• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should the series come to an end?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenza

Website
angolca.deviantart.com
Usually sequels to games aren't as good as the original but Kingdom Hearts has proved to have awesome sequels thus far. However I feel like it needs to come to an end soon since after seeing some of the plot twists in Dream Drop Distance, I'm sort of disappointed. I feel like Kingdom Hearts has a reached a point where they're slowly starting to degrade and they need to put closure to the series. It's not like Final Fantasy where you can keep adding more and it won't degrade the series (well I guess it depends but). I mean this coudl just be me being disappointed with Dream Drop Distance but what are your thoughts?

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
It depends. We know from what Nomura has said in interviews over the past couple of years that the series is planned to continue Sora's Story past KH3, which will conclude the "Xehanort Arc".

Personally, I feel that it depends on what sort of direction the next arc would take and how many game entries are planned to be a part of it.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well that's subjecttive, but I like to see how this series will go and we the players can tell Nomura or even the creators of FF and Disney to stop just because we don't like some of the games or shows. So the series should go on until Nomura decides to finish.

And can I ask, how many times has this been asked?

Kenza

Website
angolca.deviantart.com
It depends. We know from what Nomura has said in interviews over the past couple of years that the series is planned to continue Sora's Story past KH3, which will conclude the "Xehanort Arc".

Personally, I feel that it depends on what sort of direction the next arc would take and how many game entries are planned to be a part of it.

That makes sense. When put in that context, it makes me feel more that the Xehanort Arc should come to an end and it's good that it will in KH3.

MasterZeR0

That makes sense. When put in that context, it makes me feel more that the Xehanort Arc should come to an end and it's good that it will in KH3.

However, don't forget about the Mystery Game that will come out before KH3. That's sure to mindkupo us a bit more before the finale.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I feel as if KH is Xehanort's story just as much as it's Sora's story. It's hard to imagine it continuing once the Xehanort saga ends.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
I disagree, i feel that some KH games were thinned out from lack of ideas and plot holes, but as someone else pointed out...it's subjective. I liked KH for it's story, pretty simple. I liked KH2 for it's gameplay...did not like the story. Chain of Memories was a rehash of worlds but it was still good story wise, and for the character development of Sora...Everything else that followed up until BBS "to me" was like an excuse to explain the mistakes made in KH2 a.k.a filling in the plot holes.

I'm a little nervous to see how Nomura could extend the series. He's already reached the point of adding TWEWY in the mix...not that it's a bad thing.

MasterZeR0

I'm a little nervous to see how Nomura could extend the series. He's already reached the point of adding TWEWY in the mix...not that it's a bad thing.

In my eyes, all that means is that KH has evolved from being Final Fantasy plus Disney into Square Enix plus Disney. Not that they're adding another franchise into the mix.

JTD95

However, don't forget about the Mystery Game that will come out before KH3. That's sure to mindkupo us a bit more before the finale.

Nomura has recently said that the next game will complete the Xehanort Chapter. Implying that the next game will be KH3.
So... No mystery game then.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Nomura has recently said that the next game will complete the Xehanort Chapter. Implying that the next game will be KH3.
So... No mystery game then.

Do we even have a decent translation of that yet?
If not, I won't set that in stone just yet.

blank points

Awards
I personally, have mixed emotions of them continuing after KH3. I mean, trying to continue KH without Xehanort would be like trying to continue Harry Potter without Voldemort. If so the writing stays good, then it may have a chance. However, if they do something stupid like "Oh no, MX secretly had a wife, and how she wants to avenge her husband" then yeah, I stop playing the series. I say KH3 should be the end at this point, considering how long we have been waiting for it.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
If KH3 ends with Xehanort'd death, but he succeeds to recreate the keyblade War, ok. Xehanort's Arc would end, but all the stuff happening post KH3 would still be his fault. I'd be satisfied if the serie went that road.

But if post KH3 pulls a villain out of nowhere "Surprise! It's me who's been doing it all along but you've never seen me hur hur", thanks but no.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I certainly hope that, regardless of everything, KH III doesn't end in a total big cliffhanger or a downer ending like a Keyblade war breaking out but with some decent happy ending for once that gives those players who want to stop after KH III enough closure for all important characters so that they can say satisfied or at least with a good neutral stance: "Ok, for me, the series ends here."

The next saga should not be started right away from the end of the old but only teased and hinted about at the end.

If I will follow the series more after the Xehanort saga I will probably only decide when the time comes and I see how the end is handled and how many of the characters I came to admire and like are taken over into the new chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back