• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

~ Life ~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
For the first class of the day, it was pretty dull. First, a 5th grade level pop quiz. Then the teacher just went on and on how he will teach the class. By his stature, Toni could tell he was new. Sarcasm and jokes were also a sign of nervousness. She knew the other students will toy with him to no end. Poor guy. This class would be getting out of control soon. Toni would just have to try to ignore the idiots around her to get work done. Just like old times.

Having nothing else to do while the other students finished their current assignment, Toni brought out one of her many fantasy books. This one was brand new. The smell of fresh pages of a new story was paradise. The book was called Journey of One Thousand Steps. The title drew Toni most of all. The cover was plain, footsteps in sand. It was, despite the title, was a fantasy book. Two of the footprints were not human, maybe dragon or griffin. Toni loved the world of fantasy. It was unique, unpredictable, and exciting. Much better than real life. Others would mock her for this little hobby. She ignored them, but one in particular stood out.

Maybe if you put the friggen' book down for once, people would see you and you wouldn't be friendless

Oh how did Alexander bother her even when he was not around. His constant pestering of getting new friends did not leave her alone. True, a friend would be nice to have. If only one worthy would come by. She thought of the boy who had just ditched her for the girl Tami. He still had a chance. Maybe it could work out. She turned toward where Chris and Tami sat. Nausea crept up Toni's stomach. She could never start a conversation from nothing. Hell, talking was just as hard. Curse this shy attitude of mine..Just think of something reasonable to talk about. Or ask for. Ya. That's it. Ask for something.. Sucking in all the courage she had, for the first time, Toni addressed someone.

"Um..excuse m-me. Do you have an eraser on you? I seemed to m-misplace mine.."

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
“Yeah I guess so,” replied Chris giving a slight laugh as the teacher approached them. It wasn’t the best joke. But Chris wasn’t about to judge that. Highschool was interesting that way. Most people didn’t make jokes. You said something, and sometimes it was funny, and sometimes you got beat up. That was the way humor went sometimes. But Chris laughed anyway, because it was the polite thing to do… But somewhere in the back of his head, he was sure he remembered a study saying that people are more attractive when they laugh…

However his laughter faded as he saw the teacher approach. He didn’t remember this teacher’s name; in fact, he rarely remembered people’s names at all… But he could recognize a little test from a mile away, and his chocolate brown orbs flashed lightly as the snow white sheet was gracefully slipped in front of him, like a snowflake falling to the brown ground of his desk. His eyes turned from Tami for a moment and focused on the test, scanning the freshly printed crispness with an air of questioning… History… All those dates… Inky black question after inky black question leapt out at him from the whiteness, and he blinked, no answers immediately coming to his mind as he skimmed over many of the questions. The scratching of a pen however, awoke him from his revelry, and he turned his head sideways to catch a glance of Tami, who was already circling answers as if her life depended on it, a new question circled every second as her pen danced on the page like a strange ice skater upon the frozen paper. He blinked, awed by the ferocity in which she answered the questions… He had known Tami was smart, but he had never expected this… The pen seemed so vigorous in her soft hands, scratching a pleasant rhythm in the paper as it swept across the page. It rocked back and forth, inscribing its pleasant ink on the white paper, and Chris’s eyes glazed over, his mind drifting from the now as that rhythm of the pen on paper drifted through his mind. Her eyes were set on the questions, focused and set as she moved her hand along with infinite poise and grace. She had bent over slightly in order to write on the paper, and in her leaning over, she had unfortunately, presented Chris with a bit more view then she had probably intended…

But the teacher coughed suddenly while handing out papers, and it jolted Chris back into reality, and he quickly glanced down at his paper, feelings of guilt racing through his veins… Come one now, stay in control, he thought hard to himself, forcing himself to remain focused on his questions, his pen in hand as he began circling answers. He blinked hard, using as much determination as he could muster this early in the morning to remain focused on his paper and not on Tami… God, this could only get worse if another beautiful girl paid him a call…

"Um..excuse m-me. Do you have an eraser on you? I seemed to m-misplace mine.."

Chris looked up, the quiet voice ringing in his voice like bells in an empty sanctuary. His eyes lit upon a timid looking girl, leaning back and looking at him, and his mind blanked, the sheer irony of it striking him as hard as his Master’s foot during sparring. Another girl. Talking to him. And pretty too. Could things get any harder for him?

“Uh, sure,” he replied, trying to be casual, turning to his left to reach into his bag, his body bending over as he leaned down into his plain black backpack, scanning the contents of his bag for some form of eraser. Come on now, you’ve got to have one here… he thought desperately, his hand flicking around in the bag like a snake’s tongue, sliding in and out to taste the air, searching for its next delicious meal… Somehow Chris was now associated success at finding an eraser at success in talking with a girl. How pathetic was that?

