• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nick Or Cartoon Network In KHIII: Would It Be Cool?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Would This Be Cool To See?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nameless

Well, if you go this way, then that way, then go s
Don't really know what forum I should put this in.

So, suppose Disney bought Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network. Because of this, Nick or CN worlds can now be in KH games. Would you think this would be cool to see?

I, personally, think it would. Imagine if, say, Dimmsdale from the Fairly OddParents were in. Timmy would be your party member, and there are three bosses: Francis and Crocker in the first visit, and Vicky in the second visit. I think finally getting to kick Vicky's ass would be awesome.

The Nameless

Love Machine

strut strut strut
That's the stupidest thing they could do. Nick and CN shows are much more crude and, in general, is complete random shit while someone in the background goes, "Yeahyuh". Neither Nick nor CN have a great history of shows, whereas Disney has many classics that many would actually be excited to see. The only good show on either of those channels would be Adventure Time, and that's just because it has a great back-story.

Nick can to stick to making those "Nicktoons Unite!!" games and CN can stick to those Super Cartoon Network Brawls.

JustSnilloc

Disney only has original (the degree of originality is debatable, but...) stuff. Cartoon Network/Nick have shows and movies that appear in many different things

Edit: Or Marvel... since Disney owns that now

Arkrend

Neither Nick nor CN have a great history of shows, whereas Disney has many classics that many would actually be excited to see..
You weren't around for the nineties were you?

- Rugrats
- Wild Thornberries
- Doug
- Catdog
- Fairly Oddparents
- Chalkzone

Nick had a lot of great shows and plenty of people my age will associate the nineties with Nickelodeon.

As a kid I remember that Cartoon Network had tons of classic and original shows. It had the most respect for animation out of the three channels.

Lately all three channels have lost their integrity to appeal to the "call of duty" age as they call it.

The fifties were a good time for animation, and Warner has made some of my favorite childhood films.

There isn't really anything good for kids these days. The only show my younger brother watches that I think is any good is the new Looney Tunes show.

The fifties, the eighties, the nineties... these were the days when animation and children's shows had respect. The big three have all fallen to be real honest, but if I had to choose one I would choose none.

CN might work because then Kingdom Hearts can include DC heroes, but honestly DC doesn't need ANOTHER crossover. They need to figure out their own stuff first.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You weren't around for the nineties were you?

- Rugrats
- Wild Thornberries
- Doug
- Catdog
- Fairly Oddparents
- Chalkzone

Nick had a lot of great shows and plenty of people my age will associate the nineties with Nickelodeon.

As a kid I remember that Cartoon Network had tons of classic and original shows. It had the most respect for animation out of the three channels.

Lately all three channels have lost their integrity to appeal to the "call of duty" age as they call it.

The fifties were a good time for animation, and Warner has made some of my favorite childhood films.

There isn't really anything good for kids these days. The only show my younger brother watches that I think is any good is the new Looney Tunes show.

The fifties, the eighties, the nineties... these were the days when animation and children's shows had respect. The big three have all fallen to be real honest, but if I had to choose one I would choose none.

CN might work because then Kingdom Hearts can include DC heroes, but honestly DC doesn't need ANOTHER crossover. They need to figure out their own stuff first.

Even as a 90s kid who loves all of those shows, I'd never want to see them in KH and I would not relate to it being in the game because I'd feel like somebody was stomping on my childhood. Lol, why would it include DC when it can have Marvel. I love DC more than Marvel but it is a bit illogical to have DC in KH when KH is Disney, which owns Marvel.

I said this the "A KH without Disney" thread, but Disney is timeless. It can appeal to all age ranges in all times, while CN and Nick are more dependent on the generation of children it is marketing to. What I liked in the 90s is not what kids today like (or what I even like now), yet everybody can enjoy Disney.

Arkrend

Even as a 90s kid who loves all of those shows, I'd never want to see them in KH and I would not relate to it being in the game because I'd feel like somebody was stomping on my childhood.

