• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Re:Coded cinematics tie into older titles' mysteries

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Co-director Tai Yasue has been busy doing interviews on the E3 expo this week, and while most of the interviews seem to focus on the more generic info of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX, such as its release date and which games it includes, there are some informative tidbits that have surfaced.

Just now, IGN asked him about a possible PS4 release for the HD collections and Yasue answered that the reason they're releasing on the PS3 is simply because it was decided during a time when the next generation of consoles weren't even relevant yet. However, he did not rule out the possibility of a future release of both HD collections for that platform, although nothing's been decided yet by Square Enix.

Next, Yasue was asked whether HD 2.5 ReMIX would include a collector's edition during launch, to which he replied that nothing's been decided on that matter either. The release is still nearly half a year away, so naturally there's still time.

Later, when asked about trophies, Yasue confirmed what he'd already been asked by KHInsider staff on the spot, being that they had learned a lot from having trophies in HD 1.5 ReMIX, along with the fact that there will be more trophies in this HD collection, seeing as there's such a "sheer amount of gameplay" this time around. 

Finally, Yasue confirmed that the new, "secret" scenes in Re:Coded will bring new information to light about older titles and will most likely lead into Kingdom Hearts 3. Previously, it was confirmed that the cinematics will be rougly three hours long, two of which will be brand new scenes mainly encompassing all the Disney worlds and the battles.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX releases October 2nd in Japan, December 2nd in the US and December 5th in Europe, exclusively on the PS3.

Kingdom Hearts Insider is at E3 this year. You can tweet questions to us at KHInsider on Twitter or follow us on Tumblr & Facebook for all the latest E3 and Kingdom Hearts news. 

SORA619

Awards
Re: New Re:Coded cinematics tie into older titles' mysteries

I never finished RE:Coded so it's about time too learn the story perfectly, although I know that beating the original will be the best experience. I'm really curious about these new cutscenes and also I really want to know about the diff trophies. Are the stackable this time? Really hope so. Also I hope that they added the capes for the armors.

FangirlfromHell

Awards

I look forward to the Coded cutscenes. Beating the original game was difficult even with the settings as easy as I could render them. It made my constant replays of Final Fantasy XII look like cakewalks.

I still hope they get rid of the ridiculous cape in Kingdom Hearts II FM for The Lingering Will so that it transitions with BBS better. The came is a major distraction and could make it difficult to see what you are doing if they do the reverse.

I definitely look forward to the trophies, but alas December is still six months away. Guess all we can do is play other games to prepare for then.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Glad that someone finally asked about collector's edition. At least now we know that they're still figuring it out and such. That puts my mind at ease. Just gotta wait until they get it all sorted out. TGS, probably.

Last edited:

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I'm sure they'll do some compilation title/collection with both ReMixes and Kingdom Hearts III on PS4 in the future. That would seem like a no brainer. I'm just glad they touched upon a possible collector's edition for II.5, if they do, I'd want it to be pretty big. Maybe not as big as a possible Kingdom Hearts III collector's edition but with some substantial amount of content.

Hopefully these new cutscenes make Re:coded's story much more interesting. It was pretty much the only title in the series that was a bit of a drag to play through

Antar

Awards

...it was confirmed that the cinematics will be rougly three hours long, two of which will be brand new scenes mainly encompassing all the Disney worlds and the battles.

The Coded cutscenes are sounding better and better!

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

This is sounding more and more like Re:coded may end up having a bit of BbSv2 in it. I am completely fine with that. Re:coded is going to be so hard to stay spoiler-free from when 2.5 comes out.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I'm sure they'll do some compilation title/collection with both ReMixes and Kingdom Hearts III on PS4 in the future. That would seem like a no brainer. I'm just glad they touched upon a possible collector's edition for II.5, if they do, I'd want it to be pretty big. Maybe not as big as a possible Kingdom Hearts III collector's edition but with some substantial amount of content.

Hopefully these new cutscenes make Re:coded's story much more interesting. It was pretty much the only title in the series that was a bit of a drag to play through

Do your trophies from PS3 transfer over to PS4? Because if so, I might just get the remastered versions of 1.5 and 2.5 for PS4 if they were made. Otherwise, no way. Not gonna forfeit all those hours of work just for fancier graphics :p

And yeah, given how 2.5 is releasing in Japan sooner, it makes sense that their CE stuff got announced first. I assume that western CE will be announced at TGS, most likely. It'd be nice if they announced it at Comic-Con, but it seems like they need more time to plan it out. So, TGS would give them plenty of time to do that.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

And we probably still won't know what the heck Namine is, but at this point I don't really care about that anymore.

I wonder how it'll be done and what they are. In Coded the journal had flashbacks of Riku (and I think one of Pluto, but I can't remember,) that shouldn't be in there. I wouldn't be surprised if, when Namine was setting the journal up, Riku though it'd be a good idea to insert some his own memories of some things that he has been doing throughout the series, and that Namine found some of Ven's memories that she decided to put in the book as well.
These new scenes may very well be BBSv2.

Gram

Banned
Awards

The news about coded has got me hyped most! I wonder what older mysteries will be covered (please be Micky getting KKD or Xehanort).

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

This is sounding more and more like Re:coded may end up having a bit of BbSv2 in it. I am completely fine with that. Re:coded is going to be so hard to stay spoiler-free from when 2.5 comes out.

I never thought of that possibility, but that might really work! Hope something like that is implemented, especially since Re:Coded's "movie" is longer than 358's.

WaveK89

The way I see it, Re:Coded will certainly be tying me over until KH3. At least, I only I have to avoid spoilers from Japan's release for two months if I want to wait until the English release. But, I had planned to play through KH2 and BBS before Re:Coded. I might not be able to make it through that, haha.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It could be things from BBSv.2 like I theorized months ago, but remember this;
Fami Weekly said:
There will be a scene where Re:coded leads up to KINGDOM HEARTS 3D.
I know it says scene, but keep in mind this is a translation and was from 6 months ago. It might be possible we get scenes of Xehanort picking up the recruits for KH3D (much like what looks to be happening here)

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

coded always had a few "mysteries" solved in it during the first few worlds (cutscenes you unlocked by clearing the world, like Pluto disappearing into the portal), but then they just... stopped after Traverse Town. My guess is that they had some more planned but they never made it in?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

coded always had a few "mysteries" solved in it during the first few worlds, but then they just... stopped. My guess is that they had some more planned but they never made it in?
I think it might have had something to do with the original mobile game. They got to Agrabah then cut straight to Hollow Bastion? Seems like something happened and they had to cut it short.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that it started out with mysteries that got dropped.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

It could be things from BBSv.2 like I theorized months ago, but remember this;

I know it says scene, but keep in mind this is a translation and was from 6 months ago. It might be possible we get scenes of Xehanort picking up the recruits for KH3D (much like what looks to be happening here)

So a scene of YMX or complete MX grabbing his pieces of darkness like Ansem and Xehanort or a hint to who the other seats are?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Really excited to see some dynamic battle sequences. It's pretty crazy that there will be over twice as much new content as there is old. Wonder what they're cramming in there...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Possibly yes. It would give a little backstory to previous games as well as bridging to KH3D at the same time. Two birds, one stone.

Gram

Banned
Awards

So a scene of YMX or complete MX grabbing his pieces of darkness like Ansem and Xehanort or a hint to who the other seats are?

Oh man the latter would be so awesome if they added it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back