• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My greatest fear in KH3: being Sora centric

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rodx

Hi people, I like everyone,have great anticipations for KH 3,but my greatest fear in the game is the plot be 100 % Sora,donald and goofy point of view again,will be very dissapointing after birth by sleep and KH DDD who stabilish Riku,Lea in the ending and Kairi in the secret one.principaly the last one if kairi, is not playable at least that the game bring back Aqua in some moments.

What you think ?

SephirothZ

Re: My greatest fear in KH 3 : being Sora centric

My biggest fear is Kairi being under-developed as a character.... again.

My second biggest fear is that so much is going to happen in this game, that everything is done too quickly.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards

My biggest fear is that I won't be able to buy it, lol
I hate my country

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I have a lot of fear in regards to KH3

1. I fear that we may not get to see SRK`s families. It is bad enough the series ignores them, but not being able to see them in KH3(especially since we probably will get to explore the Islands) would really suck.

2. I fear that Disney will not be relevant to the core storyline. This has been a problem since KH2 and I`m not sure if the writers will get it right this time either.

3. I fear that Kairi`s potential will be wasted again. I hope she doesn`t spend most of the game training with Yen Sid.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

My biggest fear is Kairi being under-developed as a character.... again.

My second biggest fear is that so much is going to happen in this game, that everything is done too quickly.

I have a lot of fear in regards to KH3

1. I fear that we may not get to see SRK`s families. It is bad enough the series ignores them, but not being able to see them in KH3(especially since we probably will get to explore the Islands) would really suck.

2. I fear that Disney will not be relevant to the core storyline. This has been a problem since KH2 and I`m not sure if the writers will get it right this time either.

3. I fear that Kairi`s potential will be wasted again. I hope she doesn`t spend most of the game training with Yen Sid.

Kairi not being utilized for her potential is something that I think we all can be worried about. Hopefully, they'll actually address that this time in III.

[begin rant]
As for the Disney characters being not central to the plot, that does worry me as well, but I'd also like to point out another thing: the Final Fantasy cast. Not counting The World Ends With You, these guys have been horribly underdeveloped since at least Kingdom Hearts II. Granted, I accept that they are supposed to be only cameos, but for the most part, they haven't even really been doing that. There was no one at all in Days and re:coded sort of rehashed the same ones from the first game. Birth by Sleep had Zack Fair and while he was utilized very well (did a good job as a cameo appearance and even played a part in the Disney plot), he was the only one short of the Moogles. Out of all the games that came after II, only the World Ends With You did a good job with the Square Enix cameos in regards to not only having more than 1, but also giving them a small role in the plot. I'm not asking them to do too much - I understand why they would feel the need to underplay them compared to the Disney cast - but I just want more than what we've been given over the last six or so years.
[end rant]

As for everything being done too quickly, I wouldn't be too surprised if this happens if not solely due to the fact that fans have been waiting for this game for too long and they want to be able to get the product out the door.

My biggest fear is that I won't be able to buy it, lol
I hate my country

Ouch. That sucks. D:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
my biggest fear is they won't improve on the story telling, disney/SE integration, combat (kh2 wasn't very diverse), characters or give it a cohesive storyline and lastly a satisfying ending. i understand why there would be a need to tease the second saga but tie this one up with a bow first.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Hi people, I like everyone,have great anticipations for KH 3,but my greatest fear in the game is the plot be 100 % Sora,donald and goofy point of view again

I'll admit that this is somewhat of a founded fear to have, as KH III does have to pander to the ignorant casuals somewhat and those who play only the numbered titles most likely expect 99 to 100% Sora, Donald and Goofy only.
Nomura already admitted in an interview that the "search for the Key to return hearts" is more or less a wild goose chase and out-of-universe I guess it is safe to say that this is the "story excuse" to have SDG running around countless Disney worlds again just like "searching for Riku and the King as well as stopping the Organisation" was the "story excuse" in KH 2 and "searching for Riku, Kairi and the King as well as sealing Keyholes" was the one for KH 1.

KH II is a really big offender on having the spotlight only on SDGs antics in the Disney worlds as almost all of the other important original characters are not seen for over 2/3 of the game.
As I am replaying KH 2 as the Final Mix version right now I have it plainly obvious in my line of sight again. As much as I like Donald and Goofy, having only them around all the time gets boring after a while.
This could be all partly remedied by having a more open party system allowing you to take some additional characters in your party once they join you and not make it like i.e. that once you save Aqua, she already goes off elsewhere after just one or two cutscenes.
The "story excuse" is even most often forgotten after just five minutes in a world with either the movie plot taking over or some other local in-world problem distracting Sora from his actual mission.
The novels, while only semi-canon, expand greatly on what other characters were doing like i.e. Kairi talking with Axel after he nabbed her from Twilight Town and Saix actually taking her from him, Riku (in Ansem SoD form) first having a conversation and then a stand-off with Xemnas in the Old Mansion of Twilight Town, Saix attacking and injuring Axel (which explains why he was in such a bad shape when he came to aid Sora against those Nobodies and ultimatively sacrificed himself).
All that and more the audience doesn't even get a glimpse on during the actual game.

