• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Nothing...is Eternal

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exvind

Somewhere on the planet Earth. Hope that helps.
((Note that this is my first fanfic, and may not be very good at all. Also note, that if anything I say is blatantly wrong, I apologize.))

-Prologue-

One could have said that The World That Never Was had truly never been. Years had passed since the time of the Keyblade Master Sora, Riku, and co. And in those years, the world borderlining the realm of Darkness had become almost completely deserted and forgotten. What once had been a city filled with Nobodies, was now a desolate, abandoned Twilight Realm. The Organization that had once had control of the Castle That Never Was could have never existed at all...ironic, isn't it?

Throughout the empty streets and buildings of the Dark City, maybe only three or four Dusks appeared at any one time, unsure of how they managed to arrive here from Twilight Town and wandering looking for themselves in a sense. And forever casting the twilight was the shattered Kingdom Hearts, resting in the sky as empty as the creatures who dwelt in this void in-between. And then, there was the ghostly white floating Fortress...and it was in there that a lone 'special' Nobody waited in the room that had been called Proof of Existance.

A quiet and solemn voice was the only thing that broke the seemingly eternal silence that loomed over the world, as a figure looked at the graves of the Organization XIII. "Number XIII: Roxas...the Key of Destiny. Number XII: Larxene...the Savage Nymph. Number XI: Marluxia...the Graceful Assasin. Number X: Luxord...the Gambler of Fate. Number IX: Demyx...the Melodius Nocturne. Number VIII: Axel...the Flurry of Dancing Flames. Number VII: Saix...the Luna Divider. Number VI: Zexion...the Cloaked Schemer. Number V: Lexaeus...the Silent Hero. Number IV: Vexen...the Chilly Academic. Number III: Xaldin...the Whirlwind Lancer. Number II: Xigbar...the Freeshooter. And Number I: Xemnas...the Superior...

...You did not exist, yet I know that you once did. Lost forever in the pursuit of becoming whole once more. Eliminated for the excuse that you didnt belong...just as I should not belong. Though I never knew you...I shall carry out the dream that you wished you could have seen through. There shall be a new Order...a new Organization...and the Superior that is needed for its creation. Though I should be Number XIV...I shall take the needed role of Number I: Exvind...the Superior."

These words came from a humanoid Nobody...one dressed in the infamous cloak of the Organization. He stood at approximately six feet, and had a slim frame. His voice was deep and thoughtful, but completely emotionless. He did not try and trick himself. He had no heart...he had no emotions. He was nothing, yet something. A Nobody. From beneath his hood, a pair of eyes began to glow with an eerie red light, as he snapped his fingers, bringing forth two of every common and elite Nobody, excepting the giants Twilight Thorn and Spectre. To the lesser creatures, he ordered,

"Go forth to the worlds...search for others like myself...and bring them here...we shall all be whole once more...soon." And through many Dark Corridors, the Nobodies dispersed...to rebuild Organization XIII.

End of Prologue. Act One Beginning Soon

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
-claps hands- good i like how did a prologue and did the org numbers and names i find it impressive cant wait till u get acts up

C

Charlie

I am agreeing completely to the responses given to you above. You have indeed put forth a very admirable amount of effort into something as small, and foreshadowing as a 'prologue' itself. Your words contained an element of mystery, beauty, and professional spark to them. Whatever the case, I will say that this first fanfiction of yours has truly captivated me thus far. Not as many people here are capable of accomplishing that instant feeling to them that most definitely hints of intensity of the story to come.

You remained attentive to every beginning detail, as well aspect to the Organization, which is something that has earned you some 'credibility' from me in terms of respect.

My very warmest thank you to you for giving me a reason to start commenting on the various talents of the creators of KHI fanfiction.

I'll make very sure to linger around your upcoming chapters in the future. You've done quite well on achieving a noticeable first impression.

