• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku and Oblvion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XYZ

Their MEMORIES are shared, if anything is shared at all. That much was already established. And Vexen just as easily could've been bluffing, or - talking about Xion.
Hm, what about:
DiZ said:
Naminé's encounter with Roxas put his heart in contact with Kairi's. And that, in turn, affected Sora. You see?
I fail to see the point of him remembering Riku then :\ not to mention that there were NO hintings he recognized him at all, regardless of how well he remembered Xion.
Au contraire. As Riku plummets down the side of Memory Skyscrapper, struggling due to his mind being flooded with his memories of Xion after catching Oblivion, Roxas turns and watches him the entire time until he arrives at the roof of the building. Riku and Mickey are the only characters outside of the Organization to wear the black coat, and Roxas has only met one impostor.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
Hm, what about:

So... You're saying DiZ confirms Roxas has a Heart? Kay, that doesn't mean it's Sora's.

Au contraire. As Riku plummets down the side of Memory Skyscrapper, struggling due to his mind being flooded with his memories of Xion after catching Oblivion, Roxas turns and watches him the entire time until he arrives at the roof of the building. Riku and Mickey are the only characters outside of the Organization to wear the black coat, and Roxas has only met one impostor.

Objection. Relevance.

Even if Roxas recognized Riku, it would simply have been because of Sora's memories of Riku (which happen to be a part of his Heart), rather than Roxas literally having half of Sora's Heart.

As for Vexen talking of the other side of Sora's Heart, it could merely have been metaphorical; referring to Roxas as his other side. The cards are crafted from memories. Roxas has memories of Twilight Town. Roxas is a part of Sora; could be referred to as his other half (Heart and Body). Roxas' memories of Twilight Town forged the card for Twilight Town. This is entirely possible.

He also could have been talking of Xion, as Smile said, but I think that's giving Nomura far too much credit. :\ If he knew Xion would exist during development of CoM, don't you think her face would have been on the floor in Roxas' Destati in KH2? :\

XYZ

He also could have been talking of Xion, as Smile said, but I think that's giving Nomura far too much credit. :\ If he knew Xion would exist during development of CoM, don't you think her face would have been on the floor in Roxas' Destati in KH2? :\
I think Nomura said in an interview that he had always envisioned a girl being the reason for Roxas' departure from the Organization, but had never put much consideration into it before because Roxas' escape was off screen (Until 358/2 Days was released) and Xion was not an official character (At the time). And Xion not appearing in Roxas' awakening is probably due to the same reason we never see Naminé's drawing of Roxas, Xion and Axel together. Because Xion was a memory based being, when she died all evidence of her existence faded away, except for I guess the consciousness that she claims she will have inside of Sora/Roxas.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
If he knew Xion would exist during development of CoM, don't you think her face would have been on the floor in Roxas' Destati in KH2? :\

Why? The images on the floor were based on Sora's Memories, not Roxas's. Sora was the main image, with Riku, Kairi, Donald and Goofy in the background.
Xion had no reason to be amongst that group.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
I think Nomura said in an interview that he had always envisioned a girl being the reason for Roxas' departure from the Organization, but had never put much consideration into it before because Roxas' escape was off screen (Until 358/2 Days was released) and Xion was not an official character (At the time). And Xion not appearing in Roxas' awakening is probably due to the same reason we never see Naminé's drawing of Roxas, Xion and Axel together. Because Xion was a memory based being, when she died all evidence of her existence faded away, except for I guess the consciousness that she claims she will have inside of Sora/Roxas.

Envisioning a girl being the reason for Roxas leaving is not the same as envisioning a replica of Sora who was slowly sapping Roxas' powers away as being the reason for Roxas leaving the Organization. If she was simply a thought without proper history, my point still stands that it's unlikely Vexen would have been talking about her.

Why? The images on the floor were based on Sora's Memories, not Roxas's. Sora was the main image, with Riku, Kairi, Donald and Goofy in the background.
Xion had no reason to be amongst that group.

Yeah, I know this, but if Xion was planned, they could have based it off of Roxas' lost memories instead and used Axel and Xion. I'm saying it was because she wasn't planned that they based it off something outside of simply Roxas. Kingdom Hearts loves foreshadowing and making us all go "LOL WUT?"

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I doubt they'd have went there. Days not being in proper planning until Nintendo came and wanted their little DS game aside, Nomura has a habit of not expanding upon things that he can't explain in the near future - which is why he let himself put Ven in Days, seeing how not only is Sora's relation to Ven hinted towards more than enough in the past games, BBS is also just around the corner.
Xion being planned or not doesn't matter - they couldn't have afforded to put her in there either way, seeing how it wouldn't have been foreshadowing - it wouldn't been unrelated until years later when Days was to be released.
A great part of why I'm actually happy they never bothered to show us how Riku ended up Wielding, not to mention Duel Wielding - perfect opportunity to shove Xion references into once they finally explain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back