• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas Question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven1028

so i was just thinking, we all know that a nobody is created when a person turns into a heartless and the shell left behind becomes the nobody. Well how exactly does roxas come into being when sora's body is still there? unless i don't fully understand the concept, but shouldn't sora's body be the body roxas uses as his nobody body? or did sora just get a completely new body somehow when kairi hugged him as a heartless to protect him? maybe im totally off base but someone please explain lol

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Roxas really uses Sora's body and soul all the time while he is independent, in that body there is stuck Ven's injured heart, which was kicked out of Sora's heart when it became a heartless, therefore the appearance-change.

Sora on the other hand after Kairi "purified" him was in essence only a floating heart with a physical form.
If Sora really got a new "body" or if it was just a "shell" for his floating heart is not confirmed and subject to debate.

Beside having some of Sora's memories due to Naminé's and Xion's meddling having Sora's body was one of the reasons why Roxas in the end had no choice but to return to Sora.

Ven1028

ok i think i understand now. i knew everything but the whole "body" thing. thanks for the explanation lol i appreciate it

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think Roxas was just the remains of Ven, mixed with Sora's memories, I believe that Ven's leftover power gave him a body and heart(of sorts). I belive Sora, had his body too, and the only thing he needed from Roxas was his lost memories.

Roxas only gained his looks from carrying Ven's injured mostly inactive heart around and was able to experience true emotions from it.
There are no "remains" of Ven or leftover powers because Ven never died. His body and soul are comatose and stored in the chamber of waking inside Castle Oblivion while his gravely injured heart found shelter inside Sora's heart.

Roxas has to have Sora's body or he would not be Sora's nobody, who he is.
Roxas is certainly not a reincarnated Ven, that was confirmed by Nomura himself.

Ven1028 said:
ok i think i understand now. i knew everything but the whole "body" thing. thanks for the explanation lol i appreciate it.

No problem. ;)

Crystal

Silver Member
Roxas really uses Sora's body and soul all the time while he is independent, in that body there is stuck Ven's injured heart, which was kicked out of Sora's heart when it became a heartless, therefore the appearance-change.

Sora on the other hand after Kairi "purified" him was in essence only a floating heart with a physical form.
If Sora really got a new "body" or if it was just a "shell" for his floating heart is not confirmed and subject to debate.

Beside having some of Sora's memories due to Naminé's and Xion's meddling having Sora's body was one of the reasons why Roxas in the end had no choice but to return to Sora.

Just some question, after Riku being possesed by Ansem SoD, where is his heart?

Gram

Banned
Awards
But why is he having a physical form also?
probably the same way sora does from the hollow bastion of kh1 to him waking up in kh2.

we dont know why they are able to have physical forms despite them lacking bodies in those moments and since its been so long i doubt we ever will.
XD the best thing to do is just admit to yourself that its a plot hole or deus ex machina and go on.

Crystal

Silver Member
probably the same way sora does from the hollow bastion of kh1 to him waking up in kh2.

we dont know why they are able to have physical forms despite them lacking bodies in those moments and since its been so long i doubt we ever will.
XD the best thing to do is just admit to yourself that its a plot hole or deus ex machina and go on.

If is Sora, it can be Kairi purify him thus he will having a physical form but Riku... xD

Gram

Banned
Awards
I thought the physical form is just represent that the heart was belong to Riku

So, it actually a representative and Riku actually doesn't have physical form?
XD like i said its best just to tell yourself its a plot hole and move on or else you'll be on this^ all month.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
XD like i said its best just to tell yourself its a plot hole and move on or else you'll be on this^ all month.

I've to agree with this for now.
For Riku's "shell" after Ansem SoD kicked his heart out, Kairi restoring Sora with a human-shaped "shell" and also Naminé, who had no body, we have no sufficient information on.
Either we have a plot hole/deus ex machina here as Anagram suspects, or it is a missing piece that has just not been explained yet.

Ven1028

this might sound like a really dumb question...but what exactly does deus ex machina mean?

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
this might sound like a really dumb question...but what exactly does deus ex machina mean?

A deus ex machina (pronounced /ˈdeɪ.əs ɛks ˈmɑːkiːnə/ or /ˈdiː.əs ɛks ˈmækɨnə/,[1] DAY-əs eks MAH-kee-nə) (Latin for "god out of the machine"; plural: dei ex machina) is a plot device whereby a seemingly inextricable problem is suddenly and abruptly solved with the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new character, ability, or object.

It's not a dumb question... as Socrates once said, “I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing.

Just because you don't know anything, doesn't mean you are dumb. You just don't know (The knowledge) yet.

Ven1028

thanks a bunch lol knowing what that means lets me understand so much more of what has been said. also, i appreciate the little confidence boost you gave at the end, very nice :)

Crystal

Silver Member
I've to agree with this for now.
For Riku's "shell" after Ansem SoD kicked his heart out, Kairi restoring Sora with a human-shaped "shell" and also Naminé, who had no body, we have no sufficient information on.
Either we have a plot hole/deus ex machina here as Anagram suspects, or it is a missing piece that has just not been explained yet.

Will this plot hole be explained in the future game ? Or it is not important issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back