• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III HD Trailer Released!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeybladeMaster#1

I screamed and got tears of joy when I saw this trailer :'). When I first saw this trailer I thought it was Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix, because it hasn't come out in the US yet. I WILL NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT WAS KINGDOM HEARTS III, because in the articles they kept saying that they wouldn't work on Kingdom Heart III until they finished Versus 13 so when this teaser they left me fucking MINDBLOWN!!!!!!!!!!

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I think they still need to do some work on the colors here and there (some look too light, others look too dark IMO), but man, other than that, it looks amazing. Obviously, this is a very early demo, we'll be getting an older Sora as well so yeah.. we're in for a treat.
Yeah. They should make improvements, but not to the point where it alienates those of us who have gotten used to the art style they've been using. Even Days and Coded looked closer to the PS2 games than this does.

But it still looks amazing.

Terarded

im very impressed! im glad the graphics look the way they do, ive been afraid for all these years that the graphics would change completely to the point that it doesnt feel the same but i think theyve done it perfect, theyve increased the graphics without trying to make it super realistic.

leave it to kingdom hearts to be absolutely perfect.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah. They should make improvements, but not to the point where it alienates those of us who have gotten used to the art style they've been using. Even Days and Coded looked closer to the PS2 games than this does.

But it still looks amazing.

Having gotten used to something is no sound argument to keep it. I am certainly not a graphic junkie who always needs the best of the best, but why would KH III need to look closer to how the PS2 titles did. The PS2 titles are the past.
With this argument you could have also get on and say that Grand Theft Auto should have kept the overhead view because people are used to it or that FF should have kept the style of the PS1 titles like VIII and IX.

Despite the trailer now being just a beta, so there will be adjustments made, the "new" graphic style looks way more close to the actual FMVs.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Having gotten used to something is no sound argument to keep it. I am certainly not a graphic junkie who always needs the best of the best, but why would KH III need to look closer to how the PS2 titles did. The PS2 titles are the past.
With this argument you could have also get on and say that Grand Theft Auto should have kept the overhead view because people are used to it or that FF should have kept the style of the PS1 titles like VIII and IX.

Despite the trailer now being just a beta, so there will be adjustments made, the "new" graphic style looks way more close to the actual FMVs.
Arguably, I don't know how and that's not what I was arguing to begin with. I've seen a lot of graphical similarities between FFX and XIII. I'm just saying that rather than what was in the trailer, which I have not only grown accustomed to but love downright, I'm pretty sure they could've achieved a natural progression without being so stylistically different. However, I have not worked on a game like this so I can't really say anything. At the very least, the look seems to be in the ballpark of what I've speculated in the past(Hardly more detailed than most Disney movies). It's just the shaders on destiny island that threw me. Never had a bone to pick with the Twilight town section.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Arguably, I don't know how and that's not what I was arguing to begin with. I've seen a lot of graphical similarities between FFX and XIII. I'm just saying that rather than what was in the trailer, which I have not only grown accustomed to but love downright, I'm pretty sure they could've achieved a natural progression without being so stylistically different. However, I have not worked on a game like this so I can't really say anything. At the very least, the look seems to be in the ballpark of what I've speculated in the past(Hardly more detailed than most Disney movies). It's just the shaders on destiny island that threw me. Never had a bone to pick with the Twilight town section.

I'd say that depends on what you define as "natural progression" since I didn't notice much difference in style since Sora looks the same as ever except everything being way more polished and the hair being even more detailed than before and the worlds also look way sharper with more contrast (which I guess is because of the shaders).
Only thing I can see is that there might be something off with the environment colors a little, but that may be because it's beta-material.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Yeah, Sora never really bugged me. In fact, I like that they stuck with sort of the play arts look he had in the DDD opening. I already said it was the shaders on DI that I didn't quite like. Yes, you hit the nail on the head with the environment colors. I loved all the detail in the environments, but the colors were not great. I forgot that that was where I wanted more consistency.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, Sora never really bugged me. In fact, I like that they stuck with sort of the play arts look he had in the DDD opening. I already said it was the shaders on DI that I didn't quite like. Yes, you hit the nail on the head with the environment colors. I loved all the detail in the environments, but the colors were not great. I forgot that that was where I wanted more consistency.

It seems that this is what they are aiming for with the characters, making them closer to the FMV-quality.

I see, the colors however may probably really be attributed to it being beta-material.

...or the somewhat overdone brightness actually suggests it is high noon on Destiny Islands with the sun at its peak, indicating a Day-Night-cycle for worlds in KH III. Ok, that's just wishful rambling, lol.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
You know what I actually find interesting? If you watch the KH3 trailer first and then the 1.5 trailer, you'lll notice the music picks up exactly where it left off, basically meaning that if you remove the rating and relocate the in development card, you could edit them togetherquite seamlessly into a(half) comprehensive saga trailer.

Okay, it may nit be that interesting. Just a funny little coincidence.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
kh3_e3_2013-88.jpg

You can view more like that here.

Bobjam

Awards
kh3_e3_2013-88.jpg

You can view more like that here.

When you look at the pictures with Sora facing us when he is running from the heartless shadows his face does look more serious, more determined. Its almost as if that is our true first glimpse of the 'more mature Sora' Square have told us about. Even the icon picture next to his health makes it look so as well.

Bandicoot

Finally! I have been waiting for the beautiful series to make a glorious return to our hearts, I can't wait! :biggrin:

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
He *does* look more determined. I can see where that determination will take him.....all the way to Keyblade Master. That seems to be where his development lies. In DDD, he's cocky, energetic, and acts without thinking. in KH3, he returns a little bit to the way he was in KH1, by having a set goal in mind and really focusing on it.

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
What's up guys? Haven't been here in a while. I don't know about you but once I saw that Disney logo, I just started screaming. I was so happy. I can't wait for this now. So glad they FINALLY released something!

tmp1114

Awards
i think that erauqs keyblade is the key to return heart if that truth then sora will end up finding aqua in relam of darkness that is my guess.

Master Kamui

i officially have a reason to buy a ps4 now!!
it's funny because i only just bought a ps3 a few months ago..so i'm late to the party..
but yeah i can't wait!
since this is just an early demo, they are still working on it ..so i'm guessing that i'll have to wait at least 1 year? hopefully not more than 2. but 2-3 seems the most likely i guess...

i hope this one doesn't end sad or bitter-sweet...i want a really happy ending for once!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
i officially have a reason to buy a ps4 now!!
it's funny because i only just bought a ps3 a few months ago..so i'm late to the party..

Yeah I'm a little late too. Didn't get a PS3 until 2 months ago due to financial reasons.

but yeah i can't wait!
since this is just an early demo, they are still working on it ..so i'm guessing that i'll have to wait at least 1 year? hopefully not more than 2. but 2-3 seems the most likely i guess...

What we saw in the conceptual teaser was in the earliest stages of development. At least 3 years would be my guess, depending on the circumstances.

i hope this one doesn't end sad or bitter-sweet...i want a really happy ending for once!

Unfortunately for us, Nomura's stories generally tend to be just that.

zspek09

Website
instagram.com
This is the most pathetic trailer I have ever seen in my life.

What did you expect? 5 minutes of gameplay? This game hasn't even began full dev yet, and it won't until a year after FFXV as stated by Nomura. He did this for people that keep whining about where KH3 is, and I'm sure you were one of them. Some people can never be pleased. Nomura has been working tireless hours on FFXV. Have you seen the man at E3? Looks worn and weary, and all you can do is complain about how "pathetic" a TEASER trailer is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back