• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sky Angels: Search for the War Stones

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amalthea

When in doubt: C4.
"I haven't seen you around. What city are you from?"

"South Menia," Marinni replied. "It's nice to meet you, Nerissa."

She looked at the other girl, admiring the purple of her hair. It was lighter than Marinni's own black, so she liked it that much more. She twirled the ring around twice more then slipped it on her finger for safe-keeping.

"You looked kinda lonely," Marinni explained, a bright smile on her face. "So I thought I'd say hello to someone I've never seen before. Are you enjoying the festival? Personally, I've never been to anything like it."

Marinni realized she was talking far too much as her mind was buzzing with all the interesting things from the festival, but she couldn't seem to stop talking.

"I was going to go up to the kings' tent. Would you like to come with me?"

Lectori Salutem

secretly sadistic
Where was it? It shouldn’t be so hard to find a first aid stand, right? Amber made sure to remember this. If one of her father’s companies had any part in organizing the medical stands, she was going to make sure the person responsible wouldn’t forget this festival anytime soon! Finally she spotted one, and she entered the tent.

“Hello. How may I help you?” a young girl said when Amber entered. She was obviously a volunteer, not a professional medic. Amber sighed. Volunteers were tiring.

“This is a first aid stand, so it would make sense if I needed some first aid.”

“I’m sorry madam; I’m just trying to be nice.” The girl answered. From what Amber could see, she was about the same age as her. Amber rolled her eyes.

“I’m no older than you, don’t call me madam.”

“Alright. What is the problem?”

“I think there might be something wrong with my neck.” Amber lifted the hand that was still covering the small wound up until now. The girl gasped.

“It’s bleeding!” She said. Amber rolled her eyes again.

“Well, wounds tend to do that…”

Without another word, and Amber was grateful for that, the girl got to work. After a few minutes the wound was cleaned and bandaged, to make sure not dirt would enter it. The girl did it surprisingly well, for an amateur.

“What caused that, if I may ask,” The girl said when Amber was about to leave.

“Something sharp, don’t you think.” Was the reply, and with that Amber left. She had a job to do, after all.

Avalanche

Happily Insane
"A medium grape and a large apple, please," a man and his daughter ordered.

"Right away, sir." Was Aisu immediate reply. Great the apple isn't melted... time to get out the chisel. When the the tent would run low on flavoring they would ofter freeze the bottle and chisel chunks off.

Lifting the chisel who brought it down hard on the green ice mass, and it slipped. It cut through the back of his hand and blood soon started to flow out of the wound. He winced.

