• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rippers; Lowest Class In Existence - Ripper Allegation Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kira Haro

Unknown
I, among all of you, would most likely despise people stealing your work.

They're called rippers and they stomp over rights to ownership and respect.

Seeking out anything that looks eye pleasing, they just right-click images and save them to their own personal image hosting site.

Then they load up their programs and tweak it up to be the 'best thing they've done ever'

People on the forums praise them with 100/10 ratings and cheers, but they don't deserve it.

Ripping is the lowest you can go as being a graphics artist; so low in fact that they shouldn't be called graphic artists at all.

Despicable.

I have a zero tolerance to anyone that rips, no excuses tolerated at all.

List:

1. Dark_Kairi; Ripped my revised Roy Mustang tag. "Pyranthes"

Pyranthes

Original Pyranthes

2. Lil Krey Z

LKZ's Work

Actual Wallpaper To View, Click Wallpapers on the top menu, and then the Chobits Link.

3. Uknown1337; Mikail's sprites

Ripped sprite sheet

Mikail's real sprite .png file

4. crossfire; Gaara tag from an anime site. (Uknown. Any information on what site it is would be appreciated)

Ripped image

crossfire said:
i didnt make it i took it and edited it from an anime place!!

but anyways plz rate out of 10!! :D

5. lost_souls777 and Dark Otaku: Plushie Shop

Totally Ripped of 20+ Members, and the Entire Forum As A Whole

Added October 23, 2005.
6. Black_Acid; 2 Japanese decent artists, no name.

Stolen copies.

http://img150.exs.cx/img150/1333/krarefi013ln.jpg

http://img159.exs.cx/img159/9920/krarefi076ts.png

-
---
----

Last edited:

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Re: Rippers; Lowest Class In Existence

Please keep in mind, that this thread is not directed to sprite rippers/animators. You guys can keep working. :p

D

Deleted member 36435

I'll look into it. Mind linking me where Lauren has posted / uploaded it?

Color Me Evil

versus
Awards
/loss

I didn't know that it was up there, nevermind that we still had that page.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Username: simple&cleanxiii

Link to Profile: KHInsider Forums - View Profile: simple&cleanxiii

Work Ripped: http://www.deviantart.com/download/153526677/Final_Fantasy_XIII_Vanille_Sig_by_Mercuphoria.png

Orignal Artist: Here

Proof of ripping: Well for one, I am apart of Final Fantasy Forums, and I know the original artist of the tag. And there is nowhere in this persons' sig space that is credited to the original artist or linking back to where the sig can be found. So here, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you a ripper. Mods do what you will :3

Last edited:

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
Is it okay if I come here to apologize? I'm extremely sorry that I used the signature without permission King Sora X and everyone else here :(
I should've known better than to take something someone worked hard to make without putting some sort of credit on it. I thought that when people put signatures and avatars on Dev, that you could use them without credit.

But I apologize and I hope you can tell the person who originally made it that I'm sorry. You can ban me if you still want to Mod's but I just wanted to say that I was sorry for my mistake.
Also, I wanted to say that i've never claimed it as my own so the artists work isn't thought of as mine. As an artist (Not in Graphic Arts, but I want to work in Character Animation), I'm sorry that I was stupid enough to forget something as simple as a credit and I will never do it again.

Last edited:
M

Mercurial

Is it okay if I come here to apologize? I'm extremely sorry that I used the signature without permission King Sora X and everyone else here :(
I should've known better than to take something someone worked hard to make without putting some sort of credit on it. I thought that when people put signatures and avatars on Dev, that you could use them without credit.

