• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Knight's journey: Likke of Twilight

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
alichinorinoa.deviantart.com
revive!!! XDXD the chappie is here...^^;;

Chapter twenty-five:

“Are we there yet?” Likke moaned. She slouched on her chair with her eyes drowsy. An hour and a half have passed since they took off from Hollow Bastion. Even if it wasn’t that long it seemed like they’ve been traveling for days.

Rue looked much sleepier than she was. He looked at her with his nearly closed eyes.

“That’s the tenth time you asked.” Rue complained. He tried to sit straight but to no avail. He still managed to slouch on his chair. “We’ll get there when we get there.”

Donald just stared at them with a blank expression. Even when they’re exhausted, they still manage to argue. “Unbelievable.”, he thought.

While Likke and Rue continued to argue against each other, Sora continued to drive with Riku standing beside him. Sora didn’t take the chance to auto pilot fearing that something might go wrong. Riku glanced back to check how Likke was.

“Are those two alright back there?” Riku wondered. “They seem pretty exhausted.”

Sora shrugged. “Maybe they’re just bored. It has been awhile since we left.”

“Guess so.”

~*~*~*

Avorquin sat on a chair. It was his first time inside her room. The walls were in a dark shade of purple with black curtains hanging on her bed. A couple of dressers, a small table made of oak, and a few chairs were also present. The common objects in the room were her dolls scattered around.

“So, what brings you here?”

“Uhh… well a ship’s coming towards the castle and I uh... just came to tell you.”, he replied uncomfortably.

Antique smiles coldly, “Oh? That’s kind of you Avorquin…but you didn’t have to.”

A cold sweat ran down his neck. “I have a bad feeling about this…”

Meanwhile…

A harsh wind started to blow, the skies ominous and gray in color. Mason trudged down the cobblestone path from the castle to the gates. Reaching the gates, he raised his hand forming a ball of black aura. Wind blew harder as the black aura increased.

He then shouted at the top of his lungs causing the aura to explode into separate directions, producing a barrier around the entire castle. Mason repeated the process but this time, summoned a large army of heartless.

“Let’s see if you’ll get pass this.”, smirked Mason.

~*~*~

“Will you stop arguing already?” shouted Donald. He waved his wings frantically at the both of them. He couldn’t stand another bickering moment. “The two of you are driving me mad!”

“He started it!” countered Likke, pointing at Rue.

“You’ve got no proof, Li.” replied Rue, sticking his tongue out. “So just stay there quietly like a little girl.”

“Why you-” Likke wanted to say another word but a sudden rattling caused her to fall. Loud bangs sounded from the walls of the ship. Rue, Donald and Goofy looked out of the windows. Dozens of winged heartless flew near them, some attacking them with their claws, others attacking with other methods. Riku came running out from the pilot’s room.

“We’re under attack.” Riku said, almost shouting.

“We can see that. Tell us something we don’t know.” Rue murmured.

“I heard that.” said Riku sounding angry. “And at this rate we’ll end up in shambles before we reach our destination.”

“That’s just super.” replied Rue sarcastically, rolling his eyes. He then looked at Likke. “Any ideas how to get out of this mess?”

Sweat ran down her forehead. She couldn’t think of anything at all. Likke clasped her hands together, and closed her eyes. Anything would be worth trying, she thought.

Then let’s try this way… a voice sounded.

“Well? Any bright ideas?”

Likke kept quiet. She headed towards the pilot room where Sora was. Sora tried his best to maneuver the ship away from harm’s way.

“Darn! I can’t shake them off.” Sora shouted.

“Keep going.” said Likke. “I’ll take care of the rest.”

Sora looked at Likke’s face. Their eyes met but something was different. Something wasn’t the same with Likke. It’s like she changed.

“I know what I’m doing so don’t worry.” she smiled.

“Alright then. Full speed!”

Likke closed her eyes then whispered, “Open the path… where angels lose their way…”

A bright light enveloped the whole ship, shielding it from harm. The heartless backed away as quickly as possible.

“Whoa… is Likke doing this?” Donald said in amazement. “She’s better at magic than I thought.”

