• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Most Emotional KH Moments

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I think the title speaks for itself?

For me, the Sora vs. Roxas fight is certainly up there, together with Sora vs. Rinzler (and what happened after that) in DDD. These fights and moments just… it's so good. Not to forget Terranort vs. Aqua!

Other than that, the 1.000 Heartless fight is super emotional for me - it makes me happy, I get all bumped up! The music, the cutscene, everything just works.

Now's your turn! Which are the most emotional KH moments for you?

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
- KH1 ending because I will always remember the first time I saw it.

- Sora vs Roxas of course, one of my favorite scenes.

- World Terminus in KH1! I'm weak to everything and anything even vaguely nostalgic, and seeing all the worlds you visited again one more time before the end just gets to me.

- Going back to Traverse Town in Coded, I hadn't played CoM when it came out so for me it was the first time returning there after KH1 and it felt like home.

- The whole stuff going on at the end of Days with Riku trying to sort the situation out and figure out how to save Sora, Roxas finally kinda knowing what's up, I love it. It's a shame Days didn't do justice to it, because Deep Dive is still the coolest shit I've ever seen and that time period in the KH timeline is my absolute fave. KH2 days were the golden time.

KH1 gummi ship missions also get me quite emotional but not in the good way.

Not Ienzo

Website
www.fanfiction.net
- Pretty much all of Hollow Bastion and End of the World in KH1. The whole endgame gave me feels, basically. All the plot twists really surprised me the first time I played it and it all felt epic.

- Sora vs Roxas in KH2. The music, the difficulty of the fight, everything. I also really liked Roxas's opening, personally. How things started to gradually get weirder, Roxas meeting Axel, realizing that everything around him isn't real, eventually accepting his fate...when I got to play as Sora, I kinda missed Roxas (edit: that was an understatement. I actually missed him a lot. ono)

- All the final fights in BBS, and Blank Points. Mostly Aqua's fights: Venitas (I really like the song for that fight, it sounded both heavenly and foreboding at the same time) and Terranort. Speaking of Terra, I really loved playing as the Lingering Will against Terranort. Even if Terra failed in the end, it was really cool seeing him resist for that moment and confront Xehanort.

Last edited:

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
End of KH2 made me so weepy eyed when I first played it, it was such a happy moment. In DDD when Sora finally gets Tron to snap out of it and then Tron protects him but Tron plunges and Sora almost caught him by like a hair, that scene always gets me. In KH2 with the scenes when Roxas fights Axel and afterward sees Sora, that really got emotional for me. :'D

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I'd have to say Sora vs Riku in KH1. You could feel the tension between them grow throughout the game which eventually leads to Sora being at his lowest, by losing his friends and Keyblade, and Riku wanting to beat Sora so badly that he goes past that point of no return by giving way to Ansem. Definitely hit the emotions hard.

My second is probably Repliku's entire story. He gets abused by Larxene, betrayed by Vexen and then you see that he was fearful of having his memories replaced. Namine later has to shatter his heart. He eventually redeems himself and helps Sora and Namine, but is still haunted by the fact that he is fake which leads him to kill Zexion in a desperate attempt to gain his own unique identity. Repliku, angered that Riku is real, feels like he has no other choice but to face Riku in a final confrontation. When you consider all this it really makes you feel sorry for him because his entire existence was a nightmare and it's only emphasized by the fact that except for the cameo in DDD there's no guarantee that he'll ever come back.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
When Sora tells Namine to make him as he was after Marluxia is killed. She seemed hopeful that he would choose to remember her and the castle instead of his old memories. She was obviously holding back hurt when he told her he wanted his old memories. It wasn't overblownly done, but nice subtle and effective.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd pick Goofy and Donald saving sora from Larxene in CoM. I was really touched that they stilled cared for Sora despite him lashing out and abandoning them. It speaks volumes of the strength of their bond.

Rosebudx

Awards
Agh, there's so many to choose from.

Sora's Sacrifice is right up there. Everything from the music to Sora's fake smile is just on point. This moment is just heart-wrenching for so many reasons: Kairi finally wakes up, and runs to Sora only for him to disappear. Donald and Sora bickered so much during the game, but Donald is the one who runs screaming to him and begs for him to come back. Goofy is paralyzed by the shock of watching his new friend vanish. I cry every time.

Otherwise, there are a few other ones. Riku accepting that he needs to use the darkness is emotional, but not necessarily sad. Aqua's entire life is just one blow to the metaphorical heart after another. Roxas's too.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Once you realize most "deaths" mean nothing, every moment where a character sacrifices themselves loses most of its emotional impact. Though seeing Ansem the wise alone in the realm of darkness was pretty emotional, he was an alright dude.

Veevee

Awards
- Roxas vs Sora

- Ending of KH1

- Aqua, "there's always a way"; "I am master Aqua ... now return my friend's heart or pay the price!"; "Now ... I can be one ... with darkness ..."