But I apologize and I hope you can tell the person who originally made it that I'm sorry. You can ban me if you still want to Mod's but I just wanted to say that I was sorry for my mistake.
Also, I wanted to say that i've never claimed it as my own so the artists work isn't thought of as mine. As an artist (Not in Graphic Arts, but I want to work in Character Animation), I'm sorry that I was stupid enough to forget something as simple as a credit and I will never do it again.
I do however, wish for no further action to be taken against this person. There is more benefit of her staying here and posting then banning her for a simple mistake. Should she of credited? Of course. Whether or not she knew she had to is a different matter and when she said she didn't know, I believe her. Personally I take no offence for her not crediting me, using my signature alone is a compliment within itself. I'll use the word 'ripper' lightly in this case because she hasn't attempted to claim my signature as her own as far as I'm aware, it's nothing more than not crediting. Furthermore, the fact she's posted in this thread to try to rectify her mistake in itself should be a reason for not banning her, the allegation alone is punishment enough. Thus, I would request the moderators to see the logic behind my reasoning and not to ban her.

On another note, if you wish to use any of my signatures in the future, you can. :)

Euphoric Ending

Username: Sean

Link to Profile: KHInsider Forums - View Profile: Sean

Work Ripped: http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8063/spacecolour.png (The original.)

Original Artist: quert - Viewing Profile

Proof of ripping: http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww272/Flashback-Sombre/planets2copy.png (Sean's)

If you need more proof, you're blind. Also, regarding this rip, the .PSD for this tag was released in a large public pack here. I don't like Quert (the original artist) because he's kind of a douche but I respect his work enough and I have enough hate for rippers that I'm not going to neglect this. Good luck, Sean.

Last edited:

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
He ripped?? Is that why his version looks better?? Are you gonna tell us that people don't look at a work and make something similar. The proof you have shown surely doesn't suffice for your claim.

You said it yourself. The psds got released in a PUBLIC pack!!!

Really?? Why would Sean need to rip anybody.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
the two being a similar style isn't ripping. i'd like sean to post a link to his psd. so we can compare the two.
sean has been here a long time, and i trust him, but of course the situation should be investigated into further.

If you need more proof, you're blind.

and yeah, we would need more proof. it's the exact same style, granted, but that is all a part of the process of learning.

Euphoric Ending

He ripped?? Is that why his version looks better?? Are you gonna tell us that people don't look at a work and make something similar. The proof you have shown surely doesn't suffice for your claim.

You said it yourself. The psds got released in a PUBLIC pack!!!

Really?? Why would Sean need to rip anybody.

Well, not that it's relevant or anything, but his is actually not to par with the original or even close. Just sayin'. We all have our opinions, though, so you may take preference to whichever you choose. However, that being said, you CANNOT rip a public resource pack .PSD in any situation. I don't want to start a debate as this is not the appropriate place but the files are for learning rights only (meaning you can learn how things were created and done, nothing more) and strictly are prohibited from a range of things; one of which is ripping.

the two being a similar style isn't ripping. i'd like sean to post a link to his psd. so we can compare the two.
sean has been here a long time, and i trust him, but of course the situation should be investigated into further.

and yeah, we would need more proof. it's the exact same style, granted, but that is all a part of the process of learning.

It's not just the style. Eli, I'm sure you can clearly see it. The placement is identical. The details added are identical. Even the sphere wireframe is identical and placed in the same place. There is a difference between ripping and copying a style. The composition is identical and everything. The size is bigger and anything he wasn't good enough to replicate he added in his own style. It is one of the most obvious rips I've ever seen and I am truly amazed that the both of you, especially you Eli, are not blatantly seeing the obvious similarity. I don't know about Sean or anything about him but I think there's a certain amount of lee-way being given to him here.

If it's necessary I can make a list of all the similarities between the two. I didn't plan on spending a lot of time on this but, like I said, I respect Quert's work too much to let this slide =l.

Just so everyone is on the same page, ripping is not solely defined as copy&paste+claim. It goes past that.