“It can’t be… how can she… it’s illogical.” Rue shook his head. “How can she use Collsiea’s spell?”

Sora stared wide-eyed with his mouth opened.

“Sora, keep piloting the ship.” Likke continued, “I’ll take us directly to where you need to go…”

Sora did as Likke said and after chanting the same words, the light became brighter and the ship disappeared.

~*~*~

“So, they’re here…”

Mason smirked, his arms folded on his chest. His cold, blue eyes gazed at a faint light twinkling in the distance. It soon then appeared as the gummi ship. It landed gently on the dark ground, opening its door Riku, followed by Rue, Donald and Goofy came out.

“Man, the ship’s looking nasty.” Riku exclaimed at the scratches and depressions engraved on the ship. Sora and Likke then came out afterwards.

“Cid won’t be too happy about this.” said Sora, eying the damage. “It’s a bust.”

Rue gazed at the grayish sky. Clouds on the sky just made it much gloomier. He began walking towards a gate he saw from the distance without waiting for the others. When he was in reach, Likke grabbed him by the arm, pulling him back.

“Don’t go any further. There’s a barrier here.” she said. “Move towards it you’re burned.” Likke went in front of him reaching out her arms. The barrier showed cracks, eventually shattering into fragments vanishing out of existence.

“What the? How can you…”

“It’s safe now. You haven’t changed a bit, have you Rue?”

“You… you’re not…” Likke placed her finger on Rue’s lips, silencing him. She gave a warm smile. “It’s really obvious isn’t it? But I’d rather not be found out ‘kay?... Not yet at the most…”

Rue nodded as Likke withdrew her finger. “We’re here already. Let’s get this over with.”

Last edited:

Haku

<3
Great chapter, they get better and better with each new installment.

Rynxeh

my eternal sonata has ended!
the perpetual light shines the endless abyss of darkness...i follow it only to find another chapter!!
sadly tho, as i continued on, the darkness has spread again...how long till my suffering ends?

Last edited:

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
err sorry for the lateness on the updates ^^;;; its not the chapter yet but just a pre-chapter. still working on it... have to at least finish this chapter before this week ends == ;;;

pre-chapter (Chapter twenty-six: )

Rue and Likke went down ahead the cobblestone path. They tried to act normal hoping the others wouldn’t realize. Sora and the others followed right behind.

Riku’s eyes focused on Likke, then on Rue. “Don’t you think those two are kind of close?”

Sora shrugged. “Maybe they’re finally getting along? Its better that way, don’t you think?” Donald heard Sora and agreed.

“It’ll be quiet for awhile… finally.” Donald sighed.

Likke came close to Rue as they walked. She whispered as soft as possible.

“They’re getting suspicious about us. I better go dormant for now and let Likke control her body…”

Rue nodded. “But before you do, does she know about this?”

She shook her head. “Likke doesn’t know... and don’t tell her. Things will get complicated.”
“Alright. But you’ll be safe, right?” Rue asked nervously. She nodded her head and kept smiling. “As long as Likke’s heart is alright, the same goes for me.” After this, Likke fell to her knees, shaking.

“Hey, you alright there?” Rue asked.

Likke nodded, shaking her head. Her vision was blurry making it hard to make out the surroundings. It took awhile for her vision to return to normal.

“Hey, where are we?” Likke asked. She rubbed her hand against her eyes. “It’s weird… we were on the ship just now right? Then everything after went blank…”

“It’s a long story and we don’t have enough time.”

“Precisely.” A voice started.

The wind began to blow again, picking up speed. After the wind cleared, a man was left standing alone. He wore a long, button down, coal black cloak, with matching black leather boots. He also wore black leather gloves. His ice blue eyes fixed on them.

“Hmm, impressive. You broke the barrier.” He smirked. “What brings you to my territory?”

Light glowed form Rue’s palm, clenching it his keyblade appeared. “Who do you think you are?!”

The man let out a laugh. “I am known as Mason. So… you’re one of those annoying keyblade brats? Then…you’ll all die here and now.”