"Going to First Aid, be right back," he called to Sarah.

~~~

Upon entering the tent he noticed he wasn't alone, a girl was in there seeming to get her neck treated.

"Have an bandages?" The Ice Flyer called to the girl who was assisting the injured one.

Lectori Salutem

secretly sadistic
Amber only saw a flash of him, just before she left. Turquoise hair, silver eyes, but what really caught her eye was the wings. Large turquoise wings. A Flyer. An Ice Flyer to be exact. And Ice Flyer with a hurt hand. Amber didn’t know festivals were supposed to be this dangerous. She decided to talk to him a bit. Safety management was obviously a point that could use some improvement. And her father would be proud if she’d manage to make some money out of it. Maybe. Hopefully.

Besides, he was an Ice Flyer. Flyers weren’t that easy to come by, and Ice Flyers were especially rare in these parts. Amber was just curious. She wanted to know more about him, were he came from, why he was here. So she waited outside of the tent, next to the entrance.

When he finally stepped outside, she spoke. “I’m Amber. Who’re you?”

Avalanche

Happily Insane
Aisu stepped out of the tent his hand nicely bandaged when he heard someone say,
“I’m Amber. Who’re you?”

Aisu stood there for a moment before answering, he heard that most Earthlings seemed to adore Flyers, but something about her manner and sudden appearence made him curious about this particular Earthling.

"I'm Aisu, I work at the snow cone tent." He replied.

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
"Thank you very much" Nanami happily exclaimed as she walked away from the stand with a delicious strawberry ice cream in her hand. She took a lick absently as her golden orbs wandered around now where to? she stopped in her tracks watching the people as they walked past her. "oh yeah, the castle." She had heard two flyers talking about it near the stand, they said that all the kings of the species were there where all the main entertainment was held and it sounded like fun. Having made up her mind, Nanami walked for the Castle.

It was a wonderful sight, seeing all those species together merging in the happy atmosphere of the festival. The laughter and the happy chatter filled the air like music in this beautiful night. Any minor troubles and conflicts were gone as if they had never been in this place. They were all here just to celebrate and enjoy their time. After she had offered her greetings to the royal figures, Nanami stayed for a while watching the different dances and other colors of entertainment but soon she'd grown bored. The young spaceiling exited the castle and back into the festival. Perhaps try some games?... She eyed a couple of booths where they held some interesting looking games. But her eyes caught a familiar face, Vespera, a fellow spacieling and a friend of hers. "hey Vespera, I didn't know you were coming" Nanami said cheerfully as she greeted Vespera.

Rauxlen

I've posted once since 2010
Awards
Vespera was playing all the games she could before she had to go back to her booth. Suddenly, she heard a familiar voice coming from behind her.
"Hey Vespera, I didn't know you were coming!"
Vespera turned around and saw Nanami, another Spaceling, who was also her friend. "Oh hi," said Vespera, a smile on her face, "Yeah, I'm working at a booth over here. It got pretty boring, so I decided to come and enjoy the festival." She paused for a moment, and then spoke again, "It's cool you decided to come. I haven't seen many familiar faces around here..."

Lectori Salutem

secretly sadistic
The Flyer seemed to hesitate briefly before answering. It made Amber wonder if it was as rare for a Flyer to speak with an earthling as it was the other way around. He certainly seemed to look at her with interest.

"I'm Aisu, I work at the snow cone tent."

“Never heard that name before.” Amber mumbled, before extending her hand. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Aisu.” Se motioned with her head to the bandages hand. “So how did you get hurt, if I may ask?”

Avalanche

Happily Insane
Shaking Amber's hand he answered, "Oh, I cut it when I was trying to chisel off some Apple flavoring. It sorta slipped." He paused to think for a moment,

"Usually when we run low on supplies we freeze the flavorings, as you probably know liquids expand when frozen...." he trailed off thinking he was sounding a bit boring.

"What about your neck?" He asked still a bit unsure of where the conversation would lead too.

Lectori Salutem

secretly sadistic
Aisu was talking about flavouring and whatnot, when suddenly his voice became softer and softer, until it eventually faded away completely. Amber let out an irritated grumble, but it was not loud enough to be heard. If you deemed what you were talking about not interesting anymore, you should either stop talking completely or finish what you were saying. Not let your voice trail off until it was impossible to hear. It was like not being able to choose between stopping and continuing, and it annoyed Amber to no end. If it would have been a normal person, she would have just walked away, but this Flyer was interesting. She still felt like knowing more about him, especially since he seemed quite nice.

"What about your neck?"

It looked like he hesitated a bit before asked. Amber couldn’t help but smirk. He really was nice. She decided to tease him a bit. It wasn’t like he would be a useful connection to her father anyway, so she could do whatever she liked. And Amber liked chatting and teasing right now.

