• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

" Man Poisons His Family Over MMO Addiction"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RikusGaurdian

"According to the Shanghai Daily, a 22 year old man poisoned his family over the online game Legend. It seems that Hu Ange was struggling with mental illness, and played Legend excessively. His family gave him 50,000 yuan (over $7,000) in March of 2007 to support his seafood business, but Ange spent that money on the game instead. Though facts are somewhat unclear, it appears likely he spent the money on in-game micro-transactions, buying weapons and other items.

In June of 2007, Ange poisoned his father over his online addiction. The father received medical help and survived. One month later, in July of 2007, Ange made his parents lunch, which he again poisoned. He went into another room to play Legend, ignoring his mother’s cries for help. He was sentenced to death by a Chinese court. He’s appealing based on the officially recognized mental illness “online addiction”, and may receive a mitigated sentence as a result."
- mmohub.org

Sources:Man Poisons His Family Over MMO Addiction | Free Online Mmorpgs and MMOs
Killer seeks appraisal for Internet addiction -- Shanghai Daily | 上海日报 -- English Window to China New

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
It's just so awful how immersed people these days are in media and games. This man should be locked away in an asylum or clinic.

D

Deleted member 36435

Wow, that's really pathetic.
I mean it's one thing to get into the game but to poison your family over it is just terrible.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
i would've lol'd

but no where in the article does it imply that he did this because of his addiction. it's implied that he's a crazy little fucker, but that's it.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
I read the title and thought that the guy put absinthe in everyone's cereal or something :/

I did that once
That was one brilliant waste of a day...

tl;dr no one really cares any more, these stories just seem to get suckier and suckier over time.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
HOLY SHIT VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES CAUSE FAMILY POISONING.

Media needs to kick itself in the ass, lol.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
It is stories like this that end up causing all the blame for violence of the world to be blamed on video games. I mean come on if your going to poison over a game at least play a better MMO.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Wow, that's all I can say.

Who seriously does that? I wish I had that money though, that way I could feed the poor and then make them my slaves.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
I could buy a good TV with it. And I would.

And then poisen the poor, just to spite you and your slaves.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
This is a bit like that girl that killed herself because her ex-friend's parents harassed her over a myspace page.

They were both already suffering with a deep mental disorder, so they would have done something else bad regardless. You can't blame the internet/video games. Sure they're addicting, but no normal sane person would do what they did.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
*gasps* You wouldn't dare to make that move Stavvy.

Even if you might, it won't happen unless I get the money first.

^ lol

Awards
the parent's fault for being retarded enough to eat lunch made by the son who tried to poison them previously

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Well, there's the possibility the son had built their trust up again and acted normal.
And then as soon as they trusted him enough to eat his meal, he would succeed in killing them. A whole Light Yagami complex.

But this is just sickening. He ignored his mother's cries for help as he played Legend? Wtf? That's no longer addiction. That's just being a murderer. He had no reason to kill them, in fact, their money was used to fund his freaking game. He didn't have a viable reason to even be angry with them and kill them because of his addiction. He just flat out murdered them, and I hope the courts see it as not a symptom of online addiction, but just a sign of first-degree murder.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
It's just so awful how immersed people these days are in media and games. This man should be locked away in an asylum or clinic.
you know maybe instead of helping people we should just lock them away

or better yet, kill them! that would be very splendid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back