- The meeting between Sora and Roxas in DDD

- the moment Riku passes the MoM and Sora gets super excited ... I found this so cute and so lovely because it showed Sora's love to his friend so perfectly

- ending of KH2 when they are sitting on the beach and talking

- Xion's death scene

- Axel, "I would.", death scene

- Isa / Lea in BBS because it always makes me sad how they were such good friends and fell apart in such a cruel way ...

- the moment in the 0.2 opening where TAV is united and separated, the desperate look on their faces in that moment twists my stomach

- Riku, "No. It's the way to dawn."

- meeting the Lingering Will in KH2 and listening to him, I got the feeling I felt his rage with the music

- the appearance of Ventus in Union Cross, I felt so much rage at Nomura xD

Awards
Sora's Sacrifice is right up there. Everything from the music to Sora's fake smile is just on point. This moment is just heart-wrenching for so many reasons: Kairi finally wakes up, and runs to Sora only for him to disappear. Donald and Sora bickered so much during the game, but Donald is the one who runs screaming to him and begs for him to come back. Goofy is paralyzed by the shock of watching his new friend vanish. I cry every time.
THIS!!!
- the appearance of Ventus in Union Cross, I felt so much rage at Nomura xD
Ventus's appearance in KHX actually makes sense given how vague Xehanort was about his origins in his reports and considering his obsession towards the keyblade war.

Caxinuld

Awards
You know what makes Sora's sacrifice even sadder? The Hikari instrumental that plays never got an official release. That is one of my favourite versions of the song and it's disappointing to see it has never been released at all.

Veevee

Awards
THIS!!!

Ventus's appearance in KHX actually makes sense given how vague Xehanort was about his origins in his reports and considering his obsession towards the keyblade war.

Yes and no. I'm pretty sure Nomura didn't plan anything of KHUx back at the time BBS was released and was only leaving his past vague so he could pull something like this later. To me it seemed like an effort of "oh, look, I threw in an important character, the game is now really important to the storyline, so PLAY IT". I also think Xehanort was just obsessed about the keyblade war out of curiosity and interested in Ventus due to his heart of pure light. I definitely liked that better, but I'm in general not fond of all that time-travel-sleeping-worlds-everything-might-happen-everywhere-and-somehow-thingy because I liked Ux for what it was. The story of the keyblade war, of some people involved, a story for people interested in that and if not, nobody missed a thing. Throwing Ventus in, Nomura practically FORCED people into having to at least follow the storyline and this is what makes me furious. My nice little compact Ux world was shattered and scattered, if you will. This is purely my own opinion, but it was indeed quite emotional. AWAKENED RAGE-emotional.

Topic:
- when Sora tells Xemnas that there's more to a heart than just anger or hate ... Xemnas actually sounds a little regretful when he answers that he obviously has forgotten that
- the death of Demyx, he didn't deserve it
- the moment we saw that Saix is a vessel, it made my heart sting

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yes and no. I'm pretty sure Nomura didn't plan anything of KHUx back at the time BBS was released and was only leaving his past vague so he could pull something like this later. To me it seemed like an effort of "oh, look, I threw in an important character, the game is now really important to the storyline, so PLAY IT". I also think Xehanort was just obsessed about the keyblade war out of curiosity and interested in Ventus due to his heart of pure light. I definitely liked that better, but I'm in general not fond of all that time-travel-sleeping-worlds-everything-might-happen-everywhere-and-somehow-thingy because I liked Ux for what it was. The story of the keyblade war, of some people involved, a story for people interested in that and if not, nobody missed a thing. Throwing Ventus in, Nomura practically FORCED people into having to at least follow the storyline and this is what makes me furious. My nice little compact Ux world was shattered and scattered, if you will. This is purely my own opinion, but it was indeed quite emotional. AWAKENED RAGE-emotional.

I'm afraid I have to largely agree with this one. The whole X-era wasn't even concepted as being canon at first as when the Browser-game originally came out in 2013 there was no one actually advertising that it would be tied heavily into KH III.

It's not like that Ventus' ambigious backstory wasn't left as a deliberate hook to be connected and explored later, that's obvious as clear water since BBS went out of its way to have Xehanort explicitly mention it in his reports alongside mentioning that he a)just "found" Ventus apparently somewhere and b) that Xehanort could sense his potential.

That said, I am personally damn well interested in having this character fleshed out and characterized better, but howdy am I still sceptical about how it is apparently done now.
Putting him into an entire different era of the supposed distant past is yet again totally over the top and unneccessary, not to mention it will most likely yet again include the definitely overused amnesia/memory-loss plot device in a highly convoluted over-the-top explanation as to why he's present in the current era.

As for the original opening topic, I'll have to look at that game-by-game since there are several that count as "most emotional" to me and I'll fill those in later.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Hard to say, but Sora recognizing Riku in TWTNW is very high up there, as well as the ending of 3D.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
To be honest, I'm that kind of guy that gets emotional looking at the title screen while reminiscing about the game and all that happened (a couple of weeks ago it happened with Re:Coded too)

Talking about moments in-game that give me the same effect, Sora's sacrifice to free Kairi's heart and Donald's reaction.
Closing the Door to Darkness is a nice second place.