“Oh, that’s nothing. Just some random sharp object that decided it would be fun to flying through the crowd and embed itself in my neck for no reason at all.” Amber shrugged. “Nothing out of the ordinary.” She studied his reaction carefully.

Avalanche

Happily Insane
Aisu gave a small smile, It looked like the girl was having some fun.

"You mean like this?" He summoned a shard of ice and threw it so it lodged itself in wooden post about 30 meters away.

"Nothing unusual especially when your in a crowd like this." He agreed. "Speaking of interesting people I wonder if she's here," He said mostly to himself. "Anywho have you met the kings and queens of the species yet?" He said gesturing towards the castle in the middle.

Zeph

imp of the perverse
"...ry. Hey, Emury!"

She had been so entranced browsing through the Spaceling gadgets that she didn't hear her name being called until someone came up and ruffled her hair. Looking up from the laser-gun-type object in her hand, Emury saw a rather tall, thin boy with black and blond hair and green eyes.

"Oh, hey Ren, what are you doing here? I thought you were helping your parents clean their garage?" She raised her eyebrow at the boy's smirk, and folded her arms as she smirked as well. Ren was her best friend, and had been since middle school. Despite the rumors in high school that persisted even to this day, there had never been anything more than friendship between the two of them.

"Yeah," he answered quietly. "They let me off the hook when I told them you'd be here all alone." He smiled, and so did Emury. Despite Ren's rather… audacious appearance, he was the calm, quiet-type. But, he would always go along with her wild, hair-brained ideas.

"So," She said with a mischievous grin, "Let's go eat and then ride the crazy rides!"

cloudxxzach

"My name's Mei." she aswered the fire flyer.

"Oh, okay. Nice to meet you...I'm Tray." He offered his hand and she took it. "Well, I, better get back with my girlfriend," he motioned to the pretty young woman standing off about three yards away. She was buisying herself at another tent, but keeping her eyes on the two of them.

Mei blushed and hanked her hand back. "Right, have fun! I'm going to the castle soon anyway." Mei waved and rushed off of the scene to save herself from anymore ebarresment.

"Nice to meet you!" he called after her.

She half waved and just kept walking. She was looking back when she suddenly bumped into two spacelings talking. She turned and saw them both looking at her.
"So, sorry!" she exclaimed. "I was...just...um, hi I'm Mei!" she stuck out her hand in greeting.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
"South Menia," Marinni replied. "It's nice to meet you, Nerissa."

"South... I see", Nerissa said, nodding. "No wonder I couldn't recognize you, I live in North Edalay."
The purple-haired Waterling turned her gaze towards the moon. She loved night - everything was so beautiful: the stars and the big, shining moon on the dark blue sky.. The silence (which didn't preside in the area at the moment), the cool breeze caressing the skin... Sometimes Nerissa came to surface just to enjoy the time after sunset, to listen how the nature sang to her.
Her thoughts were interrupted, as Marinni spoke again.

"You looked kinda lonely," she said, smiling to her. "So I thought I'd say hello to someone I've never seen before. Are you enjoying the festival? Personally, I've never been to anything like it."

She tilted her head again to the side.
"I guess it's nice to go crazy every now and then... I don't really know, I just arrived", she said, glancing over her shoulder at the festival area.

"I was going to go up to the kings' tent. Would you like to come with me?"

Nerissa pondered the idea for a moment. She didn't really want to go into the big crowd... but then again, she was intrigued to see the Kings. Besides, she didn't want to lose her new friend.
"Yes", the female Waterling replied. "I would love to."
She stood up swiftly, offering her pale hand to Marinni to help her up from the sand.

Lectori Salutem

secretly sadistic
“You mean like this?”

And ice shard seemed to materialize out of nowhere, and Aisu threw it with considerable accuracy into a wooden post. Amber’s eyes widened slightly at this display of ability, but showed no other indication that she was surprised.

“Nothing unusual especially when you’re in a crowd like this.”

After that he said something else, but Amber didn’t quite catch it. Either way, it was obviously not directed at her. Not really polite.

“That’s cold.” Amber remarked with a slight smile, referring to both the ice shard and the talking to himself.

“Anywho have you met the kings and queens of the species yet?”

Amber shook her head before replying. “Is that an invitation to take a look at them together?” The girl smiled. She hoped it was. It would be nice to stay with Aisu a little longer. After all the endless business talk with hidden intentions, it was nice to be able to just talk a bit. It was almost as if she had a real friend.

Avalanche

Happily Insane
“Is that an invitation to take a look at them together?”

Aisu gave a small smile, "It's whatever you want it to be, but for now let's go with that before my boss comes and murders me for sneaking off, again."

He gave a small wink and headed off towards the big tent in the center of the festival.

Amalthea