-Reputation will be given to you as 'soon' as my time limit exceeds that I had apparently given out too much within 24 hours, (roffle)-

My last wish will be for you, Exvind to please continue.

~xoxo/fu: theBeau

Exvind

Thank you all for your oh so generous comments. Act I, Scene I is underway, and might be up as early as tonight, or as late as Friday. I am also open to any suggestions that you would like to see in upcoming scenes and Acts.

Also, for those even remotely confused, I use 'scenes' as chapters, and Acts as parts. So it would be the same as saying Part I, Chapter I. Or Part III, Chapter VIII and so on and so forth.

Once more, comments welcome.

-Exvind

Exvind

Act I
Scene I: Wherefore, O ye of Empty Shells?

It was a known fact that when someone opened their heart to Darkness, their hearts were removed, and engulfed in that darkness which then proceeded to manifest itself physically as a Heartless. The Heartless and resulting Nobody would vary depending on the strength of the heart. For instance, a very weak person with a very weak heart would create a common Shadow, while his body disappears, and reappears deformed probably as the Nobody known as a Creeper. On the other hand, say a very strong-willed person is broken quickly and succumbs to the Darkness, the result could very well be a Behemoth and Twilight Thorn combination. But then, there are the special cases...the strongest hearts, and their special Nobodies.

Those were the Nobodies which for the most part retained their human shapes, if only slight differences and strange powers. These oddities were the Nobodies which formed the Organization all those years ago. And as it happened, one of those abnormal Nobodies suddenly awoke...In Twilight Town.

His eyes shot opened, and he gasped for air while squinting his eyes due to the sudden presence of light. The only thing on his eyes was the darkness....the darkness which consumed him...but, wait. He wasn't there any more...but why did that not surprise him? Why wasn't he surprised? Confused yes, but...nothing...no excitement...no emotion. But...he remembered being happy once, being sad, being angry, but now he felt nothing...empty...hollow. What WAS he!?

This confused being sat up, for he had been laying in the grass within the gates of what looked like a long-abandoned mansion. The mansion itself had vast amounts of ivy covering the walls, and every window that could be seen from the exterior hid whatever was inside with white, dust-covered curtains. The man who just awoke was wearing a black cloak, boots, and gloves...all of which appeared to be made out of some strange black leather. For an even odder reason...it simply seemed that it was meant to be there with no complaints. To be perfectly honest, it fit him perfectly. He had short, blonde hair which came down to just above his eyebrows. His eyes were a deep, blue, almost cerulean color, and had the appearance of a 25-year old man. He had a generally average build as well. He stood, and found himself standing amongst ruined pillars, completely alone...but there was the suspicion that he was not alone. He could not have called it a feeling for he apparently had none.

His suspiscions were well-founded, for at that moment, the sound of footsteps appeared behind this black-clad figure, who spun 180 degrees to face this newcomer, and find some answers. However, it was no person...it was a white figure standing at about 5'6, whose body appeared to be made out of leather whiter than thought possible. Its fingers were bound together by what looked like black belts, and neon-esque lights were pulsating along its sides. Its mouth gaped open like an unzipped fly (for lack of a better term) with a smaller, black mouth within. But the notable object of intrest, was the strange emblem on the creature's triangular head: The Splintered Heart. It wavered from side-to-side, as if the laws of physics and gravity did not apply to it.

It did not speak directly to him, for it had no voice, but it appeared as if this creature spoke to the black-clad man's mind. "We have come for you my leige." Famous words that had been spoken once before to a renegade Organization Member...the only one that had become whole again: Roxas. But this new-born Nobody looked a the Dusk with a quizzical look. He had no idea what it was, or what its intentions were...but it had call him 'my leige.' It clearly had some level of intelligence, and knew something about what he was. So...reluctantly, he nodded to the creature which then proceeded to fly towards him, grabed this black figure by the arm, and disappeared into what Ansem the Wise once named a 'Dark Corridor.'

