• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New poem, or what.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cicero

Visionary

When life continues, I use the bus

The bus didn't come today
I tried to feel mad
But something dawned to me, I say

I know now why it
Neglected to pick me up
From the stop where it did:

I wasn't ready

(And so)
as the bus felt my doubt
it left to become my mouth
turning away

I'm afraid to board
that bus in green

I'm afraid to go
the street down

to school
to sports
to friends
to shops

I'm afraid to live, I pressume
I won't continue

Damn, are those the only things I go to?​

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
It's your sig that makes you feel inferior. I mean, I feel sorry for the guy just from looking at him.

Umm, methinks you missed the bus? First thing I though, lol.

Anyway, I like it. I haven't quite figured out why yet . . . but I like it. Maybe it's the subtle comparison to the flow of life (which may have been to subtle for its own good).

I didn't notice any spelling issues though, and that's always a good thing.

Cicero

Visionary
It's your sig that makes you feel inferior. I mean, I feel sorry for the guy just from looking at him.

Yeah, that's me...

Umm, methinks you missed the bus? First thing I though, lol.

Its a metaphor.

Maybe it's the subtle comparison to the flow of life (which may have been to subtle for its own good).

There you have it, lol.

Thanks for the comment, and I was just joking about the complex, mate. ^^

Last edited:
L

Lady Yuki

Its a bit hard to understando.0.O usely like poems that rime but you did good.^.^

OneWingedDemon

"When life continues, I use the bus"
The title is appealing! Let's start reading.

The bus didn't come today
I tried to feel mad
But something dawned to me, I say

The bus didn't come to the narrator, and the narrator tried to react in anger, but realized something else.

I know now why it
Neglected to pick me up
From the stop where it did:

The bus had a reason to avoid the narrator. (duh)

I wasn't ready
The narrator was not ready.

(And so)
as the bus felt my doubt
it left to become my mouth

Wait! The bus leaves and becomes..his mouth?

I'm afraid to board
that bus in green

In green clothing?

I'm afraid to go
the street down

The narrator's afraid to go down the street. Pansy!

to school
to sports
to friends
to shops

Nevermind. There's something wrong with the narrator; he's afraid to face the world.

I'm afraid to live, I pressume
I won't continue

Suicide?

Damn, are those the only things I go to?

Wait, what? Was the narrator referring to this:
to school
to sports
to friends
to shops
It took me a couple reads before I understood the narrator's position. Life just scares the hell out of him, and he's not sure how to approach it. I like it; it's a subtle message, but through decipherment it leads to something deeper(and depressing). Good poem!

One thing: what's the bus? It's a metaphor of how he avoids life, right? If so, why didn't it pick him up? Is that his realization: that his life has been meaningless so far and he's dealt with it long enough?

Mind me and my series of questions. I don't mean to be annoying.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Wow this is really good I liked it alot, I like to write but I don't think I could roll out anyting this good.

Cicero

Visionary
Wait! The bus leaves and becomes..his mouth?

The mouth is just to indicate his face, turning away. Saying that the bus becomes his mouth is to make clear that it isn't just his face turning away from him, its his life.

In green clothing?

The busses around here are green, hehe.

No suicide, just neglect.

Wait, what? Was the narrator referring to this:

Yes, he was.

It took me a couple reads before I understood the narrator's position. Life just scares the hell out of him, and he's not sure how to approach it. I like it; it's a subtle message, but through decipherment it leads to something deeper(and depressing). Good poem!

Your good so far.

One thing: what's the bus? It's a metaphor of how he avoids life, right? If so, why didn't it pick him up? Is that his realization: that his life has been meaningless so far and he's dealt with it long enough?

The bus is his life. The narrator is afraid to continue on with it, so it didn't show up. I never said the narrator didn't get on; the bus never showed. Life felt his doubt and won't come again till the narrator got his act togheter. And a wrong realization. What happened to him before that day is not important to the story, and is not explained. It is just that moment that counts for me, that I describe. The reader's imagination can fill in the rest.

Mind me and my series of questions. I don't mean to be annoying.

Not at all, its always good to have someone asks a lot of question because only by answering those can you truly understand what you wrote yourself.

So, thanks for the comments all of you! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back