Pathetic or not, Chris found what he sought. A plain, beaten red and white eraser lay tucked within the bowels of his dark bag. Although faded, it looked more pink now, it was very usable, and he grinned silently from where he was hidden, closing his fingers around the small bauble before glancing up, preparing to return to the classroom’s atmosphere. This unfortunately, would prove to be an unfortunately fortunate move. For you see, as his eyes turned upward, seeking the brightness of the World History classroom, they instead alighted on a slightly more curved object, one sitting only a few inches from Chris’s down turned head. Although Chris’s head was facing downward, his eyes were now mere inches from Tami’s hips, which sat there plainly as she took her test, the flowing fabric of her skirt cutting a bit too short for God’s taste… Chris froze for a moment, his eyes frozen, like a deer’s caught in a headlight before he gulped silently, bringing his head and body up so he was back in a sitting position, looking none the worse for wear. He quickly brushed some of his long hair off his face, breathing only slightly faster as he turned toward the girl who had requested the eraser, who still sat there, looking at him. It was only then that he recognized her. It was her that sat in the front of the class. And now additional guilt flowed through his veins, one brought upon by the failure to keep his commitment. He had resolved to sit next to her; to keep her company in the midst of rude whispers. But he had forgotten about her the moment Tami had opened her beautiful red lips… Shame now swarmed around his head like a horde of flies, and he sighed in his mind, giving the girl a soft smile as he handed her his eraser.

“Here you go,” he said, smiling nicely, his mind racing as he tried to figure out how to make up from his past mistake… Come on, figure out a way…, “I’m sorry; I didn’t catch your name before. Starts with a ‘T’, I know…” He laughed lightly at these words, while he held out the eraser for her to take. Maybe he could still help end her loneliness despite his screw up… He who helps the least of these, helps me…

OOC: Hey all participants; if you wish, please make Gym you next period. This will allow all characters to have a class together.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Toni sat there for awhile as Chris fumbled for the item in his backpack. This also brought an opportunity to see the students in the back. Stares. Long, hateful stares. It seemed like the simple action of turning around brought the attention of everyone on herself. Every fiber of her being was secretly shouting at Chris to find the stupid little eraser. Then, the eraser appeared before her eyes. Chris gave her a soft smile, laughing even. Toni felt her skin burn for every second that smile stood. Fumbling herself, she took the eraser. She was not surprised that he responded to her. She was surprised it was not dripping with sarcasm or other insults.

"Well, ya..Its Tony..I mean Tamy! I mean..I mean.Toni! T-O-N-I!"

Chuckles from the others struck Toni silent. She turned around, hiding her embarrassment. Finally. A chance to meet someone new and I blew it. Oh Toni. What a fool you are... Turning back to her book, she did not want nothing more than for the period to end. Odd, for the bell to ring at that exact moment. The other students piled out of the class like wild beasts until only Tami, Toni, and Chris were left. After packing her belongings, Toni decided to take another crack at friendship.

"Well, it was nice m-meeting you Chris. It is Chris, right? See you, you know, around. Maybe?..Haha..Bye."

If there was ever a class for talking, Toni would have failed it completely. Now one can see why Toni has little friends. Thepoor thing does not have the courage to make any. Only a little guts ( and the thought of Alex bugging her again ) drove her to speak. Still, it was a rather pathetic try. She was not in her element, so to speak. The next class wouldn't help either. Gym was probably the only class Toni hated. Taking a final look at her schedule, she trudged on.

"Why does the principal or whoever makes these things mock me so? Why do I need so many years of Gym anyways?"

ooc- Sorry to rush things along, but it is getting a tad boring ._.

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Depends upon the day and if there is free pizza.
" And so, the Ancient Civilizations of the East were the cradle of life as we know it."

And so, Alexander A. Marseille suffered through the vast and incalculable bore that was his Ancient Eastern Civilizations class. God had placed no greater curse upon man and all his children than the voice of Mr. Steinbeck and the exhaustingly boring topics of which he spoke. The rotund, soporific teacher droned on and on about subjects Alexander really couldn't have cared less about. Far beyond the point of no return, Alexander's attention had shifted to the schedule he now held in his hand. Even it its simplicity and featurelessness, the bit of paper was infinitely more interesting that whatever bland subject Mr. Steinbeck was prattling on about.

A smile was brought to Alexander's face. His next class would allow him to exert that iron will of his, as wel as allow him to show off the body a smmer's worth of gym membership brought him. As of very late last school year, Alexander was admitted as an aide to one of the gym teachers. In effect, this was little more than simply giving Alexander a whistle, partial charge of a gym class, and telling him to "have at it." Alongside one of the female students, and an almost eternally-absent teacher, Alexander was able to boss around basically anyone he liked. Oh, how he would enjoy it.

The bell rang. Alexander, with the pride and grace that can come only from extreme self-confidence and perhaps just a little endowment from God that made him eternally sure of himself, strode out into the hallway with a grin upon his face. He didn't even bother to look to see if the blue-headband girl had gotten out of class. To be quite honest, he didn't really care. He was on his way to gym class, his 45 minutes of daily dominion over other people. No greater joy existed in the world.

Except drinking...

and perhaps the occasional cigarette...

...and sex....

