• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Once Upon a Studio: Disney 100th Anniversary special coming October 15th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards

This looks really cool! I like how each character is animated in their original format, and I can't wait to see who else shows up!
yeah. i already spotted a few rare characters in this trailer alone. John Henry, Ben Franklin and Amos, and i think i spotted Cyril from the Wind in the Willows. oh this is gonna be fun pointing out all characters present.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Ursula's the only one who looks weird to me, but everyone else looks fine.
I'm happy for you.

floraoffmodelkhi.png

For me I don't want them to look fine when the 3D characters look like they are perfectly pulled straight from their theatrical releases. They look on-model.. for a DisneyToon sequel. The three good fairies, Ursula and the cast @ 40s stuck out like sore thumbs to me. They at least improved their cheapquel practices by upping the silky smoothness of motion with more animation frames.

WaltK

Awards
I'm happy for you.

View attachment 16227

For me I don't want them to look fine when the 3D characters look like they are perfectly pulled straight from their theatrical releases. They look on-model.. for a DisneyToon sequel. The three good fairies, Ursula and the cast @ 40s stuck out like sore thumbs to me. They at least improved their cheapquel practices by upping the silky smoothness of motion with more animation frames.
Random snark is a bit out of left field.

But anyway, what I meant was I think most of the "off-model" characters look fine for what they are. I get that they don't all look exactly like they did in their respective movies, but I don't find the way they do look to be off-putting or anything.

Ursula is the one exception. Something about her just… it's setting something off, I just dunno what.

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
@Ernest-Panda - Your original reply came off as dismissive, but it's why I posted a picture to clarify my pov just in case you didn't understand where I was coming from.

It's Disney's 100th. They are honoring the legacy of Disney animation. Animation - this is what they do. I know they could do better. I'm still interested in the final product, and I'll see it when I check out Wish. Looks like there are different (legacy) animators attached that got to pick and choose passion projects as sequences to work on, so it could be varying degrees of quality when it comes to 2D.

Last edited:

PikaPal

Awards
Managed to see the short and I loved this a lot.

Just a big ol' celebration of years worth of Disney animation. Love these kind of big crossovers when they're done the right way and not in a obnoxious "Look at all the shit we own!" sort of way (lookin' at you Space Jam 2 and Ralph Breaks the Internet).

Plenty of archive audio (makes me happy Robin Williams got to be the Genie one last time via it) and some surprising choices -
Jim Cummings as Baloo (he's voiced nearly every important character from The Jungle Book at this rate), Bob Joles as Cogsworth, Piotr Michael as Iago and Alan Tudyk as The Mad Hatter.

Funnily enough Richard Epcar (Ansem) was also in the cast as well voicing Little John from Robin Hood which was pretty cool.

Last edited:

WaltK

Awards
I just watched it and I LOVED IT I LOVED IT I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!

There are a number of things to unpack, and I'm definitely going to watch it again and freeze frame to get in all the cameos, but here are some preliminary points (gonna go ahead and spoiler just in case):

Spoiler Spoiler Show

UPDATE:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

WaltK

Awards
Oh yeah, and I guess now's a good a time as any to say; Happy Birthday Disney.

You may not be perfect, but you make some damn fine works of art. Here's to another century 🥂

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Finally watched this (ironically in-between viewings of the Space Jam films).

Took me a while to spot the Black Cauldron cast, they're way in the back of the group photo & for a moment I was convinced they got omitted entirely. Song of the South on the other hand, I'm just gonna assume Mickey tossed their picture frame into a wood chipper.

WaltK

Awards
Took me a while to spot the Black Cauldron cast, they're way in the back of the group photo & for a moment I was convinced they got omitted entirely.
>implying the BC cast are really hard to spot
IMG_6032.jpeg
Are you getting confused with a different movie or…?

(And this isn't even the only shot. During the same scene, we get Gurgi standing beside Pocahontas, and Creature behind Fairy Godmother).

Last edited:

WaltK

Awards
I finally found a (relatively) high-def version of the final shot.
I'm still in awe at the sheer number of characters they managed to include. They even got characters from some of the recent shorts in there (the Dog from Feast, the guy from Inner Workings, etc.)

One random nitpick; I can't find Lucile from Meet the Robinsons in the picture, even though she had a cameo earlier in the short. Oops?

Last edited:
Back