• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rippers; Lowest Class In Existence - Ripper Allegation Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ðari

the crown is heavy
Staff member
Awards
Got me there.
Not to say at some point we haven't referenced the work of someone else, be it minor if not immediate.

It happened to Kaz and seeing that kind of frustration without being credited properly, or asking, another derivative would piss anyone off.

I'm done.

Kazuma

For the Real not the Fake
Website
kazu52.deviantart.com
Ive seen this happen before on DM, it is a rip but he probably didn't realize it. Yes copying a piece to look by look is ripping.

Inspiration is using the basis of an idea then shaping it into your own with your thoughts and resources.. Not copying a piece trying to get it as close as possible.

Last edited:

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Ok, Sean, I have nothing against you bro, but the two tags are pretty damn similar. I'm not saying you ripped it, there's a difference between ripping and what you did, you just copied the tag into your own form even though, they look pretty similar. I'm sure you just got the idea from Quert (thought I recognized the tag from somewhere) and you wanted to make something like it, but if you're going to do what you did, do not post it cause its gonna piss a shit load of people off. Hell, I do that all the time, I just don't post them. So in the future, if you are going to take an idea from someone and replicate it, don't post it. And that goes for all of you.

He gave me his PSD's for those. And I didnt take anything from his layers. Everything was mine.

Although I do feel you on the posting deal.

EDIT:

Here, I'll upload Q's and my PSD's for this tag.

But in any case, I'm not apologizing for anything. I knew that I could use some kind of ideas and implement them MYSELF. So yeah, maybe I grabbed the wrong concept of things. Heck, ya'll might as well get me one my second tag I made too since I used a PSD for that. Shocked? I don't think so. But anyway, I've known Quert for a good while, and I've told him that I'm gonna idea rip the heck out of his tags, even back in mid 08 I loved the stuff that he dished out. Plus, this is the first time I've ever used anyone's PSD to make a tag. Although, the essence of it was that it was an honest experiment.

Last edited:

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
Yeah, I don't really know anything about this one. But while going through a thread some member named: 8298906 had a sig which stated that he stole it from some other member named HolliWould.

As said before, I don't know if he had already gotten permission from HolliWould -or had just made some crappy joke or [anything like that]-.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back