It was a cold sensation, passing through the Darkness again, before reappearing in a large, white, circular room. Surrounding the perimeter of the room, were thirteen thrones of varying heighth. Everywhere, the identical emblems were scattered yet a part of the architechture...even on the floor. The Dusk that had led this man here was nowhere to be found, so he stood alone observing his surroundings, and looking up through the window/ceiling to meet a shocking sight. Admist the empty black night, was an almost miniscule heart-shaped moon. This newcomer gazed at it, before being snapped out of his trance by a low, monotonous voice,

"It was much larger once...and contained so many hearts. It was almost complete once too, and could have made our kind whole again. But then a calamity struck, and destroyed our precious Kingdom Hearts. An explanation is in order, as you must be confused. The odds are that you woke not long ago, fiding yourself...empty. You remembered your life, but the memories of your feelings and your heart are just that...memories. But I'm here to change that."

The voice came from the throne, with a I at the head. It was several meters above the newcomer's head, so he had to gaze up to see who had spoken. His blue eyes looked up to meet the red ones visible from under this other man's hood.

"Who are you?! What are you!? What happened to me!?" The newcomer shouted, almost sounding human, but it was an act.

In the same flat tone, the figure on the throne spoke once more. "In order, I am known as Exvind, and I am a Nobody, just like both you, the Dusk that brought you here, and all the inhabitants of this world. And what happened to you, is quite simple. You once were a strong-hearted being, but then you succumbed to the power of darkness, just as we all did. Your heart currently is in the form of a Heartless, which now compulsively searches for more hearts. What you are...is a mere shell. But that is why I brought you here. For you see, I am re-establishing an old Organization, which was once devoted to becoming whole once more before its members were killed for the sole reason of not being whole. The worlds of the Light regard us as mistakes...Non-Existant Ones...but if you will join my little Organization, I vow that all of our kind shall be whole once more. So, will you accept my offer?"

It was clear only to pure professionals that Exvind spoke in a manipulating manner...almost with a God Complex. Nonetheless, his words made sense to this newcomer, who nodded in response while adding, "...Yeah...I'll do it."

A purely false smile appeared beneath Exvind's hood, and he asked, "This is good...tell me, what is your name?"

"Eli." He responded, almost curiously.

"Not anymore...as a mark of brotherhood, your name is now...Lixe. Number II in this Organization XIII" Exvind responded, motioning towards the throne with a II on it, which sat at a lower elevation than the Superior's own.

"I dont see the other eleven...do they 'Not Exist?'" Lixe responded, attempting to add an air of smugness into his words.

"Worry not Lixe...they shall be arriving shortly....sooner than you think."

End of Act I, Scene I

Act I, Scene II coming soon.

Last edited:

Exvind

Once again, an apology is in order. School has taken up much of my schedule, so I am forced to do one thing that I personally had saved for last resorts:

If you would wish to write and Sumbit Scene II, go ahead, and I shall make changes if necessary once my time is free again.

Exvind

Act I
Scene II: From the Ashes...

And Exvind's words rang true. In a short matter of months, which was not long at all due to the seeming invulnerability of Nobodies to aging, the next eleven members were born, and gathered. It was running like clockwork...it had only taken one Nobody to control the Heartless, to seek those with strong hearts. Even simpler to create the needed Nobodies. One might have called that act "morally bankrupt," but Exvind pursued his goals all the same. With the added members, the Castle That Never Was expanded...most notably, the graveyard of the original thirteen members had been increased to encompass doors for the next thirteen. They were labeled as such:

Number I: Exvind, The Superior
Number II: Lixe, The Axe Golem
Number III: Nomiduxs, The Shadowed Murderer
Number IV: Roxna, The Burning Temptress
Number V: Xiraesl, The Hunter in the Sand
Number VI: Coalexin, The Demonic Herald
Number VII: Xaufst, The Gale Savant
Number VIII: X: The Life Alchemist
Number IX: Moxtmy, The Nocturnal Samurai
Number X: Jexan, The Blind Jester
Number XI: Larchiex, The Aquatic Madman
Number XII: Taxp, The Lord of Dusk
and Number XIII: Exoj, The Hidden Basilisk

