• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Oh, hey, Imma borrow your girlfriend

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Just curious to see what people think of this. It's not any different than something you usually hear about, but now that I find myself in this situation... yeah.

So I'm a freshman in college and due to varying schedules in work and school, I didn't have much time to hang out with a good friend of mine from high school, Danny, who also ended up in this college.

But towards the start of the second semester, when we saw that our schedules didn't conflict, we started hanging out more and he invited me to this party. Long story short, I had a great time.

While I was there, I met his new girlfriend (and by "new" I mean a few months since the last time I had seen him, he was with someone else). Admittedly, yeah, I found myself attracted to her, but it wasn't like I even considered flirting with one of my best friend's girls. Just an urge that was easily ignored.

However, at one point late at night, she started talking to me on her own. It got to a point where I was thinking, "I hope Danny doesn't take this the wrong way." Turns out, as I found out later, he did, and they had a fight over it. Anyway, we talked about our majors, religion, and life in general for well over an hour. While I made a conscious effort to act like I wanted to stop talking to her, I won't deny that there definitely was a connection.

After spending time with them at several lunches, I learned that their relationship was on the rocks at this point for multiple reasons. So she started texting me a shitload for advice and to be consoled. I actually tried to keep them together because I didn't want to be in the middle of an awkward breakup, but it was inevitable and she started to get really clingy to me after the breakup.

I thought to myself, "I'm not going out with her. It's too soon and I'd never do that to my friend, I'd feel like shit."
She assured me that Danny would be ok with it, because they decided to remain friends and all. And then Danny did approve of it, he almost wanted to hook me up with her.

Given that I've been too hesitant in the past and for some reason, I seem to be scared of commitment (and find excuses not to be), I decided not to give it a second thought. So we just went on our first date, which went great.

But now Danny has taken it back, and he's having problems with "us." And he has hinted that he wants her back. In fact, up until we had the first date, he went back and forth between being "ok" and "not ok" with it. So our plans went back and forth between "a date" and "a non-date/fun night." At one point, she expressed that she was torn and was wondering if she should get back together with him (what with my excuses for commitment, I practically encouraged her to get back together with him). Please don't take this the wrong way either. He's not the kind of guy that would expect to turn a girl off and on on a whim, and she's not the kind of girl that wants competition for attention. And I'm definitely not the kind of guy that steals girlfriends, his friendship has been my top priority even if it may not sound like it. In the end, it was considered a date (kissing wouldn't be something you do on a "non-date") and our relationship has been solidified.

She's back down in Florida at the moment with her family (Spring Break), so there's at least time to think things over, but it looks like we will be going on a second date.
I've been thinking about it and I'm not really sure what to do.

Sawah

unofficial HOTH
Awards
bros before hoes, man. talk to him about it, like one-on-one. if he's not okay with it, then forget her, and make HIM promise he wont go back to her either.

Hokage

Banned
Awards
Honestly, you're fucked either way you go. You broke the cardinal rule of bros before hoes. This is what is destined to happen. You'll either be with her, make it work and lose your good friend due to jealousy, or you'll lose both of them once she figures out she doesn't know what she wants and after she leaves you, you will have a very tough time getting back to the level of friendship you had before with your bro.

This is why that rule was made people, keep your hormones in check and don't mess with your friends girls, no matter how much you "connect" because it never ends well, ever.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
bros before hoes, man. talk to him about it, like one-on-one. if he's not okay with it, then forget her, and make HIM promise he wont go back to her either.

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I agree with Disc Jockey. If your friend's okay with it then go for it if you want, but considering what you said about how close your relationship is with your friend, along with how you just met this girl for the most part.

Of course it's ultimately your decision, I just know whenever one of my friends dates a girl, for whatever reason, she's off limits. For good. I expect them to do the same for me.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Don't lose a good friend over a girl who isn't going to be with you in the long run.

Regardless of what he tells you, he's still going to get jealous. If you drop her, you'll both be happy.

Awards
That's the thing, though, I technically didn't even break the rule.

I explicitly told her that I put my friendship with him before any potential relationship, and I even got his blessing. Now all of a sudden, he's changed his mind. The fact is that he seemed like he got over it fast. And one of the reasons why they broke up was because it was "just physical."

I don't feel like I violated anything even if I am at fault on some level.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Don't worry about it man, it just takes a few days/weeks for people to get over things, sooner or later it will be abad dream.

I will never have a girlfriend, but that's because no one likes my personaility.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
Think of it this way, your going to be kissing and touching the same parts your best friend did. It's like you guys are sharing a kiss.

Hokage

Banned
Awards
That's the thing, though, I technically didn't even break the rule.

I explicitly told her that I put my friendship with him before any potential relationship, and I even got his blessing. Now all of a sudden, he's changed his mind. The fact is that he seemed like he got over it fast. And one of the reasons why they broke up was because it was "just physical."

I don't feel like I violated anything even if I am at fault on some level.

It wasn't just physical. He doesn't want to admit it but he got emotional ties to her, and seeing her with you brings those back full force. Even if he gave his blessing, it's not enough man. Think about it, this dude had physical relations with this girl..either sex or kissing whatever I don't know, but now you're in the process of taking his sloppy seconds, and it's not some random guy, it's one of your best friends.

There are other fish in the sea bro, keep on fishing.

"Also, you better give him back your girlfriend, or your ass is grass."

Awards
It wasn't just physical. He doesn't want to admit it but he got emotional ties to her, and seeing her with you brings those back full force. Even if he gave his blessing, it's not enough man. Think about it, this dude had physical relations with this girl..either sex or kissing whatever I don't know, but now you're in the process of taking his sloppy seconds, and it's not some random guy, it's one of your best friends.

There are other fish in the sea bro, keep on fishing.

"Also, you better give him back your girlfriend, or your ass is grass."

I'm not even trying to make this about me, to be honest. The advice that there's other fish out there is sort of irrelevant, because I realize that, and it's not really an issue with me.

I'm just concerned about them.
Not gonna lie, yeah, I'd like to be with her, but, at least while the relationship is still at its beginning, I'm totally fine with ending it. I'm more worried about her and, if we did end it, how that would affect her given that the breakup hurt her a lot more than it did him (he was the one that broke up). That's two breakups back to back. And I do want to be friends with her, at the very least, I'm just not sure how she sees me though (is this all or none? can we be friends?).

Danny has said that he's fine with it again, but it's like, given how many times he's flip flopped, I don't believe him even if he seems genuine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back