It's bad enough that Square doesn't get Mickey at all. Why is he a king? That's nothing like Mickey. Mickey is always down on his luck, but here he's freaking king!

No. The last thing Kingdom Hearts needs is to put more crossovers into the games.

I'm not in defense of the hypothetical appearance of CN or Nick in Kingdom Hearts. I'm hardly in support of Disney in Kingdom Hearts since Disney was only relevant in... one game. The first one.

Birth By Sleep did a decent job handling the crossover element, but it only felt necessary in Kingdom Hearts 1.

I don't know why people want to include more crossover elements when Disney is hardly important anymore.

Lol, why would it include DC when it can have Marvel. I love DC more than Marvel but it is a bit illogical to have DC in KH when KH is Disney, which owns Marvel.

I don't want any superheroes in anything outside their universe honestly, but it's the only thing CN has to offer. Even then it's a stupid idea.

DC doesn't need ANOTHER crossover. They need to figure out their own stuff first.

With DC I only want their 52 universe being mentioned or a Christopher Nolen film. Nolen is writing and directing the Superman movie. If only he was available for the Green Lantern movie.

I said this the "A KH without Disney" thread, but Disney is timeless. It can appeal to all age ranges in all times, while CN and Nick are more dependent on the generation of children it is marketing to. What I liked in the 90s is not what kids today like (or what I even like now), yet everybody can enjoy Disney.

Disney movies are sometimes timeless. Everything else is typical for the stuff they have these days.

Lately it seems like Disney's success is more due to their fame then what they have to offer.

The point is that Disney has as many faults as Nick and CN, and that Kingdom Hearts does not need any more crossovers.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
No. That would ruin III for me. I want Disney, Keyblades, and Square Enix. Why do people want more added? And why so many "what if?" threads today?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don't know what's more stupid.The Shiki winking at Riku thread, the Logo significance thread, the series structure thread or this one.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't know what's more stupid.The Shiki winking at Riku thread, the Logo significance thread, the series structure thread or this one.

All of them, really...although the Shiki winking at Riku one was made of great lulz. And site staff got to troll the Logo thread with no shame.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
No sttupider than the whole Post E3 DDD news talk or the fake interview back in June/July. That Chaser is stupid.
It was our first news on the game for months, and it came after the "disappointment" of E3, you really can't blame us.

And yes, the Post E3 news was stupid.
"He said it would be there!!!"
"When did he say that?"
"I dunno but it's not there WAAAH."

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Sure, let's treat a 14 year old's thread like crap and then derail it. =\

Having said that -- I don't care if this were to happen. Most of the implementation of Disney elements in KH are done poorly so that it wouldn't be any worse to me if they added a Courage the Cowardly Dog or Johnny Bravo world/characters. At this point I would say no because of the way it's universe is structured and they would be just as tacked and disjointed as other elements that have been introduced in later games.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Okay casue I'm not gonna make the kid feel bad. (I have standards you know.) I really don't think it would happen. Disney can't buy out Nick or CN and they really have no need to.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Its more lilkly to see wolverine then a nick cartooon. Esp since kingdom hearts uses movies not cartoons

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I'm wondering right now if the only vote for "Yes" is the OP, because that vote was entered as soon as the thread was created lol

Besides, I don't know why Disney would want to buy out CN or Nick. It's like asking for your dog to take a dump just so you can have it for yourself.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Sure, let's treat a 14 year old's thread like crap and then derail it. =\

Having said that -- I don't care if this were to happen. Most of the implementation of Disney elements in KH are done poorly so that it wouldn't be any worse to me if they added a Courage the Cowardly Dog or Johnny Bravo world/characters. At this point I would say no because of the way it's universe is structured and they would be just as tacked and disjointed as other elements that have been introduced in later games.

My threads get derailed and I'm thirteen, I ain't even mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back