• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Reality Check

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Hawkins

I've gone to many Kingdom Hearts fan sites, and I just don't understand what the community is saying (this one included). Any talk about TGS is always followed by: "Gosh, I can't wait for more gameplay" or "That new trailer they're going to show is going to be awesome!". Who says we're going to get any of this? Did I miss some article that stated we would?

The only facts I know for sure are:
- The KH3 trailer said "Now in Development", as in just started.
- Nomura himself said they presented the trailer too early.
- At the time of E3, they hadn't even selected all the worlds yet.

Why would we get a trailer for something that has just begun development and hasn't even finalized some pre-production aspects? And while I'm sure Square Enix is completely gung ho about KH3, I think their main focus will be on FFXV, and other games with more immediate release dates. That isn't even including promoting the unofficial (official) 2.5 HD ReMix.

I hope I'm wrong on all accounts of course, but why is everyone expecting so much? I think realistically, we might get to see Sora's new outfit, and possibly actual gameplay of the same scene we saw in the trailer (since Nomura said they had gameplay kinda down, but couldn't get it ready in time for E3). Can someone tell me how we could possibly get a new trailer this early?

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards
The fact that KHIII wasn't included on Square-Enix's TGS page seems to indicate that we won't get a new trailer. All we know for sure is that Nomura will talk about the game and reveal new information about it. I don't think that a new trailer is an unrealistic expectation, though.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
You're right to err on the side of caution, if Nomura even says that something was shown too early then that's bad.
The first trailer we received showed us nearly nothing and was more vague than any other first trailer we've been given.

Realistically? I think we may get another trailer at TGS, but it could be something as simple as the E3 trailer with actual gameplay footage. I'm hoping for a beta trailer similar to all the others we've been given, though.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
You're right. We're assuming. There's no guarantee what exactly will be shown at TGS. But that's the point. We don't know, therefore we'll be excited to see what they're hiding (2.5!!!).

Nobody ever said it was a fact that we'd get a new trailer. It was simply a guess based on what we currently know about what is possible for them to give us at this point.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It was simply a guess based on what we currently know about what is possible for them to give us at this point.

That's the point though, do we, the fans, really know what is possible for them to give us at this point? Do we have insight in the development process or what assets they already have?

It was Nomura himself who stated that the "gameplay"-portion of the E3-Trailer we saw was not true gameplay but a CGI-video showing a glimpse of what the gameplay will eventually be similar to.
It has been about two months since E3 so they obviously worked more on the game, so we may get something alongside maybe Sora's new outfit, maybe a first glimpse of Riku's and/or Mickey's new character model or a first view of the actual gameplay engine in beta-status, but that's most likely all we get if not even less.

While it is definitely a step up on Square's part to release more info at a steady rate and a big improvement over giving nothing for years *cough*Versus*cough*, they should really not fall into the trap and go now into the other extreme to release too much info in rapid succession.

If you get new information every second month, the danger of too many spoilerific elements (and misinformed people who will take beta-footage for finished stuff and then complain because it looks different later) increases proportionally.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I definitely agree with you on some fans having too high of expectations (mostly the fans who think the game is going to come out in 2014 or 2015), but I do think they can show a new trailer similarly to the E3 trailer.

My guess is that they'll reveal actual gameplay, maybe actually show Donald and Goofy next to Sora... possibly reveal Sora's new outfit. And then bam, logo. I'm not expecting any cutscenes or worlds or anything. It'll probably just be gameplay in Twilight Town again, but this time with real-time gameplay.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Does anyone remember how long the time gap was between the very first KH3D trailer and the next one?
Was it first shown at E3 2010 or E3 2011? The footage for that was extremely beta, if I remember correctly, they had just used the BBS:FM engine and chucked a few models in to record it (KeyToTruth found the model files on the ISO).

The next one shown at TGS 2011 was a very big step up which included content which made it into the final game.
So if the time gap was from E3 2010 - TGS 2011, it's an understandable advancement, however if it was from E3 2011 - TGS 2011, that's a very big step up for such a short time elapsed.

I'm inclined to believe it was first shown in E3 2010, but my optimistic side is telling me E3 2011. The earliest upload date i can find of the first trailer is in Jan 2011.

Based on this, if the first KH3 trailer was shown at E3 2013, maybe we can expect a decent-ish trailer at TGS?
Again, I am probably completely wrong on the date of the first KH3D trailer, so please, correct me.

Here's the two videos so you can compare yourselves:
First Trailer:

TGS 2011 Trailer:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The very first trailer was shown at E3 2010 but it never made it online, reports say the first trailer featured Kairi on Destiny Islands and other scenes that were never shown... a similar version of the trailer was uploaded later and that's the one you posted.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The very first trailer was shown at E3 2010 but it never made it online, reports say the first trailer featured Kairi on Destiny Islands and other scenes that were never shown... a similar version of the trailer was uploaded later and that's the one you posted.

I don't remember hearing any reports about that.

MizuMikomi

Awards
That's the point though, do we, the fans, really know what is possible for them to give us at this point? Do we have insight in the development process or what assets they already have?
We know about several enemy types that Nomura has said they have worked on, we know about the Aerial Battles, how combat is a 'storm' in his words, as well as the fact Sora has a new design that has yet to have been shown. Those things are more than enough for a quick four minute trailer with a CG scene, some short gameplay, ambiguous text, and a logo. That aside though...we're also getting more information two weeks after TGS at D23 Expo Japan, so its doubtful that they'll show much next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back