• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Namine

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

x37rnu4

Awards
^ I can't help but feel immensely sad now with Vanitas feels I didn't know I could possess.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
If you've read the novels, you'll find out that it's actually even darker than that and makes you almost feel sorry for him. It's unknown if it's canon, but the novel tells that every time an Unversed was slayed, not only it returned to Vanitas, but he also felt its pain. Vanitas saw the Unversed as his weakness personified, and as such tried to kill as many of those creatures as possible, creating an endless loop of pain.

It's kind of like he's cutting himself, which is pretty darn depressing if you ask me.

x37rnu4

Awards
If you've read the novels, you'll find out that it's actually even more depressing than that. It's unknown if it's canon, but the novel tells that every time an Unversed was slayed, not only it returned to Vanitas, but he also felt its pain. Vanitas saw the Unversed as his weakness personified, and as such tried to kill as many of those creatures as possible, creating an endless loop of pain.

It's kind of like he's cutting himself, which is pretty darn depressing if you ask me.

Well heckie, I need to invest in these novels one day! I was pretty ambivalent towards Vanitas in BBS because I was like yeah okay, he's standard evil guy, makes sense considering who he is and where he came from. (He was still a cool character, I just didn't develop feelings for him, and felt a bit bad for him after the fight with Ventus and such.)

But yes, now I'm sad :( I don't know too much about the novels, but I'm assuming they're not translated, huh? All the more incentive to do better in my Japanese classes.

Gram

Banned
Awards
But yes, now I'm sad :( I don't know too much about the novels, but I'm assuming they're not translated, huh? All the more incentive to do better in my Japanese classes.

Fan translations probably exist somewhere on this site or another.

Also, @Solosis, the novels are secondary canon. Meaning that unless the 1st source of information (the games or nomura himself) contradicts the information, it can be taken as fact.

x37rnu4

Awards
Fan translations probably exist somewhere on this site or another.

Also, @Solosis, the novels are secondary canon. Meaning that unless the 1st source of information (the games or nomura himself) contradicts the information, it can be taken as fact.

Awesome-sauce to both these points. I'd be surprised if there weren't, considering I remember ones for previous novels way back when (I think it was for 2 that I saw). Thank you both for this information.

VenTer

Awards
How is Namine a Nobody? A Nobody is the body of someone who's lost their heart that can still act of it's own free will. But after Kairi lost her heart, her body was preserved. How did Namine come to be? Is she even an actual Nobody?
Namine is a nobody because remember how Kairi disappeared is Sora's arms while he was trying to catch her (When Destiny Islands was attacked by Darkness in KH1) Kairi merged in Sora's heart. So when Sora tries to free Kairi's heart from his body, he stabs himself with the keyblade of unlocking hearts and thus Roxas and Namine were born. Roxas got his form from Ventus because Sora's heart has Ventus heart inside him too. While Kairi's nobody is Namine. By that way, Sora's heart consists of Ventus's and Kairi's heart. Roxas got his and form from Ventus, And since Namine has blond hair and she looks differently than Kairi thus Ventus gave him a trait of blond hair. 3 persons in one heart while Sora stabs himself gave Namine a different look.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Namine is a nobody because remember how Kairi disappeared is Sora's arms while he was trying to catch her (When Destiny Islands was attacked by Darkness in KH1) Kairi merged in Sora's heart. So when Sora tries to free Kairi's heart from his body, he stabs himself with the keyblade of unlocking hearts and thus Roxas and Namine were born. Roxas got his form from Ventus because Sora's heart has Ventus heart inside him too. While Kairi's nobody is Namine. By that way, Sora's heart consists of Ventus's and Kairi's heart. Roxas got his and form from Ventus, And since Namine has blond hair and she looks differently than Kairi thus Ventus gave him a trait of blond hair. 3 persons in one heart while Sora stabs himself gave Namine a different look.

The situation with Namine's unique existence isn't actually that simple. She is a Nobody in the broadest sense of the term, i.e. - a being that was born when a strong-hearted individual lost their heart to the darkness. Other Nobodies are born of the body and soul of the Somebody they originated from, but both Sora's and Kairi's have been accounted for.

breaktheice is asking, what is Namine, really?

He wants to know the specifics of the matter, not just the blatantly obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back