• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Overanalysis?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralz

Well, with Nomura and his endless foreshadowing, there's always a chance it's connected, but I doubt it runs all that deep. Its a taunt, attempting to throw off their teamwork. To be honest, I never heard either line until my second or third playthrough.

Stars

リク
It's assumed that he has returned by the time of KH3D but it's unknown if he will play a role in KH3D or will even appear in KH3D, he may not appear and we can assume he's off somewhere scheming with most likely Braig and his other associates.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways regarding what Xemnas said to Sora and Riku in the second to last battle, I do think this may have been so inspiration for KH3D's theme of trust though i'm not Nomura and can therefore never confirm that, but still. Also there was so many hints at themes of trust at the end of KH2 between Sora and Riku.

1. Sora and Riku's talk about how Riku fell into darkness, and Sora trying to cheer him up so he'll come back to the island. (It's the conversation that takes place after the first throne fight with Xemnas)

2. In the second throne fight Xemnas tries to break Sora and Riku's teamwork by saying things to make them distrust eachother, like whodeany pointed out.

3. In the final fight with Xemnas, Sora and Riku joined hands on the Keyblade to finish Xemnas off, this seems to be a symbol of trust.

4. When Riku felt hopeless right after they destroyed the hundreds of dusk that appeared after Xemnas' defeat, Sora tried to cheer him up and Riku told Sora to lead, this was an obvious sign of trust Riku had in Sora.

5. Riku admitting he has been jealous of Sora at the dark meridean, as well as the two admitting they wouldn't trade anything for their friendship and that they are glad they are who they are because of that.

6. The two walking side by side into the realm of light back to Destiny Islands.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe this was all foreshadowing to KH3D and that the theme of trust may have stemmed from this.

That's a really good analysis on the theme of "trust"

Arkaria

I believe this was all foreshadowing to KH3D and that the theme of trust may have stemmed from this.

In addition to everything you wrote, I think that the "trust" themes in KH2 weren't so much foreshadowing KH3D, but that they were thrown into the game without much thought. But that they inspired Nomura in a similar series of events as the following short story.

One day Nomura woke up and went to work.. still half asleep as he sipped on his coffee. He settled into a chair in the meeting room at the Jap Square HQ. One of his fellow workers was rambling on about how much Xion BAWWWS when Nomura zoned out, staring out over the Tokyo skyline. Suddenly he has an epiphany, spitting coffee everywhere as he jumps out of his chair, knocking it onto the marble floor with a loud clank. "THAT IS IT! I WILL MAKE NEW GAME AND THEME IS TRUST! AND I PRETEND THAT ANYTHING IN KH2 THAT HAD TO DO WITH TRUST WAS FORESHADOW! TEH FANZ WILL NEVAR KNO!!!" His coworkers stared at him in confusion, bewildered by his sudden outburst and the mess he has made with his coffee. But Nomura isn't paying attenton, and doesn't care that everyone in the room thinks he's crazy. He runs out of the room with a huge smile on his face, still reveling at his brilliant idea.

The end.

Cue applause

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back