• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My greatest fear in KH3: being Sora centric

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I don't mind having Sora, Donald, and Goofy for 90% as long as you make USE of Donald and Goofy's well-developed personalities. There's so much to work with! Deep Jungle having Sora and Donald tense at each other was fun, Sora and Donald discussing whether or not they should help in Halloween Town was fun, and Donald had some funny stuff happen in Neverland... Donald trying to alter time in KHII was funny..

The biggest crime is not doing anything good at all with motherfucking Goofy. Goofy was the first to protect Sora from Riku in KH1, which was cool, but he's never done anything that great in the story. I wish KH had some American comedy writers on board, but I very much doubt anyone would agree with me on that.

Olympian

What I'm really worried about is Sora taking down all of the 13 darkness's himself. There are other guardians of light and I would like to see them take down some of them. Looking at the old Organisation the only members Sora didn't defeat were Lexeaus, Zexion and Xion. At the same time I want all of the darkness's to be boss fights and if the game is Sora centric then this could lead to those he doesn't defeat being defeated in cutscenes. I really hope we get multiple character stories as that is what made COM, BBS and DDD such great stories.

KH2 was a really fun game to play but had a really poor story because so much important events happened offscreen. I want KH3 to be as fun as KH2 was but to have a story on the level of the non-numbered titles.

Megavoltage

Awards
*Inside Castle Oblivion*
Hi! We're Sora, Donald, and Goofy!
Hi! I'm Ventus! Call me Ven!

disney233

Awards
I don't mind having Sora, Donald, and Goofy for 90% as long as you make USE of Donald and Goofy's well-developed personalities. There's so much to work with! Deep Jungle having Sora and Donald tense at each other was fun, Sora and Donald discussing whether or not they should help in Halloween Town was fun, and Donald had some funny stuff happen in Neverland... Donald trying to alter time in KHII was funny..

The biggest crime is not doing anything good at all with motherfucking Goofy. Goofy was the first to protect Sora from Riku in KH1, which was cool, but he's never done anything that great in the story. I wish KH had some American comedy writers on board, but I very much doubt anyone would agree with me on that.

Most definitely. I honestly loved having Donald and Goofy as allies. They're always there to help or cheer up Sora even In the darkest hours, as seen in the Recoded cutscenes as well as Chain of Memories.

However my fear is they're battle stylings. I mean when they're fighting off enemies like Lingering Will or Xemnas in KH1 they weren't all so helpful especially Donald since he dies the most out of the 3. I only hope KH3 can fix that and make Donald and Goofy (gameplay style) more useful like their sleights used in Chain of Memories.

ThePumpkinQueen

Hiding inside the surprise Jack-O-Lantern
I didn't think of that... Theres some games I play that I can't get teh full story on because of the DLC , I mean it feels like "here you payd a lot of the game, but to get the rest of it, give us more money" unless its maps or added story or a very good weapon i ignore DLC. it also feels with DLC that you bought the game, but you don't get the full game . Kinda anoying.

If we do fight all thirteen darknesses. I agree with Olympian. I don't want sora to fight them all himself, but i do want to fight them, so hopfully fight them as another character. or at least show a cutscene.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I hope there isn't any dlc other than cosmetic stuff. I hate it when they add paywalls to see all of the story.

You can say that's another fear; too much dlc!
Get these rare keyblades for a small fee! Want to explore Land of Dragons and Traverse Town? You can for $5 each! How about fighting secret bosses like Sephiroth or a Mysterious Figure (Who will end up the next saga's antagonist)? Enter your credit card number below!

Seriously though.. I think I'd cry if that happened to my beloved series :(

Shogo-Kun

Awards
If there is any DLC, I hope it's the smart kind of DLC where they give you the full game, but add additional content to improve the replay value. Hyrule Warriors was a brilliant example of DLC done right!

ThePumpkinQueen

Hiding inside the surprise Jack-O-Lantern
^A bit off topic, but i laugh every time i see your signature GIF. Cracks me up every time.

