• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► Percy Jackson & The Olympians/The Heroes of Olympus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
Dates for upcoming events:

May 7th- Kane Chronicles: Serpent's Shadow (paperback) release includes the short-story "Son of Sobek", a crossover with Percy Jackson and Carter Kane

May 31st- the House of Hades cover release

June 8th- "Son of Sobek" electronic version release includes sneak preview to the House of Hades

August 16th- film release of Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters

October 8th- House of Hades book release

TBA events:

Scheduled tours

Online Sneak preview of House of Hades

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I still need to catch up on the Heroes of Olympus series. x/ I read The Lost Hero, but haven't gotten to read The Son of Neptune or The Mark of Athena. And now The House of Hades is coming...

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
Son of Sobek came on Tuesday! I read parts of it and it seems great! Having learned a bit of Egyptian Mythology and already knowing Greek Mythology it is possible another short story may occur thanks to one unifying idea in both mythologies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
a crossover of the percy jackson and kane chronicles series? this i gotta see. though i wish it was a full length novel instead of a short story

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
Source: Rick Riordan's 'House of Hades' cover, synopsis unveiled!

Cover:
house-of-hades-cover.jpeg

Synopsis:
The official House of Hades synopsis is as follows:

At the conclusion of The Mark of Athena, Annabeth and Percy tumble into a pit leading straight to the Underworld. The other five demigods have to put aside their grief and follow Percy’s instructions to find the mortal side of the Doors of Death. If they can fight their way through the Gaea’s forces, and Percy and Annabeth can survive the House of Hades, then the Seven will be able to seal the Doors both sides and prevent the giants from raising Gaea. But, Leo wonders, if the Doors are sealed, how will Percy and Annabeth be able to escape?

They have no choice. If the demigods don’t succeed, Gaea’s armies will never die. They have no time. In about a month, the Romans will march on Camp Half-Blood. The stakes are higher than ever in this adventure that dives into the depths of Tartarus.

House of Hades is the fourth book in the Heroes of Olympus series and will hit book store shelves on October 8.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made mention of the Son of Sobek two weeks ago but dont know if o had posted the cover at the time. the E-reader version of it comes out next week which contains a sneak peak at THOH

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT DEPICTING?

Maybe when Percy and Annabeth get out of Tatarus? Who knows. I was worrying that Percy and Annabeth wouldn't be a point of view in the book, but the cover says otherwise. Also considering Leo as a perspective as well because he's mentioned in the synopsis. I also really hope that Nico's a point of view. And maybe Jason. Like Rick Riordan did with all of the other books in the series, he could change the POV order again. How about ALL of the demigods as a POV this time? That'll be interesting.

Although they better add to the story. I had big problems with Piper as a POV in MOA. After the Leo/Jason/Percy possession, she was just...there. I honestly thought Leo and Annabeth combined told a better story...even Percy's role was diminished.

EDIT: Here's the british version of the cover:

house-of-hades-uk-cover1.jpg

And the new movie trailer. Jeez, so many news in one day!

[video=youtube;w6aYjbpBm-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=w6aYjbpBm-E[/video]

Last edited:

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
Well Mark of Athena was Annabeths story really so compared to her everyone was down played. Leo was the second most important but i didnt think Percys was downplayed at all. He been struggling ever since Juno/Hera told him Annabeth would have a tough road and once again a goddess told him his fatal flaw which almost gets people killed all the time. Give him a break hes been through more than anyone but as Nico says he is te most powerful demigod which i think we could all agree.

Nico, Jason, Hazel, and Percy are all technically on equal footing but their godly differences and experiences say a lot. Hazel is Pluto's daughter not Hades' so she is 90% earth-based unless deathly Nico, and he clearly is extremely powerful even among the big threes kids. Jason i would say ties with him because the few powers he has shown they are on par with Nico and Thalia(i dont could her cause shes semi-immortal now). But Percy has had the most experience and has shown to have both more control and more ingenuity with his powers. Zeus and Poseidon are both weather gods but only Percy can create and control a hurricane...Jason is MOA needed Percys help in creating a violent rainstorm. Plus Percy (while not applies to Jason) can create water so doesnt need it to be near.

Anyways im rambling now lol. Also on his Facebook RR has already stated no Nice POV for THOH but Nico has a huge role in the book. My unfortunate guess which ive been saying since TSON is Nico will die.

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
I absolutely love these books! I'm so excited to read House of Hades. :) And that movie trailer looks phenomenal! I'm so glad that they continued the series past the first book; I wasn't sure that they would.

Sorax 122

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT DEPICTING?

Maybe when Percy and Annabeth get out of Tatarus? Who knows. I was worrying that Percy and Annabeth wouldn't be a point of view in the book, but the cover says otherwise. Also considering Leo as a perspective as well because he's mentioned in the synopsis. I also really hope that Nico's a point of view. And maybe Jason. Like Rick Riordan did with all of the other books in the series, he could change the POV order again. How about ALL of the demigods as a POV this time? That'll be interesting.

Although they better add to the story. I had big problems with Piper as a POV in MOA. After the Leo/Jason/Percy possession, she was just...there. I honestly thought Leo and Annabeth combined told a better story...even Percy's role was diminished.

EDIT: Here's the british version of the cover:

house-of-hades-uk-cover1.jpg

And the new movie trailer. Jeez, so many news in one day!

[video=youtube;w6aYjbpBm-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=w6aYjbpBm-E[/video]

Why does that cover look so...tacky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back