Okay, so there were far greater joys in the world. Regardless, Alexander was focused upon the one for which he was bound. He could almost smell the sweet fear of freshman and the burning hatred of some of the juniors. He couldn't wait to squash them, to put them in their place. If he was lucky, he'd get to show off a bit as well.

ooc: maybe it's not quite obvious, but I hope you all realize that Alexander's character is nothing short of a jab at horny teenagers. No one's THAT confident. xD

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
ooc- I do believe this rp is as good as dead =< No one else wants to

Ah, gym. The smell of sweat, blood, and tears. There was quite a number of reasons why Toni detested Gym. One that tops her list would be the uniform. Why do the girls have to wear such short shorts? If they were any shorter they would be underwear. She was a little insecure about her own figure. The boys making cat calls, wolf whistles, and such. Of course, not at her, but they still bothered her.

Another factor would be the actual class. Toni was never brawny. The things they did in Gym never really made her at all interested. When was it necessary to climb a rope in real life? And how many people get to go rock climbing? And what was up with all the running? They did it everyday but it never was recorded. Stupid school can't teach Gym right. Or they should not at all. No purpose in a school anyways..

Since it was the first day, it was a simple introduction to the equipment, field, teachers, and so on. They got their Gym clothes as well. As other kids were at the front, mostly new ones, were carefully listening to the overly sized teacher, Toni head to the back. She already knew what he was going to say by heart. No use in listening to known information.

"I really hope I don't make a fool of myself this time. That damn rope embarrasses me every time!"

Last edited:

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
"Hmmm?"

The bell distracted Chris from any further conversation with Toni and Tami. The screeching ring of the signal to next period rattled his mind like a shockwave through his mind... This simple sound acted as a catalyst, a reminder, and suddenly Chris's eyes widened. Aw crud...

"Guess I'll see you guys later," he said to them, nodding to each of them respectively and simling lightly as he turned to the door, making his way briskly out to the hallway as his mind raced over a single simple thought. He had gym next... and that meant changing... and very unfortunately, he had just realized that he had left his gym clothes in his locker... far on the other end of the school... He had better get there quickly... His feet slapped against the ground quietly, drowned out in the growing loudness of the school hallway. Girls giggling and hugging. Guys laughing and slapping high fives. Teachers bellowing against the flow of students, shouting undecipherable orders to those milling around in the hallways. Yet there was some beauty in the chaos. Like there was a calming factor in the raging speed in a school hallway. Nothing quite like the majesty of a raging river.

"Excuse me," he muttered slightly, making his way past two particularly wide Seniors, slipping past the two behemoths so that he finally was able to reach the row of lockers stretching across the wall like the green scales of the ancient biblical Leviathian of the Old Testament... He reached out his hand to grasp the cool metal of his lock, and twirled the circle expertly beneath his long, thin fingers. The ebony black disks pun like a top, a few barely audible clicks radiating outward before the locker opened up with a short clang. There lay his gym clothes, grouped in a clump atop a set of other nameless school text-books. He grabbed them, and in a single swoop, stuffed them into his bag, slinging the black backpack over his shoulder once more as he shut his locker quickly, turning his eyes back toward the end of the hall, where the gym lay... He had better move quick. These bells got shorter and shorter every year...

OOC: this pretty much blows, but it'll have to do.

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Depends upon the day and if there is free pizza.
Alexander had barely touched his locker before he had opened it and removed his gym clothes from within. Comprised of a pair of black shorts and a plain white, his clothes were truly nothing special. However, in this particular instance, he was far more concerned with the displaying of his body rather than the clothes he wore. Such was the joy of teenage arrogance. The pallid green locker was mercilessly dirty on the outside, no doubt the remnant of some poor past senior's bad lunch or equally horrendous hangover. It was disgusting, yes, but Alexander doubted he would have to live with it for long. He had every confidence that he could easily either talk, manipulate, or bully some poor child out of their locker and make use of it. Their possessions weren't nearly as important as his own, anyway.

A loud, abrasive slam later, Alexander had closed his locker rather brutally and was relaxedly making his way towards gym. His usual smile was present, as Alexander himself was gleeful at any opportunity he had to gain power over other people, limited though it may be. With an inordinately epic push that Alexander still somehow deemed fitting for someone of his stature, he entered the gym and looked around. Few students had actually come yet, though it deserves mention that Alexander, despite his languid pace, reached his destination rather quickly due to his excitement. The others would surely come all at once, in some frenzied tidal surge of haste, panic, and hormones.

A look behind him proved Alexander right. Thourgh the miniscule windows of the gym doors, Alexander could see the distant form of a crashing surge of students, some of which were lost and others that may very well have been running alongside them simply for the fun of it. Alexander was no stranger to such situations. He too had occasionally joined in on some random event for the pure joy of having done so, logic be damned.

With a laugh, Alexander calmly made his way towards the men's locker rooms. He had no doubt that the rushing stampede of students would catch up with and eventually overtake him. Alexander had no problems with that. Either way, he was still the teacher's aide, alongside one of the top female students. Whether they changed before, after, or alongside him was irrelevant.

Alexander could only hope that there were new lambs to be brought to the slaughter. The constant demeaning of "used goods" was much too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back