouldn't think these would just be drifting around the RoD.

This is a really cool idea! They could very well use this some way.

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
Also, if this game has HD textures, they must have been planning to release it in consoles for many years.
Yeah, I imagine they've been there the whole time. After all, just because the resolution on the 3DS is relatively low doesn't mean the models and whatnot are as well. The textures and models in Days, for example, are surprisingly high quality for the DS' resolution, as shown here.

Still, on the topic of 2.8, I'm awfully excited, if not only from the one screenshot of Aqua. The Realm of Darkness genuinely looks like a painting; the kind of painting you'd see as the background of an animated Disney movie.

Last edited:

RoxasOblivion5

Please make it for Xbox One T.T i dont wanna buy a PS4(bc i personally dont like them) to play the game before Kingdom Hearts III (which is being put on xbox) so why not 2.8? :(

legosmith311

The only thing I've seen so far that could be new content in DDD, that I actually haven't heard anyone mention yet, is in one of the snapshots where Riku is linked with 1 or 2 dream eaters fighting the Hunchback of Notre Dam world's boss. At first glance, it looks like the Darkest Fears link style, but if you look closer there's one big difference. In this one Riku has wings, which aren't present in the 3DS version. There is another link style (Rising Wing or something) that does give Riku wings, but then he shouldn't have the claws. I'm curious if this a combination of the two powers or maybe something new?

Hirokey123

Awards
The only thing I've seen so far that could be new content in DDD, that I actually haven't heard anyone mention yet, is in one of the snapshots where Riku is linked with 1 or 2 dream eaters fighting the Hunchback of Notre Dam world's boss. At first glance, it looks like the Darkest Fears link style, but if you look closer there's one big difference. In this one Riku has wings, which aren't present in the 3DS version. There is another link style (Rising Wing or something) that does give Riku wings, but then he shouldn't have the claws. I'm curious if this a combination of the two powers or maybe something new?

I noticed it as well and even did testing to make certain that I wasn't remember incorrectly. Darkest fears doesn't give wings and Rising wing doesn't give claws, you don't gain wings in that battle from being in the air, and the trailer for 2.8 showed regular Rising wing being used. So that picture is impossible unless they've changed the mechanics or visual of darkest fears. It would be cool if they allowed Riku to combine his link styles because it always seemed unfair to me on how Sora gets a massive list of links and dual links while Riku gets a very paltry amount of styles in comparison.

Sandslash

So, since BBS is some sort of "KH0" and it happens 10 years before "KH1", is it safe to assume BBS 0.2 will take place around 2 years after BBS? Kind of makes sense.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

That was pretty much my thoughts on that line.

I also think the person their referring to is Mickey.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Still, on the topic of 2.8, I'm awfully excited, if not only from the one screenshot of Aqua. The Realm of Darkness genuinely looks like a painting; the kind of painting you'd see as the background of an animated Disney movie.

I'm almost 100% certain that it IS a painting, and not an actual built environment

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
That was pretty much my thoughts on that line.

I also think the person their referring to is Mickey.
It'd make sense. BBSV2 was also supposed to cover his and Riku's time in the RoD and we know they got separated at some point with Riku winding up in Castle Oblivion and Mickey only catching up to him at the end of Reverse/Rebirth. So this could easily be covering what Mickey's been doing during that time. And given how it's stated Mickey is telling the story, it's already implying he was there.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
Sooooooo.....does this mean Chi/Unchained is skippable now? Wont lie I have little interest in playing the game itself.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Sooooooo.....does this mean Chi/Unchained is skippable now? Wont lie I have little interest in playing the game itself.

"The KHX Back Cover will be completely new and not just taken from the current games"

​I would say...maybe? Probably not?

Anagram

Banned
Whiiiich doesn't really answer my question. Up in the air then I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back