Hirokey123

Awards
My 7 emotional moments (of light)

-The moment where Xion, Roxas, and Axel sit around in Xion's bed room and Axel declares them as best friends for the first time. It really touched me because it showed how close the trio had grown. It's also one of the ONLY times hopeful music plays during Days which was a nice touch, really highlight how empty and hopeless this trio's life usually is and how their friendship is the one speck of hope they have.

-Axel vs Xion in front the mansion "go on you just keep running but I'll always be there to bring you back!" that whole conversation concluded with that line just gives me such chills.

-Xion's death I had to set the game down for a bit after that, I had really gotten into Roxas's shoes because the game does a good job of transmitting what Roxas feels and thinks to you. So for that moment I was caught up in the Roxas headspace and when Xion died I shed a tear it legitimately felt like I had just watched a real friend die before my eyes.

-Aqua's first inner reflection in the RoD where she muses over all the inhabitants of the world being gone, she really sells the loneliness and sadness of the empty town.

-Aqua running after the phantom images of Terra and Ventus, of her declaring that she doesn't care if they are real or not she just desperately wants to see them, and when vines rise up to block her she screams at them to get out her way then barrels right through. That moment right there was the most genuine and real moment of friendship a member of TAV has ever shown.

-Sora vs Rinzler is probably in my top 3 emotional disney fights everything about this is so good. The way Sora is torn about fighting because he doesn't want to hurt Tron but Quorra encourages him to trust in the keyblade. The fight itself complete with the music creatine an incredibly tense atmosphere. How after the fight Sora demonstrates the strength of his bond with copy Tron is so strong it lets him affect and restore the real tron's memories, and oh my goodness all the brief KH2 nods! We have KH2 Tron Sora overlay DDD Tron Sora, we have Sora summoning the access panel he summoned during his tron limit finisher in KH2, and then upon pressing the panel those little diamonds that appear and chase enemies during the limit briefly appear around rinzler. Frankly I was stunned at what had just happened, this scene really sells how far Sora has come as a wielder because of this masterful use of one of the keyblade's finner nuanced abilities. Also top it off with Rinzler falling into an abyss to save Sora and then Sora later saying he has to be like Tron, it's all soooo freaking gooood! Easily one of the best written worlds in the series.

-Sora's meeting with Xemnas and Xigbar in DDD. This was the first time Xehanort and his cronies have really sat down and tried to discuss ideology/business with Sora, instead preach or taunt they are genuinely trying to get Sora to join them willingly by sharing their plans and beliefs. It's deliciously twisted and dark feeling, and Sora's reaction as you watch the growing disgust with everything he is hearing until he eventually just kind of explodes and tells Xemnas to shut up was so perfect. Even more perfect was the friends are my power speech he deliver because unlike Coded where it felt like DG paying homage to Sora, and unlike BBS where it felt like it was slapped in there for arbitrary parallels, here it felt like a genuine show of Sora's growth from KH1 to now. It's not just his friends give him strength and are a part of him, it's that he knows they are why the keyblade chose him, they are what the keyblade actually chose, and how instead of feel self conscious about that he's proud of the fact he can do things like wield the keyblade to bring good to the world because of his strong bonds to his friends. Cap this all off with Xigbar for the first time in the series being left speechless by someone else's words and desperately trying to find something he can latch onto before he has to turn tail and run because the only thing he was ever really good for, his masterful trolling, for pretty much the first time ever had completely failed making him frazzled and angry. It's fun seeing Xigbar's composure drop completely like that.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
- Sora releasing Kairi's heart and the PoH having their hearts returned. The music...!
- The ending of KH1.
- Riku Replica "dies" after fighting Riku at Twilight Town.
- Fighting with the FF characters in the lead-up to the 1000 Heartless battle.
- Sora saying goodbye to HPO before leaving for Mysterious Tower.
- Sora and Riku reunited at The World That Never Was. My favorite part of KH2, period. And then their dialogue on the dark beach at the end.
- I wouldn't say all of KH2's ending, but I like the shots of the "endings" for the KH2 Disney worlds. TRON starting to dance, in particular.
- The final scenes for Aqua in the secret episode I think it's called? The scene where you see shots of Cinderella, Stitch, Pan, etc.
- Sora v. Roxas in Coded. I remember that making me sad anyway.
- The scene where Xehanort returns (also the lead-up to it in Sora's last scene, with Xigbar), and Riku/Mickey are trying to rescue Sora in 3D.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Its a very easy moment to miss since it happens towards the end of Days and gets overshadowed by Xion's death. I think its between Days 353 and 354, Mission 90. You can tell he hit his lowest point at the time. Finally grasping the severity of the situation, he decided to think for himself. Asking who "me" even is, and whether or not he "belongs" anywhere. He sheds a tear in frustration because he truly feels alone.

Here's the link. [video]https://youtu.be/qPm1kSMot9A?t=52m[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back