• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Re: Coded Confirmed - New Images

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts Recoded (CONFIRMED FOR NDS)

Can someone please answer my question is recoded just a remake of coded because if it is i don't know why everyone's so excited about it?

Yes Re:Coded is just a remake of Coded.

Dcasd1

really i thought it was going to be something new. why is everyone so hyped about it then?

denizenofevil

derp not at all

This "lawsuit" came WAY too early for them to decide that they'll put it on the DS. And their relationship is not being ruined by some twit.

Here is why it will be on the DS. Handheld games are easy to produce compare to console games. DS games are easier to make than PSP games. They just released BBS and want to release Recoded fast. The DS is the only option. And since they already have all the programs and data for Coded, they just need to put it on the DS. Facing facts, SE wanted an easy way to put this game out and the DS was the best way.

People, I was not talking about the handhelds. I was talking about the main games.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards

Seriously, why is everyone bitching?

CODED is a mobile phone game. They are not going to go all out for a PSP game when the DS is the easiest platform for Re: Coded and neither are they going to develop it for other platforms since a) the PS2 is now obsolete and b) the PS3/360/Wii would require way too much time and money for a game that really isn't that big.

really i thought it was going to be something new. why is everyone so hyped about it then?

This isn't the only thing SE are announcing. People are hyped about this because contary to popular belief (read: people who have no idea what CODED is and can't be arsed researching their sh!t because it's a mobile game and of course must obviously be crap) CODED is quite important to the storyline. It explains why in KH3 Sora is going to save everyone from torment.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

Might as well get Days, well, I watched a playthrough and it didn't look that fun. Maybe Re: Coded will be better.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Because we didn't get to play the japanese version of Coded. Now that Nomura is releasing Re:Coded, which is a remake of Coded just for America and I think Europe too, well we can't help but get a little excited.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

If you were talking to me, I was referring to the main games, not handheld side games.

I was talking to everyone in general who was complaining about re:coded being on the DS.

And by the way, they didn't just put it on the DS "because they felt like it". That's not how businesses work. It's not just about the lawsuit. Square Enix and Sony are actually pointing fingers at each other. There is a potential for this case to really blow up.

By "they felt like it", I was basically implying that there doesn't necessarily have to be a specific reason as to why they made it for the DS OVER the PSP, as if SE was deliberately avoiding developing games for it. Well, actually, they just might be, but my point is everyone should stop complaining about it already.

Also, "pointing fingers at each other"? Over what? If it's not the lawsuit (and it isn't), why should their relationship be strained?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Kingdom Hearts already has an established base on the Playstation consoles. Suddenly switching over to XBox would just be a big middle finger to those who anticipated that the next KH would stay on the Playstation consoles.
Corrected: There's already an established fanbase for Kingdom Hearts on the Playstation 2. A lot more KH players/fans will have bought an Xbox 360 over a Playstation 3. It makes more sense to go multiplat, because PS3s are still somewhat expensive compared to 360's, and it's easier to develop for the 360, and there's a larger audience, and there's more KH fans in that console base than the other. How many more reasons do you need?

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

Coded on the phone: "wahwahwa I hate that we have to play it on the phone I can't do that"

Coded on the DS; "wahwahwa why on the DS that sucks"

Hey, you guys wanted Coded to be more available. Now it is. You should be happy.

Dcasd1

oh ok thanks i guess i'm not really excited because i don't have a ds

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Coded on the phone: "wahwahwa I hate that we have to play it on the phone I can't do that"

Hey, you guys wanted Coded to be more available. Now it is. You should be happy.

AMEN! Seriously, why are people bitching so damn much. I didn't think they were ever going to release any version of Coded outside of Japan. And now to learn that we are getting a Coded remake, well i'm gratefull to Square Enix

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards

Pretty much this.

It's kind of ironic since you're all whining it's not on a better console which would actually delay the production of your precious KH3 even more.

Stop and think before you start bitching.

Also, why would PS3 owners care if a game went to the 360, too? Is it affecting your gaming experience? No. Is it affecting the playability of the game? No. Is it affecting your life? No. There's such a thing as 'sharing' and 'business opportunities'. If you really can't get over the fact that KH might be branching out because you're a seriously selfish fanboy/girl, you need to sit down and have a talk with yourself.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

lso, why would PS3 owners care if a game went to the 360, too? Is it affecting your gaming experience? No. Is it affecting the playability of the game? No. Is it affecting your life? No. There's such a thing as 'sharing' and 'business opportunities'. If you really can't get over the fact that KH might be branching out because you're a seriously selfish fanboy/girl, you need to sit down and have a talk with yourself.

Well, to be fair, you could argue that the quality of the overall game would suffer if it was multiplatform, because that's usually what happens. It doesn't necessarily have to be too bad, but...

I agree on everyhing else though.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards

Pretty much this.

It's kind of ironic since you're all whining it's not on a better console which would actually delay the production of your precious KH3 even more.

Stop and think before you start bitching.

Also, why would PS3 owners care if a game went to the 360, too? Is it affecting your gaming experience? No. Is it affecting the playability of the game? No. Is it affecting your life? No. There's such a thing as 'sharing' and 'business opportunities'. If you really can't get over the fact that KH might be branching out because you're a seriously selfish fanboy/girl, you need to sit down and have a talk with yourself.

some people say multi platforms dont have the same quality as exclusive.

i actually would want kh to expand more
to other people

DeathByKeyblade

ok, the picture at the beginning of the thread, says ds. taht makes me super happy, but why do people still keep guessing psp?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

I updated the OP with the screenshot when SE released that tweet. this thread was originally made before that announcement.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards

Well, to be fair, you could argue that the quality of the overall game would suffer if it was multiplatform, because that's usually what happens. It doesn't necessarily have to be too bad, but...

I agree on everyhing else though.

some people say multi platforms dont have the same quality as exclusive.

i actually would want kh to expand more
to other people

I doubt less shinier graphics are going to make the game worse.

denizenofevil

I actually like the idea of it going multiplatform. I prefer the PS3 but if KH gained widespread over multiple platforms, it would be good for the series. I was looking over some stats and I noticed that in Japan, the PS3 is leading over XBox in sales and the DS is leading over the PSP. Almost everywhere else though, the XBox is leading. If they were to develop KH3 and make it multiplatform, it would sell well both in Japan and everywhere else.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

Well that means that RE:Coded better come out the same day as BBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back