Luckily though, KH III might not get a treatment as bad as KH II did since DDD already at least partly remedied this problem by having cutscenes between worlds showing what other characters are up to like i.e. Mickey confronting Maleficent at Disney Castle, Lea conversing with Ienzo and Aeleus etc.

SephirothZ

I do think people are expecting 50% Sora while the other 50% is a variety of characters and I do not see that happening. I think at least 80-85% of the game will be SDG.

wolfshadow

I do think people are expecting 50% Sora while the other 50% is a variety of characters and I do not see that happening. I think at least 80-85% of the game will be SDG.

I am expecting atleast a half-n-half game. You get Sora's side and then after beating that you get Riku's side.

WaveK89

My greatest fear is the reception. Granted, we can agree each game can be highly criticized for better or for worse. The fact of the matter is that this is the Kingdom Hearts 3. An extremely anticipated game countless people have been longing for. They believe it's going to be the KH that killed all other KH games and any games in general. That the wide reception of the game is going to be poor because it wasn't what they expected it to be. The KH game they waited nearly 10 years for, etc, etc, etc.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
My greatest fear is that KH2 won't be out for 2-3 more years.

A Sora-centric game is a plus for me. But I wouldn't mind if they had Kairi, Riku, or TAV tag along throughout the game for you to choose among party members, or if you change point of view to them for a mission every now and again.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Off topic a bit; Seph, it's going to be a wild goose chase for the Key to Return Hearts? I hope if there's not a actual keyblade involved, Sora figures out how to do it on his own (that'd be a twist; Sora has had that power all along) to make it more than a wild goose chase. Also known as: the journey is to teach Sora something about himself he didn't know!

Also if you didn't know, "wild goose chase" to this USA girl = chasing after something that doesn't exist. I'd say "chasing a dream" instead for that, since I think the Key to Return Hearts is supposed to be a legend or something.

Back on topic: Mine is that they're rushing the 'foo out of it. I want to see a good game that would be fun to play and wraps up this messy saga. Not to mention one my brother who loaned me his ps3 says, "Hey girl, could I play that?" (If he saves over my save (he did that recently on me when I wanted to let him start a game on KH1 FM) I'll kick his butt tho lol) Not a game I'd be ashamed to play, which I hope to heck isn't the case.

Last edited:

Shogo-Kun

Awards
My biggest fear for KHIII? Quite honestly, I don't have many. The only one I would have is if the game doesn't address Kingdom Hearts X[chi] in some capacity. But even then, that be a small nitpick since I we have the power of GOOGLE.

Other than that, I'm kinda meh towards my expectations for KHIII. Especially since I'll be quitting this series after this game releases.

Rael_Oblivion

Honestly, the 100% SDG thing is a major fear for me too. I like SDG, but BBS and DDD spoiled me for multiple storylines and characters getting equal attention. The lack of that in KHII is one of my few dislikes of that game. In addition, I feel like the bulk of the character development happens to everyone but Sora, and that's not exactly a good thing for the main character of a franchise. Maybe III can turn that around, but I'd like the focus to be on someone other than Sora during parts of the game.

ThePumpkinQueen

Hiding inside the surprise Jack-O-Lantern
what does SDG mean? I'm not familiar with that term. I mostly play games for lesure so I'm still ocasionally clueless on terms

I hope like many that kari isn't underdeveloped. also I want sora to be the main pointa gain. though I dont mind it switching to ther points of view again, like you had when you were roxas or riku. but i feel like the focus shifted a bit to much in the second one. (Or was that just me )

It is probably just a dream. But i hope we can someday play as kairi! even if its just ocasionally on a mission or somthing. I loved playing aqua

I don't want sora to be the only POV or only focus. But i do want him to be the Main focus if that makes sense. somtimes if eel like everyone is developing around him and hes not changed all that much. i want a bit more depth to his character..

Last edited:

Rael_Oblivion

SDG is the shorthand for the trio of Sora, Donald and Goofy. Since that was how they introduced themselves ad nauseum in KH II, in that order.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
My big fear is mostly that the pacing of the game will be awful. KH2 had this problem where it was 2-3 hours of complete filler, then bam 20 minutes of important storyline and exciting stuff, then another couple of hours of filler and then bam more excitement.

I rather the game not have only pockets of exciting gameplay surrounded by a lot of filler.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
My big fear is mostly that the pacing of the game will be awful. KH2 had this problem where it was 2-3 hours of complete filler, then bam 20 minutes of important storyline and exciting stuff, then another couple of hours of filler and then bam more excitement.

I rather the game not have only pockets of exciting gameplay surrounded by a lot of filler.

THIS! ^

Pacing in that game was downright horrible, something that the Final MIX/ReMIX versions didn't really fix.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
And please don't have them repeat SDG's name's every other cutscene. I understand for introductions and stuff but come on. In KH2 it was always "thank you Sora, Donald and Goofy" this or "you're right Sora, Donald and Goofy" that. We know who they are already lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back