• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Plothole or Lack of Attention?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FASTMONEY

So i looked and couldnt find a thread for questions so i just made this. I was wondering why Mickey goes looking for "the key" in the first game if he already owned the star seeker? its seemed prety stupid to me, but perhaps i was just being innatentive when they explained it.

keybladealex

Considering that Nomura said he would have been content if the series had ended with KH1 (he was only semi thinking of a sequel), it has now become a plothole that apparently no one wants to fix at this point. So in my mind (I've wondered things about Mickey and how stupid he apparently is in current games about what's going on) I've decided to let it be and not question it anymore.

So, you weren't lacking attention, you just thought about it too much (like me). Or it could be that he wants to repress what he did in BbS and wishes to act as if he knows nothing when he is around Sora.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That Star Seeker doesn't belong to him. He borrowed it from Yen Sid (you know, since he returns it to him in the BBS ending). Also, in order to close the Door to Darkness in KH1, two hearts and two keys were needed. One of the hearts is definitely Sora, the other can be either Riku or Mickey. As for the keys, it can be interpreted as either Sora and Mickey's Keyblades, Kingdom Key and Kingdom Key D, or the presence of Sora and Riku.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Mickey's Starseeker was a Keyblade of Light, and he had to go to the Dark Realm to find a Keyblade of darkness, hence the Inverse Kingdom Key. He had to be in the Dark Realm in order to seal the door along with Sora on the other side.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Mickey needed a Dark Realm Keyblade in order to close the DtD. That's why he went out and searched for one. It is neither a Plothole or Lack of Attention (except on your part...)

FASTMONEY

Aight i get it now. Thanks, so i was right. I need to pay more attention. haha

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I forgot about him returning it, but it still begs the question, why not return to the mysterious tower and ask Yes Sid for the key once again?
Because he needed a Dark Realm Keyblade. Starseeker is a Light Realm.

And also, he never returned it then, he still has it after BBS.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
So i looked and couldnt find a thread for questions so i just made this. I was wondering why Mickey goes looking for "the key" in the first game if he already owned the star seeker? its seemed prety stupid to me, but perhaps i was just being innatentive when they explained it.

It's really really simple. The door to darkness once opened could only be closed 2 keyblade wielders, one on the light side of the door and the other on the dark side of the door. In the same way, 2 different keys had to be used. 1 from the realm of light and 1 from the realm of darkness.

Mickey somehow knew a new keyblade wielder had been chosen (Sora or Riku) and Mickey knew a realm of light keyblade would have chosen them. So that solved the role for the realm of light side of the door. So Mickey went to the dark realm to obtain a dark realm Keyblade, and also to close the door from that side.

This is really one of the more simple plot points in the series.

State

Awards
Going back to the topic of whether there're plotholes or Nomura doesn't pay attention to everything... He said he makes the plot of the series as he goes along, so, go figure.

FASTMONEY

It's really really simple. The door to darkness once opened could only be closed 2 keyblade wielders, one on the light side of the door and the other on the dark side of the door. In the same way, 2 different keys had to be used. 1 from the realm of light and 1 from the realm of darkness.

Mickey somehow knew a new keyblade wielder had been chosen (Sora or Riku) and Mickey knew a realm of light keyblade would have chosen them. So that solved the role for the realm of light side of the door. So Mickey went to the dark realm to obtain a dark realm Keyblade, and also to close the door from that side.

This is really one of the more simple plot points in the series.
Thanks for insulting me. lol. But anyways, where was it stated (in game) that 2 keys were needed? Im not arguing the authenticity of your statements but i just cannot recall the game stating this. nor that the 2 keys needed to be of light and darkness. Its all fine if it was stated in the ultimania, but to assume that its "one of the simpler plot points" even though its not part of the game is a pretty big stretch.

And if it does state it in game and i just didnt remember then......ill feel like a duck. hahaha

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
He said he makes the plot of the series as he goes along, so, go figure.

Hmm... I dunno... I think that's pretty debatable. After watching the KH1 secret ending (Another side another story, NOT Deep Dive) it looks like Nomura had a good chunk of KH2's plot already in mind. If you actually pause at all the texts, you'll notice that they're all dialogue that appears in KH2 such as "The Heartless obey whoever's the strongest" "We'll go together" "Maybe everything we've done was all for nothing" and so on.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
But anyways, where was it stated (in game) that 2 keys were needed?
Computer Message, in the prison, in the End of the World in KH1.

Hmm... I dunno... I think that's pretty debatable. After watching the KH1 secret ending (Another side another story, NOT Deep Dive) it looks like Nomura had a good chunk of KH2's plot already in mind. If you actually pause at all the texts, you'll notice that they're all dialogue that appears in KH2 such as "The Heartless obey whoever's the strongest" "We'll go together" "Maybe everything we've done was all for nothing" and so on.
It's still making it as you go along. He makes them on a rolling basis. While working on one game, he is thinking in detail on the next, and so far. It isn't "making it up as you go along" in the sense that he makes one game, finishes it, and then starts thinking about the next. It's more like a rolling basis.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
It's still making it as you go along. He makes them on a rolling basis. While working on one game, he is thinking in detail on the next, and so far. It isn't "making it up as you go along" in the sense that he makes one game, finishes it, and then starts thinking about the next. It's more like a rolling basis.

That makes more sense. I kind of figured it was similar to the way I write stories... basically that when I'm almost finished with one project, I would already have the climax and beginning in my head but not necessairily a full working story yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back