• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should another Disney villain replace Maleficent?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginalea00

Awards
I loved Maleficent's role in KH1 and in Sleeping Beauty. She was a great character who had an important role in the overall story. But she then became Pete's pathetic partner in KH2, Coded and DDD and her role was not as important. Her randomly rising from the dead also made no sense...is she immortal? I feel she was not needed after KH1 and they could have showcased another great Disney villain.

Rather than coming up with a ridiculous story where she is revived, why not just bring in another Disney villain in KH2 like Snow White's Evil Queen or Jafar to take over the Disney villains? Or if they wanted to ally them with Pete, maybe a more comical villain like Hades might have worked better with Pete. Then bring in another Disney villain in KH3. Cruella De Vil would be another good choice because her world would be difficult to do in the game so having her in a Maleficent-type role would be a good way to have her in the series.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Was it ever confirmed that Chernabog was at one point intended to be the final boss of KH1? I heard that rumor but was never sure it was real.

Anyway I vote Xanatos. That guy can play the mastermind role.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Was it ever confirmed that Chernabog was at one point intended to be the final boss of KH1? I heard that rumor but was never sure it was real.

Anyway I vote Xanatos. That guy can play the mastermind role.
You heard right. There's even some really old concept art that was released last year depicting lion!Sora, Donald, and Goofy attacking Chernabog.

I'd put my money on the Horned King, by the way. He's not a mastermind schemer but he fits the "eeeeevil" bill pretty well.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yes. I do think another Disney baddie should replace Maleficent, but only after KH3, seeing as how KHx's Special Episode seems to suggest that she'll have a grand role in KH3's story. Let's just finish the Xehanort Saga nice and tidy and start the new one with an almost clean slate.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
You heard right. There's even some really old concept art that was released last year depicting lion!Sora, Donald, and Goofy attacking Chernabog.

Interesting. Makes ya wonder if whatever story there was for him can still fit into the current canon. Its no question that the pureblood heartless certainly take a few aesthetics from him so I can see Cherny being revealed as the Alpha/original heartless or something.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
On the subject of Chernabog, I don't think, and this is just a random thought, that he might make a comeback after the Xehanort Saga as the main Disney villain. Even if he does reappear, he'll just be there as a world exclusive villain. So there really might be space for Maleficent replacements.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
On the subject of Chernabog, I don't think, and this is just a random thought, that he might make a comeback after the Xehanort Saga as the main Disney villain. Even if he does reappear, he'll just be there as a world exclusive villain. So there really might be space for Maleficent replacements.
Agreed. Chernabog might be the Walt Disney version of Satan, but I can't really see him being a threat that spans across worlds. He's more like a force of nature than anything... I somehow can't see him actively plotting or teaming up with other villains.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Agreed. Chernabog might be the Walt Disney version of Satan, but I can't really see him being a threat that spans across worlds. He's more like a force of nature than anything... I somehow can't see him actively plotting or teaming up with other villains.

He's like the Disney manifestation of what Heartless are: forces of nature that rely on instinct.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, there isn't a whole lot that can be done with him for characterization, unless Disney gives Nomura the free rein to go nuts.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yeah, there isn't a whole lot that can be done with him for characterization, unless Disney gives Nomura the free rein to go nuts.

After so many years of Chernabog, it'd be weird to see him being a very active villain. It'd be cool, but maybe Nomura can make his own rendition of Chernabog?

Kounelli

Awards
The series has always tried to push Maleficent as this superior being that can surpass death, I do not think she will be replaced any time soon. If it were to happen, however, it would have to be someone at her level. I could see Hades trying to take on a bigger role if he weren't fixated with taking his own world, or maybe even a souped up evil queen. I would like to see the Horned King come into play, but since Disney keeps trying to sweep that movie under the rug I doubt that is going to happen.

palizinhas

Awards
Should Maleficent be the main recurring Disney villain forever? Probably not, but CoM already hinted that she wasn't dead, and the Disney villain in KH2 being somone Sora already knew was something interesting, considering she saves him at one point. And KH2 Disney villains would ALWAYS be bogged down by the Organization, it would mean bringing someone new that would stop being threatening halfway through their first game.

After KH3, sure. But now there's also the thread that is going on, her interest in the data worlds and the tome of prophecies (and her role in khux is something to keep an eye on).

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
Is he even capable in talking.
in the House of Mouse he did.

and in term's of Maleficent's supposed 'replacement', i like to add my candidate for the role:

[video=youtube;CxO_Qypw9bY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxO_Qypw9bY[/video]

that's right! Negaduck! he's perfect for the job. the video above pretty much explains my choice, the guy is downright evil. i can even imagine him staging a coup against Maleficent and taking over. and if that does happened, Sora and co. are gonna have work cut out for them.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'd put my money on the Horned King, by the way. He's not a mastermind schemer but he fits the "eeeeevil" bill pretty well.

The Evil King is synonymous with all the failiures of Walt Disney Animation Studios so I highly doubt that he'll have a role as significant as that outside of his own franchise.

latest

There's always Mortimer Mouse to consider. Sure, he may not have as much characterisation as Maleficent or Pete, however, he's an antagonistic figure and would be an interesting rival to Mickey. A pure Keyblade wielder of Darkness outside Xehanort would be intriguing to say the least.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Maybe Pete will be sticking around longer. Square can't exactly kill him off.

Kaijuguy19

There's always Loki to consider since Marvel is owned by Disney now,it would be cool if he had a role especially if the games start to bring in Marvel worlds.

Muke

whatever
Awards
It's difficult for me to envision another Disney Villain taking the role, but I do think they could pull it off... somehow?
Just like, she's been there from the beginning. I rather they give her a new sidekick

Kounelli

Awards
There's always Loki to consider since Marvel is owned by Disney now,it would be cool if he had a role especially if the games start to bring in Marvel worlds.

I sincerely doubt that KH will ever incorporate Marvel worlds or Star Wars worlds for that matter, it's just too much. They haven't even begun Pixar worlds yet. It would have been cool though, but I guess that is what fanfictions are for! 8D

Muke

whatever
Awards
I sincerely doubt that KH will ever incorporate Marvel worlds or Star Wars worlds for that matter, it's just too much. They haven't even begun Pixar worlds yet. It would have been cool though, but I guess that is what fanfictions are for! 8D
I feel like Pixar Worlds are far more likely than Marvel and Star Wars Worlds, tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back