Marinni's face lit up in a huge smile as she took Nerissa's hand. She stood up and started walking toward the large tent nestled inside the big castle. It was beautiful. She couldn't help but be entranced.

She turned to Nerissa and asked: "What's Edalay like?....Oh, I'm talking alot, sorry."

She bit her lip and waited to see if the other girl would be annoyed with her or not. She hoped not, but she'd never met many new people.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Nerissa paced next to Marinni, slight happiness raising it's head in her mind. She thought that the festival would be just a boring occasion, where people gathered to eat, drink and crazy about until they would fall asleep late at night. It seemed, that everything was much more calmer than the Waterling had expected. Plus, there were many interesting events, including the one they were heading towards.

"What's Edalay like?....Oh, I'm talking alot, sorry."

The purple-haired girl turned to her, seeing her bite her lower lip. The left side of her mouth twitched so slightly upwards, that one would have to look closely to understand, that she smiled.
"It's fine", she replied. "I like to listen to others."
Nerissa thought for a moment before answering Marinni's question.
"Edalay is... quiet. Nothing really happens there, which is a good thing in it's own way, in my opinion."

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
--------------------------------------------------

As he walked back through the crowds, returning once again into the main part of the festival, the disguised Volos immediately came to a slow halt as a rather familiar Mystic came walking right up to him. Though the creature spoke to him, Volos didn’t truly pay any real attention to him, simply examining the boy and realizing that this was the same one he saw using one of his dragon teeth on another person.

When he suddenly suggested that they both should, team up, Volos couldn’t help but close his eyes briefly and laugh a little, staring straight at Thorn once again after he reopened his eyes, now entirely orange in color and staring deeply into the Mystics sight. “I’m sorry. I think you may have the wrong person. I do not know what you are implying. I’m simply here to enjoy the festival,...as...you....should...be!” the last few words by Volos seemed to echo to anyone who listened to them, almost as if it was a direct command to the Mystic.

Smiling a little as he continued to stare deeply into his eyes, Volos closed his briefly, letting his command sink into him as he moved slightly around Thorn, before opening his eyes again returning them to a more sky blue color, walking through the sea of crowds once again. Soon finding himself where almost everyone else had been to, Volos looked around sniffing at the air before grinning, actually enjoying the smell of all the different types of food around him. However, one thing stood between him and the food, everyone else. Obviously the success of these stalls had gathered enormous amounts of crowds and lines, and from the looks of them some had been standing there for maybe most of an hour.

Sighing at this gluttonous display from people, Volos sighed some more but also smiled as he raised his hand slightly causing some Dark Creatures to form out from the shadows around him, growling and roaring causing the crowds of people to immediately and obviously panic and scream in fear, running around trying to find some way out of this now bottle neck of an area. This however made it easy pickings for the creatures, as they leaped and tackled various beings to the ground, before ripping them to pieces.

As all of this was going on, and people were continuing to try to run away or even more foolishly trying to defend themselves against the monsters, Volos slowly walked up to one of the stalls, picking up something that seemed to be like a stick with some pieces of meat on it, taking a bite out of it with his teeth as he smiled enjoying the taste of the food. Slowly starting from the bottom up, the illusion he created began to disappear slowly but surely, revealing his true appearance while he continued to eat more and more of this wonderful meat.

Moving on ahead without a care in the world, even though all around it seemed like the world was actually ending with the amount of bodies that littered the street, Volos continued to partake in some more of the food he came across, while once the Dark Creatures had ran out of prey to attack where they were, they slowly moved along through the small archways, spreading the fear and panic as more and more of their kind continued to appear, bringing much more chaos to the festival then ever imagined.

Last edited:

Amalthea

"Edalay is... quiet. Nothing really happens there, which is a good thing in it's own way, in my opinion."

"Menia is almost the complete opposite," Marinni said. "It's always loud a boisterous. And it's really easy to get lost if you've never been there before. We had to leave my youngest sister there when we came to the festival because she's so little."

Marinni realized she was still holding the other girl's hand and dropped it. She then sped up a bit, eager to see the Kings. It was kind of tough trying to push her way through the throngs of people while trying to keep an eye on Narissa. They finally made it to the outside of the Kings' tent and Marinni held the door for Narissa.

"Ladies first," she said with a giggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back