Organization XIII had emerged once more from Nothing...almost ironic. But now, each throne was filled, and all of the Nobodies were together again. Nomiduxs, had long black hair, a gaunt pale face, deep black eyes, and adopted the persona of a cold, hard, assasin. Roxna, had burning red hair, glowing green eyes, and attempted to put on the facade of a seductress...and had the looks needed to perform that role. Xiraesl had brown/blonde short hair, and equally-colored eyes. He attempted to keep his personality as a bandit from the desert. Coalexin was bald, and wore sunglasses over his eyes...the Nobody was probably a cult leader when whole. Xaufst had grey hair in a crew cut, with a thick moustache and could always be seen with an unlabled book in his hands, and could have easily been a professor. X was an anomaly...he had no name to begin with, and kept a black, featureless mask when he was reborn. He almost never spoke...but when he did, it was with a loathing of his incompleteness. Jexan had short black hair, and was indeed blind...but relied on his hearing and found something laughable in everything, and was good at acting it. Larchiex had shoulder-length blonde hair with a goatee, and pretended that he had a God Complex. Taxp feigned split-personality complex...and was also very good at acting it.

...And then there was Exoj. He was of critical intrest to Exvind for reasons unkown to all of them...but something big was going to happen in the near future...something that would make the worlds remember Organization XIII...and make them remember the fear...

End of Act I: Scene II

(OOC: BLARG! Short, sorry, my comp died and everything was lost...I couldn't even post!)

Exvind

Act I Finale: I Write Sins...

The time had finally come. The pieces of the puzzle had come together...the pawns in the game had gathered, and it was the Eve of an event that would change the worlds forever. The line between light and darkness would be forever blurred after what would happen today. When Exvind had begun his Crusade to gather Nobodies, he not only found the members of his new Organization, but had ammassed an army of primitive Nobodies as well. The streets of the Dark City, which had been all but abandoned a few short months ago, now teemed with the incomplete creatures, awaiting the order. Some went about their meaningless lives attempting to remember their hearts, while others gazed vacantly at their splintered Kingdom Hearts which seemed to be begging to be complete, a wish even the Dusks could understand.

In the Throne Room, Numbers II through XIII waited for Exvind to arrive. He had ordered them to gather, and said that THEIR Dawn was sooner than they had previously thought. It was time for their Exodus from this eternal state of Nothingness. Minutes passed, and the Organization remained silent, before a Dark Corridor opened on Exvind's Throne. However, when the always-hooded figure stepped out, he did not sit, rather, began speaking in a 'hollow' voice so to speak.

"...It is time."

With that, all XIII Members travelled through the Dark Corridors appearing in formation on a ledge of the exterior of the Castle That Never Was, when the Nobodies dwelling in the City ran out and gathered outside the pit. This was the moment they had been waiting for. Dusks, Creepers, Berserkers, Dancers, Sorcerers, Dragoons, Snipers, Samurais, Assasins, Twilight Thorns, Spectres, and even Gamblers were gathered. From the viewpoint of the organization, every street, alley, and corner was filled with their white bodies, contrasting the black of the buildings. There were well over 1,000,000 Nobodies under the command of the Organization. Beneath his hood, Exvind put on a false smile. He stood at the front of the triangle formation, and raised his arms and spoke so loudly the entire army could hear the leader of their XIII Generals.

"My fellow Nobodies! We have all been born, told that we are mistakes, that we should not exist, because we lack our hearts. The obvious solution is to gain our hearts back, and become whole once more! The Organization before us nearly succeeded, but was stopped by the weilders of the Keyblade...but that is one factor we do not have to add this time! To gain our hearts, our forefathers attempted to create our own Kingdom Hearts, which now lies empty like the rest of us...but this time, we do not need to depend on a whole Keyblade Weilder to acheive that dream...you have me!"

