• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeto

Awards
i've only recently got into the kh series (and btw it's like the best thing i've ever laid my eyes on), and have completed 1.5 and 2.5. I'm looking forward to playing 2.8 to finally play ddd, and play the new .2

everything was all good until i saw the back cover trailer. and i didn't understand anything. After some research after being in the dark for so long, somehow i just acknowledged that kh x existed.

from what i saw from it, i really don't feel like getting into that lore or gameplay. am i going to need to play kh x it to understand what's happening in back cover, and possibly kh3?

p.s. a friend told me to play x after ddd, but im waiting for 2.8 ;-;

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
from what i saw from it, i really don't feel like getting into that lore or gameplay. am i going to need to play kh x it to understand what's happening in back cover, and possibly kh3?

Back Cover tells the events of KHX from another perspective - it's meant to help substitute for people who haven't been playing the KHX games, so you should be fine with just that. Feel free to play KHX if you want, of course!

You don't really need to wait until after you play DDD to play KHuX, the only connecting detail (so far) is very slight, but I see where your friend is coming from.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
i hope it won't be as confusing

wait what am i talking about it's a kh game

Don't worry, you can honestly stick to Back Cover for the Kingdom Hearts X lore. Unchained X is like a television series, the story is episodic in the context that it comes out every so often. The story is likely to end before December as 2.8 is released by then. In layman terms, this is how to distinguish X/Unchained X to Back Cover...

Front Cover = Kingdom Hearts X/Unchained X (optional story to know regarding the lore)
Back Cover = Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover (important story to know regarding the lore)

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I mean, honestly, x has one of the easiest plots to understand...right now anyway. It's simple, free, and charming with a surprisingly intimate story. It's the cornerstone of the lore of the series,and it's definitely going to set up Kingdom Hearts III.

At the very least, I'd watch the cutscenes we have here on the site.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Chi and Unchained Chi are from the player's perspective, and not a whole lot happens in that regard. Back Cover is meant to be from the Foretellers' perspective and give all the really important stuff that connects to KH3. The entire purpose of Back Cover is to give everyone the lore needed for anything that pops up in KH3. So, if you don't want to play either of the Chi games, then you'll be fine. But if you want the full picture of the Chi story, then you should play Unchained Chi. But knowing the player's perspective of the Chi lore is optional, so don't force yourself to play it if you don't want to.

des97

Awards
Don't worry, you can honestly stick to Back Cover for the Kingdom Hearts X lore. Unchained X is like a television series, the story is episodic in the context that it comes out every so often. The story is likely to end before December as 2.8 is released by then. In layman terms, this is how to distinguish X/Unchained X to Back Cover...

Front Cover = Kingdom Hearts X/Unchained X (optional story to know regarding the lore)
Back Cover = Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover (important story to know regarding the lore)
I wouldn't consider X and UX as the same, some may actually point out a few differences regarding the lore, i.e. the (SPOILER)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I mean, honestly, x has one of the easiest plots to understand...right now anyway. It's simple, free, and charming with a surprisingly intimate story. It's the cornerstone of the lore of the series,and it's definitely going to set up Kingdom Hearts III.

At the very least, I'd watch the cutscenes we have here on the site.
As of now, my friend. You never know what is running through Nomura's mind.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I wouldn't consider X and UX as the same, some may actually point out a few differences regarding the lore, i.e. the (SPOILER)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

True, but that doesn't detract from the overall fact that Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover can be entirely understood without playing X/Unchained X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back