• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PS2 disks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
HeartlessDragon said:
http://www.us.playstation.com/Pressreleases.aspx?id=279
That tells you about the blu-ray technology within a PS3.

Anyways, the problem within the dye of the disk could have been a low powered laser, which in fact, does apply to the quality of how it is read. But it does not affect the performance of the disk in any way, however, it does apply to; how long it will last under a low-powered laser. When there is an old system, its laser must have been used alot, which, does apply to the dye, and materials of disk. A silver disk is a little more reflective than the blue one, so, it would be better if, you had an old system with a low powered laser, and a silver disk, rather than a blue one.
The blue one won't last as long as a silver one into a low-powered laser.
So, if you are using a low-powered laser, it is most probable that the blue disk that is bieng used won't last long before its unreadable.
And plus, the silver is less expensive than a blue one, but its sound quality might sound a little different, just as the color of the dye changes the quality of things when read into the laser (You might actually hear it yourself if you had a dark-red disk),but the silver is more corrosive under environmental changes, especially under the sun, or in high temperatures. The blue one will last a little longer, except for scratches. To avoid this, well, take care of it.

This should conclude my perspective, for now.
We arent talking about dyes or disc color here. Just what the colors of a PS2 disc mean.

And blue lasers read smaller lines, thus increasing content in the disc... Intruiging...

Vin

Bronze Member
i was always wondering the same thing but now i no thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back