With a fast sweeping motion, throwing his arms out to the side, hunching over slightly as Axel once did all those years ago, but rather than flames, amorphous shapes of white and black swirled around his hands, enlongating and coming to a point, before forming into two famous shapes: Keyblades. They were unlike any other: The handles were in the shape of Nobody emblems, alternating black and white thorns on the blade itself, with the splintered heart as the edge.

With that cue, Lixe produced a massive Axe from the ground far beneath him, Nomiduxs called forth many blades attatched to chains from the darkness, Roxna summoned her whip from the flames, Xiraesl created a rifle from sand, Coalexin with a large horn that looked like a blade, Xaufst opened his unlabled book to create whirlwinds beneath him, X's mask formed an intricate design which appeared to be in blood, Moxtmy came forth with his katanas, Jexan revealed many daggers, Larichex formed massive gauntlets from water, Taxp drew a massive broadsword, and Exoj allowed ebony snakes to slither from the sleeves of his robe, almost like an extension of his body.

Down below, the Nobodies put on the best cheer they could remember, pretending they still had their hearts. They would be whole soon...their XIII Emperors would not fail them. Exvind was their Master, the others like Generals. But to the Superior, he saw his black and white pawns laid out on the chessboard, ready to be manipulated to make him whole again. It was their time...HIS time. Beneath the hood his eyes began to glow red, and he let out an echoing laugh.

On a small island, in the middle of the night, an old woman sleeping in a chair near the fireplace woke suddenly, her purple eyes filled with fear. In her mind, she had heard laughter clawing from the darkness...and the black cloaks from her youth. Quietly, trembling, she muttered, "Dear God no...not again......Oh Sora....if only you were still alive...you'd know what to do......."

End of Act I

Coming Soon: Act II: Prologue

Exvind

Act II: Prologue

"This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
Not a bang, but a whimper. "
-T.S. Elliot

Act I of the story has ended. It told the story of the rise of the new Organization XIII. Now is the time we: the onlookers, readers, and observers in this story, skip forward exactly Thirteen years. As is expected, XIII is the key number throughout the history of the Nobodies. Much has transpired in this time. The already elderly Kiari passed away, leaving her unfortunate grandchildren into a lifetime under a theacracy....all creatures of the light servants, to their XIII Gods...helpess.

You see, The Organization led a massive campaign throughout the worlds, establishing their rule with an iron fist using thier ammassed army. Many resisted for a time, before they led to embrace the darkness in a hope to combat the 'Non-Existant Threat'. But as we would know, that led only to the birth of a new Nobody, and Heartless which was then executed by the organization, and captured the heart imprisioned inside. Unfortunately, the worlds had to give in for their own salvation.

One by one, each world fell into the same state as the World That Never Was...each with a Castle belonging to a seperate member. Twilight Town fell to Lixe. The Destiny Islands to Nomiduxs, Roxna took control over The Land of Dragons, Xiraesl took Agrabah, Coalexin managed to take Olympus...swiftly ending Hades' reign, Xaufst set up his base in what used to be Beast's Castle, X completely warped the Pride Lands, Moxtmy felt at home in Holloween Town, Jexan deformed Disney Castle, Larichex spread madness through Atlantica, Taxp overthrew Port Royal, Exoj remained a sentry in The World That Never Was...and Exvind set up the capital of his empire in what used to be the Radiant Garden.

The Whole became loyal subjects...test subjects as well. They obeyed their masters, they were spared. They fought back...they were eliminated. The remains of Kingom Hearts slowly started to form back together with the energy gathered from the hearts...and was near completion. But there was one group of rebels that managed to be a thorn in the side of the Organization, was a group known as "The Road to Dawn." Act II shall follow THEIR story...

Act II Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back