• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura a Liar?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora The Key

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
What do you mean "she wasn't introduced?" We see her in KH1 o_0
Besides, why do you think translaters made the error of "Bleig" or "Why did HE pick you." You don't question it, the answer is just that mistakes happen.

also in Re:CoM they mistranslated Lethal Frames, to Lethal Flames.

EDIT: they also mistranslate Dilan's name to Dilin

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
What do you mean "she wasn't introduced?" We see her in KH1 o_0
Besides, why do you think translaters made the error of "Bleig" or "Why did HE pick you." You don't question it, the answer is just that mistakes happen.

That's what I meant when I said "assuming that Nomura cares about new fans" as in new players as in those who haven't played KH1. Since this line was said at Mysterious Tower before Queen Minnie was introduced, it should have said "Pete was banished by Queen Minnie" instead of "Pete was banished Her Majesty" if that was the intention.

But it's pretty obvious it's not since she wasn't yet introduced and King Mickey was - and quite heavily, too - so they did mean "Pete was banished by His Majesty".

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
But it's pretty obvious it's not since she wasn't yet introduced and King Mickey was - and quite heavily, too - so they did mean "Pete was banished by His Majesty".
That's probably why the translators translated it like that, but that doesn't mean that was always Nomura's intention. He could've very well had known it was Minnie at the point, or perhaps, knowing it was gender neutral, he decided to keep it a mystery.

Still, the point is, it was a translation error, not a "lie".

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Yeah he says they "didn't appear", people right away just started spouting "they didn't exist!" then everyone sees them in BBS and goes "WTF TESTUYA NAMORA PLOT HOLEZ"

It was also reported that Nomura stated that the Unversed (still being called Unbirths at that time) could be seen as a sort of starting point for the Heartless.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
Nomura: "Heartless were not around"
Not Around =/= Non-Existent

Unless you're psychic, there is no way in hell other than to interpret that sentence as Not Around=Not existent. Especially when Nomura "hinted" that the Unversed were precursors to the heartless. Even if he did not lie, he indirectly inferred that the heartless did not exist.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
If anyone had played KH1 and 2 it would be kind of obvious that heartless were always around.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Unless you're psychic, there is no way in hell other than to interpret that sentence as Not Around=Not existent. Especially when Nomura "hinted" that the Unversed were precursors to the heartless. Even if he did not lie, he indirectly inferred that the heartless did not exist.
It's still not a lie... just misinterpretation from the fans.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
It's still not a lie... just misinterpretation from the fans.

How is Nomura stating that Unversed can be seen as a sort of starting point for the Heartless a misinterpretation by the fans? Plus, the pre-BBS games were definitely setting Xehanort as the Heartless' creator, with the only thing to the contrary being Leon's baseless claim of Heartless always existing. It wasn't until BBS that there was anything actually suggesting that Heartless had existed since darkness. Also, on another, but related, note, the concept of the Unversed, before the game was released, is different from the end result, them being a starting point for Heartless one example and being "the opposite of life" another.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
How is Nomura stating that Unversed can be seen as a sort of starting point for the Heartless a misinterpretation by the fans?
First of all, one has to consider these are translations, and translations are always prone to error, or misinterpretation. Especially those earlier interviews who were translated by someone who used Google Translate as a sustaining arc.

Plus, the pre-BBS games were definitely setting Xehanort as the Heartless' creator, with the only thing to the contrary being Leon's baseless claim of Heartless always existing.
I disagree. Leon's comments as well as Yen Sid's from KH2's and the simple fact that it doesn't really make sense for one person to change how the universe works through simple tests on the heart made it kind of obvious Purebloods always existed. To me anyway. I'm not surprised that people thought differently, but really, there is no contradiction when looking at the facts.

related, note, the concept of the Unversed, before the game was released, is different from the end result, them being a starting point for Heartless one example and being "the opposite of life" another
Um... Unversed aren't to be considered "the opposite of life". They're called Unversed because they are not well versed with life, you know, due to the fact that all they are is negative emotions made real.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
That's probably why the translators translated it like that, but that doesn't mean that was always Nomura's intention. He could've very well had known it was Minnie at the point, or perhaps, knowing it was gender neutral, he decided to keep it a mystery.

Still, the point is, it was a translation error, not a "lie".

But why would he purposely not inform his translators that it was Minnie? I'm sorry, but that's just laughably weak.

Satoshi

Nomura can lie all he want or not, I don't really care as long as there's actual heartless. The heartless are key to the KH series and no game is complete without them. The unversed do make for a nice change, but Unversed (and Nobodies, for that matter) are overly awesome and must not be left out.

Absolute

Yeah he says they "didn't appear", people right away just started spouting "they didn't exist!" then everyone sees them in BBS and goes "WTF TESTUYA NAMORA PLOT HOLEZ"

I recall someone here after that scene came out in the Japanese version was so unbelievably pissed off and claimed he lied that they wanted to start a class action lawsuit and sue Nomura for lying. Granted, it could have simply been a deliberate overreaction for laughs, but I found it amusing.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
You know I love how all the Nomura haters constantly say "He's a liar!" without ever proving how or why he's a liar. It ain't his fault that you guys assume crap he never said.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
But why would he purposely not inform his translators that it was Minnie? I'm sorry, but that's just laughably weak.
Why did he not inform his translators that it's "Braig" not "Bleig"? or "Dilan" not "Dilin" or "Aeleus" not "Eleus"?
KH2 is filled with translation errors, in comparison, this small one is barely noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back