• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Piano/Orchestral Music Help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked

absurdiam
Ok, I've found a new hobby; reading and listening to music. I'm in the mood for some really nice piano music or orchestral music to lul me, I don't really listen to much, but I'd really like to get my hands on some, if you can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
Have you listened to The 13th Anthology and The Other Promise off the Drammatica album by Yoko Shimomura?
Also Fantasia Alla Marcia, also from the Kingdom Hearts realm.

I have a TON of classical stuff like that on my iPod. I could recommend stuff for hours but I figured I'd get the KH stuff out of the way :p.

WHILE WE'RE STILL KIND OF ON VIDEO GAMES: The Ocean on His Shoulders and Cohen's Masterpiece from Bioshock.
---
One thing (It's not orchestral, it's for two flutes and a piano) you need to look up (I recently discovered it) is Maya by Ian Clarke. It's SO beautiful.

I'll definitely be hitting up this thread again soon.

Wicked

absurdiam
Look up anything by Tenmon. Here's an example:

That is so beautiful, what is it off? Thanks Nevermore :)

Have you listened to The 13th Anthology and The Other Promise off the Drammatica album by Yoko Shimomura?
Also Fantasia Alla Marcia, also from the Kingdom Hearts realm.

I have a TON of classical stuff like that on my iPod. I could recommend stuff for hours but I figured I'd get the KH stuff out of the way :p.

WHILE WE'RE STILL KIND OF ON VIDEO GAMES: The Ocean on His Shoulders and Cohen's Masterpiece from Bioshock.
---
One thing (It's not orchestral, it's for two flutes and a piano) you need to look up (I recently discovered it) is Maya by Ian Clarke. It's SO beautiful.

I'll definitely be hitting up this thread again soon.

I'll look that stuff up, thanks so much :) The bioshock music is beautiful

WHOLEY SHIT, I just fell in love with you XD

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
That is so beautiful, what is it off?

this really really really good movie called 5 Centimeters Per Second which you should totally watch like right now.

WHOLEY SHIT, I just fell in love with you XD

I LIVE FOR THESE KINDS OF RESPONSES. 8D I FEEL LIKE A CLASSICAL MUSIC JESUS.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
anything with piano collections at the end of it.

my favorites:

final fantasy VII piano collections
final fantasy X piano collections
final fantasy X-2 piano collections [reunion<3 and 1000 words :D]
kingdom hearts piano collections
kingdom hearts: field and battle piano collections

also
drammatica by yoko shimomura is an album of compilations of some of her past works turned into orchestral beauties. nobuo needs to make one of these.

also
concerto for two violins by bach
anything by vivaldi
ok just google "suzuki books song/track list" and it will tell you every book's songs and then everything there pretty much

i like m to the 3rd power O: and um bachanale just youtube em and you'll see em they sound cool. they're in minor so yeah that's good if you like songs in minor keys. iuno exactly which key since it changes depending on which version it is so yeah.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
i'd fellate that man

i don't care if he's dead

AHAHA i played that when i was like 14 and i joined orchestra :3
it's so fun :]
too easy though! i wish there where an unabridged version or something out there but i haven't seen any yet D:<

ooh and anything by bach

just be aware that bach has the same baroque style in all his pieces [well duh i mean he's BACH of course his songs are BAROQUE. LOL.]

so some of his songs might sound the same and a bit the same >~>

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
A couple more of my favorites (at least in terms of more serene instrumentals) are Dolce Triade and Kenji Kawai (he does quite a few soundtracks, so he can be a bit more mainstream as well, but he's got some real nice pieces). The only thing that Dolce Triade has done is the soundtrack for Last Exile (again, one of my favorites). They have more sullen tracks, usually mixed in with a nice drum in the background (though I'll try and pick out the more upbeat ones, lol). Might not be what you were looking for, but give it a shot anyway.

Dolce Triade:
YouTube - Last Exile OST1 - Cover Stories
YouTube - Last Exile OST1 - Complicated Decision
YouTube - Last Exile OST1 - To The Race
YouTube - Last Exile OST1 - Workin' On The Cloud
YouTube - Last Exile OST1 - A Morning In Norkia
YouTube - Last Exile OST1 - Brave Willing

Kenji Kawai:
YouTube - The Sky Crawlers Music' Main Theme
YouTube - The Sky Crawlers Music' Mizuki
YouTube - Folklore Soundtrack: The Mysterious Door
YouTube - Folklore Soundtrack: Sorrow
YouTube - Folklore Soundtrack: The Forgotten Village
YouTube - Folklore Soundtrack: Visited Tragedy

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
baroque is so boring

romantic era = where it's at

<3

OH somebody should mention yuki kajiura, i love herrrr
AND YOKO KANNO OMG

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
baroque is so boring

<3

OH somebody should mention yuki kajiura, i love herrrr
AND YOKO KANNO OMG

I have a friend who pretty much orgasms at the name, lol (coincidentally, he's also a rabid .Hack fan)

Great stuff though.

Wicked

absurdiam
anything with piano collections at the end of it.

my favorites:

final fantasy VII piano collections
final fantasy X piano collections
final fantasy X-2 piano collections [reunion<3 and 1000 words :D]
kingdom hearts piano collections
kingdom hearts: field and battle piano collections

also
drammatica by yoko shimomura is an album of compilations of some of her past works turned into orchestral beauties. nobuo needs to make one of these.

also
concerto for two violins by bach
anything by vivaldi
ok just google "suzuki books song/track list" and it will tell you every book's songs and then everything there pretty much

i like m to the 3rd power O: and um bachanale just youtube em and you'll see em they sound cool. they're in minor so yeah that's good if you like songs in minor keys. iuno exactly which key since it changes depending on which version it is so yeah.

Thank you so much. I know of most the classical piano stuff (Mozart, Bach etc.) this was more of a contemporary piano sort of thing. But I'd love some more classical stuff, apart from the common ones.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
baroque is so boring

OMGOD I KNOW. everything he composes is the same!! ugh! but im very good at playing baroque i have that separatedness style sometimes so im really good at playing that way. of course i can play long and melodic too but yeah :D SHORT FAST 32 NOTES IN MINOR IS WHERE ITS AT :DD

hmmm what else

musical soundtracks
wicked+jesus christ super star = :D

Wicked

absurdiam
Oh god, you do know I'm like Wicked #1 fan....hence the name. It runs through my blood.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
oo then you must have the soundtrack correct? :DD

i watched it!! when it was touring here in LA! [well im from SD but 1:30 hour drive ain't no sweat! ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back