• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Re:Coded cinematics tie into older titles' mysteries

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: New Re:Coded cinematics tie into older titles' mysteries

During Coded Sora learns how to cope with the memories of the tormented ones, right? So in DDD there is this scene with Roxas where he pours all his memories in to Sora`s head. Without the events of Re:Coded would Sora have survive the crushing weight of Roxas painful memories and grief?

On the contrary, Sora didn't learn to truly cope with that, as the combined power of the suffering of Naminé, Xion, Roxas and Ventus was what weakened Sora's heart enough so that the fight with Xemnas was ultimatively too much and his heart fell into darkness.
The Data-Naminé warned explicitly about this in Coded:
Re: Coded said:
Naminé: Right, it's not usually possible. When I first found them while repairing your memory, I thought I'd made a mistake.
But all the evidence I found proved they belong in your heart, where they've been sleeping a long...long time. One day, Sora will have to call them to the surface. They're important memories...but very dangerous ones.

Mickey: Dangerous how?

Naminé: These memories are too painful. Handled the wrong way, they could damage Sora's heart--even break it. I needed you to find a way to face that kind of hurt. That's why I left the message.
This is exactly what happened in DDD due to the machinations of Young Xehanort, Xigbar, Ansem SoD and Xemnas, as they knew the same things Naminé does.

The Sora who learned to cope with all this is Data-Sora, not the Sora we know from KH 1 and 2, as Mickey later also says:
Re: Coded said:
Mickey: The bond they all share--that's gonna be the key, right? Don't worry, Naminé. I'll make sure I pass this on to Sora--you know, the one in the outside world!

Mickey did so with writing the letter we see at the end of KH 2, but they didn't truly prepare Sora for the events that went down in DDD, I guess because Yen Sid and Mickey weren't really expecting Xehanort and his cronies to directly interfere with the Mark of Mastery exam and target Sora.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Oh, it was Data-Sora who learned to cope with the pain! Well that solves that and explains Sora`s downfall. I hope Sora`s encounter with darkness will make him less naive and trusting, but the tea party at the end of DDD dosen`t really promise this. Well, at least it was hilarious. :) Thank you for clearing this up.

On the topic of Coded, I`ve read many comments about it which say that it dosen`t give much to the plot of KH. But now as I learn more and more about it, I`ve begin to question this claim. Now I can see all these interesting ties to other titles, especially to DDD and with the 2.5 version of it, there might be more connections. And the heart growing thing was first teased there if I remember correctly?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

Oh, it was Data-Sora who learned to cope with the pain! Well that solves that and explains Sora`s downfall. I hope Sora`s encounter with darkness will make him less naive and trusting, but the tea party at the end of DDD dosen`t really promise this. Well, at least it was hilarious. :) Thank you for clearing this up.

On the topic of Coded, I`ve read many comments about it which say that it dosen`t give much to the plot of KH. But now as I learn more and more about it, I`ve begin to question this claim. Now I can see all these interesting ties to other titles, especially to DDD and with the 2.5 version of it, there might be more connections. And the heart growing thing was first teased there if I remember correctly?

Coded is underrated rated imo, because it started out as a cell phone game. The events of that game are more significant than people give it credit for. It's not exactly the most provocative game in the series, but in term of importance, I put it above Days, but below BbS.

The heart growing was first teased in KH2. :)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

It was? Do you remember where? I haven`t played KH2 in 6 years so my memory of it is pretty hazy. That is why I`m also really looking forward for KH2.5. I just really hope people give these games the credit they deserve and understand the importance to the plot in KH3. A few days back I read some comments relating to KH3 news(I don`t remember the web sites name), and there I saw something really depressing: Someone asked what had happened to the three people in armored suits. I just can`t believe there are still people who think that Birth by Sleep is Kingdom Hearts 3. :( How is that even possible?

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com

Coded is underrated rated imo, because it started out as a cell phone game. The events of that game are more significant than people give it credit for. It's not exactly the most provocative game in the series, but in term of importance, I put it above Days, but below BbS.

It's interesting you hold it above Days, I really fkin hate Xion but I thought the little teasers for BBS in the original such as Xemnas saying "So sleep has taken you yet again" to a comatose Roxas and Xion appearing as Ventus to Xigbar as really interesting parts of the plot. There is a lot of significance in coded, I didn't think there was until I played it through, I just find the game a little boring but all the same it all contributes, even if it aint the real Sora.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

It's interesting you hold it above Days, I really fkin hate Xion but I thought the little teasers for BBS in the original such as Xemnas saying "So sleep has taken you yet again" to a comatose Roxas and Xion appearing as Ventus to Xigbar as really interesting parts of the plot. There is a lot of significance in coded, I didn't think there was until I played it through, I just find the game a little boring but all the same it all contributes, even if it aint the real Sora.

I put Coded above Days because I feel that it contributes to the mythos and KH3 directly a little more. Over all, I found Days to be more self contained with teasers to other characters here and there, but Coded had direct characterization and plot points that I think will effect the story more. Like, it directly brought up the fact that Sora had painful memories of others had had to deal with, Sora having to save the tormented ones and he had in fact had already done so was brought up, Maleficent was made aware of the data
worlds and is trying to conquer it, etc.

They all contribute something, but I just felt that Coded delivered a wee bit more than Days.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

It was? Do you remember where? I haven`t played KH2 in 6 years so my memory of it is pretty hazy. That is why I`m also really looking forward for KH2.5. I just really hope people give these games the credit they deserve and understand the importance to the plot in KH3. A few days back I read some comments relating to KH3 news(I don`t remember the web sites name), and there I saw something really depressing: Someone asked what had happened to the three people in armored suits. I just can`t believe there are still people who think that Birth by Sleep is Kingdom Hearts 3. :( How is that even possible?

Kinda hinted at it in KH2FM with Roxas and Axel's final spiritual chat after the Sora vs. Roxas fight.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

I was already excited for the Coded scenes but this news is very exciting. I can't wait to see what they're about.

I put Coded above Days because I feel that it contributes to the mythos and KH3 directly a little more. Over all, I found Days to be more self contained with teasers to other characters here and there, but Coded had direct characterization and plot points that I think will effect the story more.

I agree. Days does contribute to the overall story but, as you said, it focuses more on just the friendship between RAX and so it feels self contained. Coded covers a lot of different story aspects and I thought it was more fun to play as well (though I suppose that doesn't matter too much with how they are in 1.5 and 2.5 :( ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back