Pablo

rocket sloth
Awards
Website
prodimator.tumblr.com
Ok, Sean, I have nothing against you bro, but the two tags are pretty damn similar. I'm not saying you ripped it, there's a difference between ripping and what you did, you just copied the tag into your own form even though, they look pretty similar. I'm sure you just got the idea from Quert (thought I recognized the tag from somewhere) and you wanted to make something like it, but if you're going to do what you did, do not post it cause its gonna piss a shit load of people off. Hell, I do that all the time, I just don't post them. So in the future, if you are going to take an idea from someone and replicate it, don't post it. And that goes for all of you.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
It's not just the style. Eli, I'm sure you can clearly see it. The placement is identical. The details added are identical. Even the sphere wireframe is identical and placed in the same place. There is a difference between ripping and copying a style. The composition is identical and everything. The size is bigger and anything he wasn't good enough to replicate he added in his own style. It is one of the most obvious rips I've ever seen and I am truly amazed that the both of you, especially you Eli, are not blatantly seeing the obvious similarity. I don't know about Sean or anything about him but I think there's a certain amount of lee-way being given to him here.

If it's necessary I can make a list of all the similarities between the two. I didn't plan on spending a lot of time on this but, like I said, I respect Quert's work too much to let this slide =l.

Just so everyone is on the same page, ripping is not solely defined as copy&paste+claim. It goes past that.

don't get me wrong, i completely understand you. in the art world, it's an obvious rip and there would be consequences, but i think we can be a bit more lenient with tags.

like i said, i'd like to see the psd. of both sean's and quert's to compare the two and to see if sean has actually copy & pasted any of the components of the original.

of course, it's wrong either way, but we'd need to know the in's and out's to perform the appropriate actions.

Edit: wait i don't even mod this section anymore i'm out

tangerine

Awards
I'm going to have to go with the accuser on this. I think it fits the description of what's not tolerated in the OP, and that's all that matters in this discussion.

Vicodin

relative power
Agreed with accuser and tang - in the past we would have gone head on bannage on sean in a situation like this. The tag is legitimately on par with the firstly created tag. Stop trying to make excuses - there are a shitton of other ways he could have used and manipulated the style so that it's still that style relatively, but blatantly obvious as different.

This is not a case of such. Stop being lenient on your friends.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Ok, Sean, I have nothing against you bro, but the two tags are pretty damn similar. I'm not saying you ripped it, there's a difference between ripping and what you did, you just copied the tag into your own form even though, they look pretty similar. I'm sure you just got the idea from Quert (thought I recognized the tag from somewhere) and you wanted to make something like it, but if you're going to do what you did, do not post it cause its gonna piss a shit load of people off. Hell, I do that all the time, I just don't post them. So in the future, if you are going to take an idea from someone and replicate it, don't post it. And that goes for all of you.

I guess inspiration was never a right to begin with, you of all people should know that the best. Its one thing when you make from scratch, but there is no putting something past anyone simply because photoshop is JUST that capable :/

Well Sean, in light of things, ideas are fine, but apply with a combination of other elements next time. A blatant attempt, no matter how proposed, just seems too similar and like Ryan said, people are going to "EXPLODE" on you for that.

Lastly.

How is him doing that any different than doing a tutorial, using the same exact stock, text, textures, c4ds, elements a whole? And purely going off this one scenario alone. (Granted, its used as a reference on how to apply techniques, and give you a general idea, etc.) An example would be Geo making that one Lelouch tag, same stock, requirements, etc.

Vicodin

relative power
I guess inspiration was never a right to begin with, you of all people should know that the best. Its one thing when you make from scratch, but there is no putting something past anyone simply because photoshop is JUST that capable :/

Well Sean, in light of things, ideas are fine, but apply with a combination of other elements next time. A blatant attempt, no matter how proposed, just seems too similar and like Ryan said, people are going to "EXPLODE" on you for that.

Lastly.

How is him doing that any different than doing a tutorial, using the same exact stock, text, textures, c4ds, elements a whole? And purely going off this one scenario alone. (Granted, its used as a reference on how to apply techniques, and give you a general idea, etc.) An example would be Geo making that one Lelouch tag, same stock, requirements, etc.

I'm sorry - but inspiration? That's not inspiration.

There are bits that are SPOT ON. Actually - a whole lot is. It's a clear blatant rip. Using a tutorial, the same stock, is not ripping. It's using a resource and applying your own effects and ideas to it - something sean did NOT DO. The items used are considerably too similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back