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
^thanks a bucnh :'D ah here's the next chapter ^^

Chapter Twenty-Six: Confrontation of the two from the past

“So Antique…” gulped Avorquin. “I better go now.”

“So soon? If you must.” Antique waved her hand opening the door. “Thank you for your time.”

“Th-thanks.” Avorquin made a mad dash out of Antique’s room the minute it was wide enough to exit from. Something was really wrong about Antique-something really deep and fearsome. He didn’t want to spend another second within her room.

“He saved himself… what a smart boy…” a voice sounded. It cackled softly, its speaker hidden from sight.

“Indeed… his senses are very accurate my mistress…” said another. “Unlike us, we failed to notice your wonderful abilities.”

Antique chuckled. “No need to be formal. You are my servants and those are such kind words.” She then headed for one of the chairs and rested.

“Ah, let’s anticipate this moment.” Antique said to herself, running her fingers on her long, silvery hair. “It’s a matter of time now.”

*~*~*

“We’re not going to die here, sorry to disappoint you.” Rue answered, holding his key in position, ready to attack.

Mason laughed. “You think you can defeat me? Ah that’s rich…” A black aura emitted from his left hand causing a long spear-like weapon to appear. Its handle, ebony black in color was lined with silver, the blade at the top of the handle curved inward, almost resembling a scythe.

“Try me.”

Rue dashed immediately after, thrusting his keyblade forward. Mason took a step backward then leaped upwards, landing behind Rue. He then struck Rue at the back and attacked him a number of times. Likke acted quickly, sending a bolt of lightning straight at Mason. Mason grinned, tilting to his side avoiding the lightning. Likke ran towards him, taking out her dagger, slashed Mason on his cloak. He in return grabbed Likke by the collar of her top, held her by the neck and held her high up. She didn’t try to struggle free not wanting to risk choking, instead Likke tried stabbing Mason on his arm but to no avail.

“So, how does it feel to run out of air?” he sneered, his grip tightening. Mason lowered Likke a bit and positioned the blade inches from her chest. “Or do you prefer my weapon to pierce your heart?”

Losing strength, the dagger slipped off her hand, falling on the cobblestone ground.

“Let go of her!”

Riku appeared right behind Mason, slashed his Way to the dawn on his arm causing his hand on Likke to let go. Riku caught her before she touched the ground.

“Are you alright?” he asked. His voice filled with worry.

Likke could only nod. She coughed and gasped but she showed him she was alright. Riku sighed in relief.

“How precious… you’ll have company. Now both of you can-”

A bullet shot out of nowhere, hitting Mason’s shoulder. A trail of crimson dripped down his arm.

“They’re not your opponent… I am.”

Triggerhappy stood holding her gunblade in one hand, her other hand in the pocket of her cloak. She aimed her gunblade directly at Mason’s head, her finger placed at the trigger.

“You kids get out of here.” She said glancing both at Riku and Likke. Her attention focused back again at Mason, who grasped his arm tightly, trying to slow down the bleeding. ”I need to take care of unfinished business.”

“Are you serious?!” Likke exclaimed.

“I’m always serious. Now go!”

Riku helped Likke back on her feet. Sora caught up and walked near Rue, checking his condition. Rue groaned, rubbing his back. Once he got up on his knees, Sora, Likke, Riku, Donald and Goofy headed down towards the castle. Mason attempted to follow but unable to do so. Triggerhappy stepped in front, preventing him form going anywhere.

“So, what’s a lady like you have anything to do with me?” spoke Mason.

“Cut the talk and shut it!” she sneered. Her gunblade trembled with anger in her hand. “You jerk! Why are you still alive?!”

Another strong gust of wind blew past. None of the two moved an inch from their spot. With sheer force, Mason’s weapon pierced down on the ground. He gazed at Triggerhappy for sometime before he familiarized her.

“Ebony black hair, luminous green eye… ah, now I remember. You’re that girl aren’t you?” he grinned at her, eyeing her gunblade. “No mistake about it… it is you. But you’re not even supposed to exist, right? So how different are we?”