More games needed to be like Hyrule warriors. but unfortunatley most games arn't if there is dlc. I hope they come out with a version later where you can get them, like in the batman games.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Another way to do it right imo is dlc is cosmetic stuff, like costumes, that doesn't add anything to the game but some people will buy just to buy.

Few games do it RIGHT though. Square doesn't have the best track record with it; heck they had one game where you had to basically pay for a whole nother game to see all the story. Tho I think they did it right with Bravely Default; you don't have to buy those SP potions. I like that. DLC that you can ignore. :)

Oh and with that said game; it's now available on the pc with almost all the DLC. I might get that one later once I can get a bigger hdd since it's huge.

But back on topic /wince I hope they don't pull more than some potion you can ignore or some costumes or other that don't mean anything, just cosmetic. Or do it RIGHT, like Hyrule Warriors.

Megavoltage

Awards
I'm thinking that KH3 DLC is the only way we'll ever get to play BBSv2 since apparently Nomura's original plans for it died.
I'd pay money for a Realm of Darkness adventure. Give it to me!

rodx

Some people saying that DLC have to be cosmetic,but cosmetic DLC is the most abusive type of it(the street fighter skin packs),DLC have to be a true history espansion,is better and is more economic for the player tham making you buy the same game again but with some changes in the end like Final Mix.

I have to search the Final fantasy DLC to see how square enix handle this(I don't play any FF).

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
It was the second Lightening FF game that I was talking about, rodx. You had to pay for 2-3 whole games just to see the whole damn story..Well until the PC version came out. (Thank heaven, I might get that one just so I don't have to pay though the nose! Well, once I have a hdd that can take it..)

That's why I say Square doesn't have the best track record with dlc. Cosmetic doesn't have to be abusive, but excessive can be abusive in any kind of DLC, imo. Adding something to the game..as long as you don't have it so you NEED to buy this..is fine. But only giving you a third to a half of the game(sometimes even less!) and you have to buy DLC for the rest...Um no.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Some people saying that DLC have to be cosmetic,but cosmetic DLC is the most abusive type of it(the street fighter skin packs),DLC have to be a true history espansion,is better and is more economic for the player tham making you buy the same game again but with some changes in the end like Final Mix.

I have to search the Final fantasy DLC to see how square enix handle this(I don't play any FF).
You know I didn't think of it like that. Final Mix was pretty much DLC back in PS2 times. This time it's not Japan exclusive so I guess it'll be okay.

rodx

It was the second Lightening FF game that I was talking about, rodx. You had to pay for 2-3 whole games just to see the whole damn story..Well until the PC version came out. (Thank heaven, I might get that one just so I don't have to pay though the nose! Well, once I have a hdd that can take it..)

That's why I say Square doesn't have the best track record with dlc. Cosmetic doesn't have to be abusive, but excessive can be abusive in any kind of DLC, imo. Adding something to the game..as long as you don't have it so you NEED to buy this..is fine. But only giving you a third to a half of the game(sometimes even less!) and you have to buy DLC for the rest...Um no.

I don't know how big the second lightning FF is or if The DLC is something that have to be in the game.

I think that History DLC is abusive if it be something that obvious have to be in the game in the first place like asura wrath when you only see the ending in the DLC,but a separated history line is OK,I like if they don't have time to program a new secret boss in the game but add a mysterious figure fight in KH 3 as DLC to tease something for the future without the need to release a final mix will be cool.

hlc1988

Awards
After building up Riku as an important character and his role in the series... I think it would be a crime if KH3 was all Sora. I think there needs to be his story to, interswitching between the two characters until they get to a point in the story where Sora and Riku's parties join together. And then you get to choose between who you want to play as but ultimately the final stages of the game you have to play as Sora.

I'm not too fussed about the other characters.. or playing as them. In the end I just want the final battle party to be Sora, Riku and Kairi. They succeed where Terra, Ven and Aqua didn't. But all of those characters are supporting ones in which you can rotate them into your party throughout the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back