• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mission mode character discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
i've noticed that every time mission mode is brought up in another thread, people start to go off topic.

mostly due to which character one prefers to play as.

so what character(s) do you prefer to play as? and if you feel like going into it, what equipment do you use for said character?

oh and you mod's looking at this thread, feel free to move this/ close this if you feel the need.
(though i see no reason to..)

XYZ

Saïx + Zero Gear + 4 Power Units = The Best.
Roxas + Zero Gear+ 3 Ability Units and 1 Sleight Unit + High Lv. = Fun.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
I've only played as Axel and Riku so far, but I will say this; Riku stabs a lot.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Roxas or Saix, because they, for me, offer the best balance of all the stats, with good speed to boot.

Rex

I love Roxas, but i didn't unlock him with the two keyblades yet.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
Saïx + Zero Gear + 4 Power Units = The Best.
Roxas + Zero Gear+ 3 Ability Units and 1 Sleight Unit + High Lv. = Fun.

Yuck. Saix with Power Units? Really? Give him 4 Sight Units and the Critical Sun and he gets upwards of a 50% critical chance. Every single finisher becomes a crit. He cuts through the Dustflier like a hot knife through butter.

I prefer Xaldin with the Pandora's Gear, 3 Ability Units, and a Power Unit (can be any; all are just +1 :\). He kicks some serious ass. His air combo takes off a good half of a bar from any enemy in the game, bosses take only slightly less. His ground combo has like three finisher-strength blows in it (meaning blows which stagger even the opponents which do not stagger) and is pretty sweet as well. Equip him with some Aeroga spells and he is nigh untouchable in most missions.

I never play as Roxas, simply because I played as him too much in Story Mode already. D: If I wanna use a Keyblader, I use Xion. She has the same stats anyway, and Dual-Wield Roxas is shitty. His combo strings are far too long and far too weak... You nearly always need to end them early to get any substantial damage done to enemies.

Xigbar with the Zero Gear is godly... Give him some Power Units and he can really cause some hurt. His range allows him to keep most enemies away. If an enemy gets in close, you can cancel out of his ground combo with a Y and backflip away, taking no damage. Just gotta remember to remove Sliding Dash and to have a high Air Dash equipped, as a lot of Xigbar gameplay consists of distancing yourself from the enemy to shoot them from afar. He could probably kick ass against the Dustflier. Haven't tried yet.

Donald is really really epic. I haven't played with Gears for him, though I imagine his Zero Gear weapon is the best. His spells do TONS of damage, usually cutting off multiple bars of health from the opponents. He doesn't need many of the usually standard abilities, so he's capable of holding a LOT of magic, Hi-Ethers, and Elixirs in his panels. <3

Lastly, Mickey with the D Omega. Every other weapon for him pales in comparison. This thing has a near-endless air combo which barely breaks between the end of one and the beginning of the next, meaning he can essentially lock his opponents out of attacks if they're in the air. His Magic is very high, too, so he can easily strike from afar with some powerful blasts of spells or up close with Blizzaga (my favorite~) and freeze them so his infinite-air-combo can deal triple damage.

XYZ

Lastly, Mickey with the D Omega. Every other weapon for him pales in comparison. This thing has a near-endless air combo which barely breaks between the end of one and the beginning of the next, meaning he can essentially lock his opponents out of attacks if they're in the air. His Magic is very high, too, so he can easily strike from afar with some powerful blasts of spells or up close with Blizzaga (my favorite~) and freeze them so his infinite-air-combo can deal triple damage.
I was really looking forward to using Starseeker, but its moveset is terrible. Juuuuust terrible. Kingdom Key DΩ really is full of win. Especially the ground finisher. That little tornado twirly attack rips some new ones.

Edit: I totally meat Sight Unit, not Sleight Unit btw.. And you're right about using them with Saïx. Thanks.

Last edited:
so i just tried duel wielding roxas in mission mode and it was pretty damn fun.

i love lexaeus though. i don't care if he's slow, he's so god damn strong it makes up for it.

Rikoon

I play most of the characters, and I don't know much about weapon strength and such, but I usually use Zero Gear or Casual Gear. Casual Gear is weaker, but it's funny sometimes.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
I usually play as all of the characters, but my top two are Saix and Xaldin I suppose. Marluxia and Lexaeus are close too.

The only characters I'm really bad with are Xigbar, Zexion, and I "think" Vexen and Donald.

XYZ

I feel the need to withdraw my statement about using Saïx with Zero Gear ( 4 Sight Units) and the Critical Sun Accessory. I don't know what level you are at, but this really isn't that good of a set up. When I was using Saïx with Zero Gear ( 4 Power Units) and the Witch's Chaos accessory, every hit was a critical hit. But with the 4 Sight units and Critical Sun, it seems like every other finisher was critical. I guess it's because Saïx went from 224 Str to 180something..

keyking

i like roxas (dual wielding, only at realy high levels...)
lexaeus because of uber-strength
Xaldin, because hes faster than lex but is just barely weaker
micky, because when you dodgeroll over and over he looks awsome. DO A BARREL ROLL!
riku, just cuz.
and... thats realy it.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
I haven't really explored much of the playable characters but I can say I just usually stick with Roxas.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Still need to unlock Mickey and Sora.
Anyone know how to unlock Mickey? He's the one I'm more interested in.

So far, my favorites are probably Lexaeus (slow, yet tons of damage) and Saïx. And I play as Xion, because I'm tired of playing as Roxas.
Xigbar isn't that bad, I think it's just the reloading, and the aiming's a little hard. It can do a lot of damage.

So far, my favorites are probably Lexaeus (slow, yet tons of damage) and Saïx. And I play as Xion, because I'm tired of playing as Roxas.
Xigbar isn't that bad, I think it's just the reloading, and the aiming's a little hard. It can do a lot of damage.

complete all missions for mickey. complete all missions 100% for sora.

3keybladewielder

C2's Warlock

xigbar is pretty bad against flying enemies since most just fly above his shooting range

WwhiptailwW

I don't wanna sound boring, but I love playing as everyone depending on which mood I'm in.

I think my absolute favourites though are Donald, Roxas, Xion, Mickey, Vexen, Zexion, Axel, Marluxia and Demyx... but I really do love everyone else too! It's too hard for me to choose. I love Larxene's super fast attacks, Xigbar's uniqueness, Xemnas' epicness... I could really go on for a long time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back