“I’m not like you! I’m not a psychopath bent on the destruction of everything!” Triggerhappy yelled, grasping the handle of her gunblade. She ran towards him with great speed, pulling out a dozen of slashes. Triggerhappy moved so fast, Mason was unable to react fast enough to block most of her slashes. Each slash landed on to his cloak with streaks of crimson dripping out.

She then stopped and withdrew back, panting heavily, sweat ran down her neck.

“How could you… How could you…” she mumbled under her breath. “The only person I loved risked his life to finish you! Now he died in vain… I’ll make you pay!”

Haku

<3
First comment! Awesome chapter, looking forward to the next edition.

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
thanks for the comments guys :3 ah this is just a pre-chapter ^^;;; its kinda concentrated on tri and the bad guy in this one. their conversation has little to do with the story ^^;;

Chapter twenty-seven: Prechapter

Beads of sweat formed on her forehead. Her eyes narrowed straight at Mason, who cringed in pain. Triggerhappy bit her bottom lip, her head filling with anger.

“Tell me,” she spoke, keeping her temper, “How are you… still alive?”

Mason laughed softly. With the help of his scythe-like weapon for support, he stood facing her.

“More or less, the same way as you…”

Triggerhappy took hold of her gunblade again. “What do you mean by that?”

“After ‘he’ killed me off it’s obvious that I died. You saw my dead body lying on ground with all life drained from me. Don’t you remember?” He laughed running his hand on his snow-white hair. “But did you think I’ll die that easily? Sheer willpower and with the help of the darkness, my soul left my dead-forgotten body but remained alive… if you call it alive …and eventually formed a new body which you see now.”

“But with your case, it’s still different… when your past self died; your strong will was enough to keep your shattered soul intact but not enough to keep your memories... isn’t that why you spent the last pathetic years wandering mindlessly in hopes to find more about yourself and hoping to find ‘him’,?”

Feelings of detest ran through her veins. Anger got the best of her, causing her to fire several bullets at him. Each of the silver projectiles landed on Mason’s slashed body, most of them on his arm.

An agonized moan echoed around the somewhat barren area. Triggerhappy stared without any emotion at the man before her. She didn’t feel the slight pity or guilt; only bitter hatred. No word could describe exactly how she felt.

So… are you satisfied yet? A voice whispered of gentle tone.

“This is all that I can ever want…I can get even but…” her words softly came to life. “I don’t know why there’s this hesitation.”

Do you really think everything will be fine after you quench you thirst for revenge?

“At least I hope so…”

It’s not too late to start over. There are still things that you can do.

“If there is… would it be better than this?”

Of course! Take it from me, if you stop now you’ll enjoy life or my name isn’t Kirin- sorceress extraordinaire!

The gentle voice slowly vanished into silence. Wind blew gently on her face, brushing her short black hair. Her eye then gazed at the blade of her weapon. Streaks of crimson splattered against the steel blade, dripping along the sides of the grooves. Her arm wiped the stains off, then placed it back on a case on her back.

Recovering little strength, Mason regained a standing position. He focused on her with eyes half-closed. “What? Still feel like taking your revenge on me?”

“Of course. You made me suffer but... this doesn’t seem right... ” she stated, lowering her gunblade. “I… I won’t end it like this. It’s not worth it.”

Triggerhappy turned her back around him and walked away, each step drawing them further apart. Soft taps sounded as her feet walked on the ground. Placing her hands inside pockets of her cloak, thoughts whirled inside her head.

Is everything going to be over soon?

Yeah. Once we teach him a lesson, everything’s gonna be fine again!

I hope so. I wanna go back to our island as soon as we rescue my sister… and stop uh… what was his name again?

It’s not really important but can this ship be any slower?

No need to rush, we’ll get there… you got to have patience, right Raine?

“Yeah… patience… too bad I never practiced it.” Triggerhappy chuckled softly.

Mason held up his hand, gasping heavily. Mass of dark aura filled his hand, forming into a ball. He aimed it at Triggerhappy’s back, making sure that there would be no chance of missing. The mass of energy shot of his hand with a loud, ear-splitting bang heading towards her. Her ears picked up the loud screeching noise only to notice that it was closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back