• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Self-driven Insomnia, anyone?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trag

Bronze Member
For a while, I've been meaning to ask. I love to contemplate, to draw, and to write, but what I don't like, sometimes, is sleep. I drink mass quantities of coffee in the morning, a few cups after school each day, and it helps, but only a little. Caffeine and sugar don't do anything for me, and I refuse to drink energy drinks after one time when I passed out. What could I do to keep myself awake? I'm not some kid who wants to stay up playing video cames all night, I want to do something constructive. At night, I escape the dark clutches of my room, and my parents, and can read and write without care (I hate when my parents/family see what I write). I can catch up on my comic books, and my Bowie. But how could I go about it, without my tea and coffee? Is there a cheap way I could do this, besides buying that 5 hour energy bullshit?

Lunar Knight

American Person
You should get an adequate amount of sleep. It helps your body repair itself.

I find listening to music a good way to stay up. Just plug some earphones in, but not too loud. I wouldn't want you to damage your hearing.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
I legitimately have in somnia. Trust me, its not the least bit fun. I barely get any sleep, which can hinder my school work and thinking at times.

Anyway, try playing video games or something.

Trag

Bronze Member
I legitimately have in somnia. Trust me, its not the least bit fun. I barely get any sleep, which can hinder my school work and thinking at times.

Anyway, try playing video games or something.

I've had the actual thing before. In fifth grade, I didn't get any sleep for a week, and I had night terrors for the next. I know exactly how bad it is for your school performance and etc.
I know I need an adequate amount of sleep, but I can make it up eventually by going to bed early. And the music I listen to would still put me to sleep. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
I can see what you mean but your body really does need rest. All types of things can happen to you if you dont sleep. Your immune system wont be as strong as it should. Take it easy on yourself and try and get some rest.

Maverick E.S

Virus
Stay online on the forums perhaps,browse the internet or write something, like for me im writing books now(not to stay up tho) but it keeps me up when i wanna write tho and or draw,play videogames like FF said.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
I actually have insomnia. I can stay up for days, IDK why I have it. It's not everyday I can't sleep, in certain periods of time my insomnia gets triggered and that's when I can't sleep.

Over this Winter break, I couldn't sleep for 6 days. until yesterday, my body couldn't take it anymore and I got knocked out.
However during these stages, I do w/e I do. act all normal, exept I tend to listen to the same song over and over again so my mind gets a steady flow during these stages, if not - I go nuts and pondering about why I can't sleep.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You should sleep, you know.
If you really don't want to sleep and be productive, choose one night to just stay up all night and get stuff done.

If you stay up for a long period of time your body'll take damage and that isn't good.

I usually play music, drink some sodas and such and eat sugary foods...
And when my body tells me to sleep I sleep. .-. That's just me though. I'm a nutter. Don't listen to me.

[&#8730;]Genuflect
Whenever i wanted to sleep late, i sleep early then wake up at midnight.

If you don't have time to sleep, you should just make yourself awake with anything you think that can make you stay awake.

bond of flames

you've got a soul, use it.
Website
www.facebook.com
yeah, you should sleep

i dont have insomnia but for winter break and now i stay up til at elast 2 iin the morning till i fall asleep.its not fun.i hated it

so just get some sleep

Mynny

Doing pudding pudding exercises during the day, ro
Hmmm.....take cold showers frequently (that ALWAYS wakes me up). I don't want to tell u not to eat a lot, cuz that's bad but if u have a full stomach that could definitely put u 2 sleep. Watch a very scary movie. Fear keeps u awake...and paranoid, but awake. Keep the lights on if darkness makes you tired. And yeah, high volume in ur ear phones can be bad (doesn't stop me) but if ur music is loud enuff maybe it'll keep u awake. Don't lay in ur bed while readin, b/c u associate bed w/ sleep and it'll make u tired sit in a chair or a place that would not be comfortable to sleep in. or take a nap in the day and then wake up late at night. that way you've gotten ur sleep and ur less likely to grow tired. that's all I can think of atm.

houzukimaru

I have bad insomnia >.>
but i find i'm naturally quite an ... awake person. I know it's bad to stay up too much, but I can function fine on only a few hour's sleep without any problems. Even normally I don't sleep for more than 7 hours on a good night. I find listening to music before i sleep makes me sleepy :)

KB2ndSTR2DRite

Website
www.myspace.com
i have insomnia and it takes years of 5 cans of coke a day.
i never thought i caffine effected me either untill i was diagnosed and they said it was from the years spent on caffine every day.

and i think you should be happy to sleep take your drawing/writing time till

9pm-12pm or even 10-12

those are good hours and them let your body shut down. 3hrs a night to do what you like should be enough. and if you have a problem with staying up till 12 i got really nothing to say.

or if you cant stay up go to bed early wake up early and do it.

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
You should sleep. It will help you write better. Value your sleep, b/c on normal school days, I get about 3-4 hours of sleep per night, and that sucks. It causes you to lose focus and slows motor function, all that stuff about the dangers of lack of sleep. You might actually be damaging your writing ability by forcing yourself to stay up.

If you have to, then you could do what I'm doing and post on forums for a while, it usually makes it harder to go to sleep. Find some good rock music, it's harder to go to sleep with a good electric guitar riff in your ears.
But seriously. Go to sleep. Like, right now. As much as you can. It's not worth it for a lifetime of insomnia. Heck, screw this homework. I'm going to sleep.

Last edited:

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Let the internet draw you in.

You'll never sleep again, because:

a: Some of the stuff on this is pretty ****ed up.

&

b: You'll lose track of time really quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back